Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:18:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Quite interesting that old gouty fingers is in the news today about receiving bags of cash from Qatar.  There is nothing much in there (at this stage) just the fact cash was used "in carry bags".

Just thinking about his recent criticism of the government and the general tactics of Johnson.

Jack Shaftoe

I do worry he's soaking up so much ill-will, the second he's gone all the wobblers will happily vote Tory again. Although the cost of living stuff might put a stop to that for a bit.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on June 26, 2022, 09:18:41 AMI do worry he's soaking up so much ill-will, the second he's gone all the wobblers will happily vote Tory again. Although the cost of living stuff might put a stop to that for a bit.

Yes very likely.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Jack Shaftoe on June 26, 2022, 09:18:41 AMI do worry he's soaking up so much ill-will, the second he's gone all the wobblers will happily vote Tory again. Although the cost of living stuff might put a stop to that for a bit.

Hopefully Novara etc will remind the wobblers about how the remaining Tories used to defend Johnson. I think a lot of Tory MPs and ministers will try and pretend they never supported Johnson once he goes.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 26, 2022, 09:42:18 AMHopefully Novara etc will remind the wobblers about how the remaining Tories used to defend Johnson. I think a lot of Tory MPs and ministers will try and pretend they never supported Johnson once he goes.

Tory voters don't generally watch novara

Buelligan

I think there needs to be a conversation about enablers on both sides of the aisle.  Johnson has waved the sticky finger of corruption in our faces, now we need to publicly examine everyone's hands.  We don't need a sin-eater to take the stank off of the whole rotten gang.  Tory, Labour, all of 'em, they all need nit-combing.

Ask simple questions like why are these dodgy cunts allowed to work for outside interestsWhy, if the price of that is enabling the wholesale corruption of our lives.  And it always, always, is.  Are we fucking mad?

Cuellar

Ferris

Replies From View

Quote from: Sherman Krank on June 25, 2022, 05:10:07 PMHe is however expected to eventually complete his physiological transformation into a Honey Monster.

I always saw him as a Weetabix in a suit.

Replies From View

QuoteAsked if there was any matter of principle he would consider resigning over, he said if he had to abandon Ukraine because it became too difficult or the costs were too great, he would quit

That's the kind of friend you need, innit.  "Sorry, too difficult now; byeee"

Buelligan

Quote from: Replies From View on June 26, 2022, 05:45:28 PMI always saw him as a Weetabix in a suit.

Yep.  Didn't want to say but it really upset me when the
Spoiler alert
Honey Monster
[close]
comparison was raised.  Weetabix people are shit though.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 26, 2022, 09:42:18 AMHopefully Novara etc will remind the wobblers about how the remaining Tories used to defend Johnson. I think a lot of Tory MPs and ministers will try and pretend they never supported Johnson once he goes.

Do the wobblers engage with things like Novara?  Everyone I've spoken to outside our echo chamber - and I'm talking about people who think they are left of the political centre - thinks Novara is a bunch of naive lefty students who wrongly supported Corbyn in the football match.

Replies From View

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 25, 2022, 11:08:13 PM

A completely normal news organ for completely normal people on normal island.

That is such a great photo for active thinking.

How many terms has he already done?

Fambo Number Mive

Yes, you and Martin are right, I withdraw the comment. I don't know who will stop the Tories rewriting history once Johnson goes, I suppose anyone who knows a wobbly needs to remind then.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 26, 2022, 08:47:19 PMYes, you and Martin are right, I withdraw the comment. I don't know who will stop the Tories rewriting history once Johnson goes, I suppose anyone who knows a wobbly needs to remind then.

They will just want someone one stable, "competent" but not radical.  Still the case that a lot of people are comfortablish but I reckon it is starting to dawn on these folk that things could get a lot worse.  This is where Starmers game could actually work, these people will vote Lib Dem and Starmer just needs to be dull enough to squeak through as the meh candidate.

I've got a fiver on Penny Mordaunt, she will give them good copy if he goes and will win back lots of votes (largely because she has kept herself uncontaminated).

Ferris

Replies From View

I'd love it if there was one character in Lord of the Rings who always said "Mordaunt", and nobody ever corrected them.

Buelligan

I'd prefer it if Sir Ian McKellen kicked them really hard up the arse.

JamesTC

Sounds like some olden timey thing.

"Back in my day we used the penny mordaunt"

Replies From View

Quote from: JamesTC on June 26, 2022, 09:10:43 PMSounds like some olden timey thing.

"Back in my day we used the penny mordaunt"

Sounds like a kind of gateaux to me.  One that has coins inserted into it like a Christmas pudding.

Replies From View

This was put up 2 weeks ago by Led By Donkeys; not sure if it has appeared in this thread yet.  Nothing new in it but interesting to see it all in one place.  I'm surprised it didn't get more coverage: