Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:10:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stigdu

shiftwork2

Quote from: Ferris on July 03, 2022, 06:04:51 PMWhat "massive" change has she initiated beyond having lunch?

Not one thing, I guess she's inspired lots of people to take up terfin'.

Dr Rock

That's what Bindel is clearly referring to, but too cowardly to be specific.

jobotic

Terfin'

Once the dinosaur thing has run its course they should all get bushy bushy blonde hairdos to identify themselves to each other.

Paul Calf

If everybody had a Rowling
Across the U.S.A.
Then everybody'd be Terfin'
Like the uuuu-k
You'd seem 'em subbing to Glinner
Turning the Red Wall blue
Dragon punch-down on the trans youth,
Terfin' Uuuu-K...

Ferris

Quote from: shiftwork2 on July 04, 2022, 08:38:31 AMThat really rich woman is the best person ever.

"Also, did I mention I have a crowdfunder going? Oh, no reason."

dissolute ocelot

Mister Six

I liked the bit where they dance to Nick Cave. Is that part two?

The later films are all right but suffer from clearly not having enough story to fill the runtime. Azkaban is the only one that is genuinely visually interesting and creative, though.

I've been reading to Mrs Six at night as a replacement for her trazodone, which she's weened herself off of. Been changing between Tiffany Aching and Harry Potter. The first Harry Potter book is decent enough, if a bit thin plotwise and clumsy in its prose in some places. Obviously pales in comparison to Pratchett though. Doing the second Tiffany Aching book at the mo; I assume she'll want to do Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets next.

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on July 04, 2022, 10:25:59 PMDeathly Hallows Part One is underrated.

I'm not keen on David Yates' muddy visuals, which hold it back, but I will say that by Deathly Hallows it's obvious that the young cast have grown into really decent actors.

Radcliffe, Grint and Watson have really found their groove and will often offset Yates' bland direction and Kloves' and Rowling's obvious ho-hum writing.

idunnosomename

Lol lbtq++/^2omwtfbbq!?!?

When Blindel and Rowling do their oppression banter it is deeply cringe but also simply right-wing "comedy"

Dr Rock

The American psychiatric manual, the DSM-5 (now called DSM-5-TR) has revised the chapter on gender dysphoria. The main changes reflects a more on target and respectful language for describing gender variance.

The term "desired gender" is now "experienced gender."
The term "cross-sex medical procedure" is now "gender-affirming medical procedure."
The term "natal male"/"natal female" is now "individual assigned male/female at birth."

However they have not removed the "autogynephilia" concept from the manual.

phantom_power

Is this the great wit and humour the GCs keep insisting they possess? Bantz

The Mollusk

Imagine being a woman - nay, a feminist - and making PTSD-disparaging jokes. I mean I don't want to speak on behalf of women but that is a tragically deluded and sightless thing to do, isn't it?

Dr Rock

buttgammon

Quote from: The Mollusk on July 05, 2022, 10:05:24 AMImagine being a woman - nay, a feminist - and making PTSD-disparaging jokes. I mean I don't want to speak on behalf of women but that is a tragically deluded and sightless thing to do, isn't it?

Indeed. How much of an empathy void does someone have to be to think trauma is worthy of ridicule?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 05, 2022, 09:22:09 AMThe American psychiatric manual, the DSM-5 (now called DSM-5-TR) has revised the chapter on gender dysphoria. The main changes reflects a more on target and respectful language for describing gender variance.

The term "desired gender" is now "experienced gender."
The term "cross-sex medical procedure" is now "gender-affirming medical procedure."
The term "natal male"/"natal female" is now "individual assigned male/female at birth."

However they have not removed the "autogynephilia" concept from the manual.

One research study showed that 93% of women are autogynephiliac. So defining it as abnormal or a disorder seems a little strange.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Trauma is both hilarious and a reason to bash trans people, according to TERF logic.

shiftwork2

Martin Van Buren Stan

Macy Gray? Well I may see red if she continues to espouse these transphobic views!

jobotic

"A good day to give up having ears" says JK Rowling as she pledges to buy Macy Gary's entire back catalogue.

Cold Meat Platter

What does Varg Vikernes think a woman is? Can we get Rowling to endorse the Burzum back-catalogue?

Kankurette

Pimhole

Quote from: The Guppy on July 05, 2022, 09:13:43 AMMore Bindel fuckery.

Wait a minute. They're talking a load of GC jargon and in-jokes so it's hard to be sure... but does this imply that JKR has claimed to be "33% lesbian"? Presumably whilst pissed at their alchies' lunch?

And "political lesbian" Bindel is fine with that, but they all constantly accuse others (e.g. intersex or asexual) of trying to hop on the trendy bandwagon of Q+?

The fucking hypocrisy.