Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:01:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Truss will go, she is just playing the loyalty game for the leadership contest, she'll move soon enough.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 05, 2022, 06:43:41 PMMark Harper is calling Javid and Sunak "honourable men". They are determined to pin it all on Johnson, when everyone who supported him, from cabinet ministers to Tory voters, is partly to blame.

It's mental, isn't it? All the stuff they've stood by him on, and they have their usual gall to act like the two of them are good men SHOCKED to discover that Boris Johnson is duplicitous.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on July 05, 2022, 06:44:57 PMRishi's basically fine, isn't he?

(Edit: "Fine" in the sense that the Tories will take him as PM.)

Well that's Javid's second resignation so we can assume he'll bounce-back.

BlodwynPig

Buelligan

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 05, 2022, 06:47:51 PMIt's mental, isn't it? All the stuff they've stood by him on, and they have their usual gall to act like the two of them are good men SHOCKED to discover that Boris Johnson is duplicitous.

Hate them all as I most certainly do, I think the dishonesty of Johnson is Trumpian, even Savilist, I really do.  Whole 'nother ballgame to normal dishonesty because it can't be shamed.

Those two are boy scouts in comparison (when it comes to lying and the ability to get away with it).

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 05, 2022, 06:47:51 PM...good men SHOCKED to discover that Boris Johnson is duplicitous.

They've already got the incredible meme out there that Sunak was excellent if not for bending to the will of the PM so often, with this show of values not a large jump to frame that as the perfect PM.

BlodwynPig

BBC: "Oh pearl-clutching drama, wot about OUR WAR WITH UKRAINE, we need Boris!!!"

Bennett Brauer

"I am sad to be leaving Government but me and Sajid have been asking for a Training Day for ages and you said you would arrange it but you never."

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on July 05, 2022, 06:59:07 PM"I am sad to be leaving Government but me and Sajid have been asking for a Training Day for ages and you said you would arrange it but you never."

you don't realise how close to the mark that hits. :))

H-O-W-L

BritishHobo

I love the BBC showing clips of Johnson, Sunak and Javid laughing together like it's a friendship flashback montage in an episode of Stranger Things. Remember all the good times!

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Butchers Blind

Buelligan

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 05, 2022, 07:03:31 PMI love the BBC showing clips of Johnson, Sunak and Javid laughing together like it's a friendship flashback montage in an episode of Stranger Things. Remember all the good times!

This makes me so incredibly glad I've never watched it.  Every cloud!

BlodwynPig

Dorries just seen leaving No. 10, Boris lights a cigarette "Not worth the 50 quid"

H-O-W-L

jobotic

Turned Radio 4 on about fifteen minutes ago, for the first time in years, and it was some lame comedy.

jobotic

Buelligan

Quote from: Moya Lothian McLean on twitterWondering what the hell happens now the chancellor and health secretary have jumped ship?

No bother, join the @novaramedia Twitter space with @AaronBastani and @AyoCaesar at 7.30pm to discuss Sajid Javid and Rishi Sunak's shock resignations

https://twitter.com/mlothianmclean/status/1544381223082070016?cxt=HHwWgMC4-cai3-4qAAAA

Zero Gravitas

"No PM can survive the resignation of two senior cabinet ministers like that."

I'd actually laugh if he slogged on, in the first seeing my reconstructed face after falling into a tank of industrial chemicals way.

Alberon

Johnson won't quit. If he faced reality he'd have left long ago.

Alberon

The Moggster on C4 just now doing a great impression of that cartoon of that person in the burning house saying everything's fine.

jobotic

He has to. All the ones remaining loyal are the ones who'll never be near the cabinet again.

Unless it's the drinks cabinet eh Nadine?!? Haha

Butchers Blind

wrec

Quote from: jobotic on July 05, 2022, 07:09:10 PMAre Javid and Sunak liberal blue tick FBPE heroes yet?

Maybe they could be lured across the floor to help get Brexit done 👍

BlodwynPig

Quote from: jobotic on July 05, 2022, 07:16:41 PMHe has to. All the ones remaining loyal are the ones who'll never be near the cabinet again.

Unless it's the drinks cabinet eh Nadine?!? Haha

Andrew Bridgen MP (Cons) just said that on BBC.