Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

A serial lawbreaking liar - Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson scandal thread 2

Started by Fambo Number Mive, April 19, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frajer

TrenterPercenter

If you are going into a leadership race and you've just been usurped by the Health Minister and Chancellor then your next best shot is to do the Gazza with the chicken and beer trick and stick around to try and talk to him, keeps the veneer of loyalty and duty going but I'd imagine it will eventually be shrug "I tried guys".  Is going too early a sign of good judgement or lack of stomach? That will be an argument for the leadership campaign.

It is wonderful that he is staying on though, maximum carnage, good lad.

Norton Canes

BritishHobo

Alberon

Does anyone think Johnson will resign?

It's insane to try and stick it out, but I think he will.

BritishHobo

Video Game Fan 2000

he'd rather burn the party to the ground than resign

maximum damage is possible

Spode

Can't believe, in 2022, I live in a country without a chancellor.

Can we function without someone to Chancel?

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on July 05, 2022, 07:29:48 PMhe'd rather burn the party to the ground than resign
maximum damage is possible

I could see that being quite strategic, even more clearly a one off man mental is to blame, be sure to get a guy with a smarter haircut next time.

BritishHobo

I can't believe I live in a country with an Ann Widdicombe.

Currently on the BBC saying Johnson isn't a liar he's just scatterbrained. He should continue in his post, just with an advisor who tells him not to say stupid things. Great.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on July 05, 2022, 07:32:13 PMI could see that being quite strategic, even more clearly a one off man mental is to blame, be sure to get a guy with a smarter haircut next time.

maybe, but they've had several serious opportunities to give him the heave ho over the past two years and most insisted he was still the only man for the job

"actually he was a destructive rogue we all hated" doesnt even have a Brexit bus level of believability

Sebastian Cobb

Spode

Quote from: BritishHobo on July 05, 2022, 07:33:24 PMI can't believe I live in a country with an Ann Widdicombe.

Currently on the BBC saying Johnson isn't a liar he's just scatterbrained. He should continue in his post, just with an advisor who tells him not to say stupid things. Great.

Fair play to Anne though. Incredible bravery having a go at his hair with the lid that she has got. Looks like Lego's mum

"The man is not a liar, he's simply incompetent" isn't the critic-slaying defence these dickheads think it is.

Sebastian Cobb

RenegadeScrew

Quote from: Alberon on July 05, 2022, 07:25:33 PMDoes anyone think Johnson will resign?

It's insane to try and stick it out, but I think he will.

I think he's done in one way or another. His tearful departure in the back of a car should be glorious.

BritishHobo

Quote from: idunnosomename on July 05, 2022, 07:38:25 PMcredit due, that shit blurry picture is very funny

It gets better...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AWMurrison/status/1544385269138350081

Posted as a reply to the original picture! Didn't even delete and try again, just "here's another one". Beautiful.

Ferris

Glad to see Nadine "Bonkers" Dorries is as loyal as she is dim.

Norton Canes

How the fuck are we expected to get by without a Trade Envoy to Morocco?

jobotic

Rees-Mogg just predicted that he'll beat Walpole and be PM for 21 years.

At least he's enjoying himself

bakabaka

BlodwynPig

Quote from: bakabaka on July 05, 2022, 07:54:44 PMHe didn't resign, he said that Johnson had to resign. Save us from journalists who can't parse a sentence.

I think he did resign, a bit mealy mouthed - he talked himself into resigning and just went with it. Great stuff.

bakabaka

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 05, 2022, 07:56:14 PMI think he did resign, a bit mealy mouthed - he talked himself into resigning and just went with it. Great stuff.
The BBC are now saying that he has resigned, quoting the same tweet, which means that if I'm right and he didn't mean to resign then he's fucked. If he issues a correction he'll be seen as the only rat to rejoin a sinking ship.

I hope I am right.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 05, 2022, 07:56:14 PMI think he did resign, a bit mealy mouthed - he talked himself into resigning and just went with it. Great stuff.

Yeah he started talking, then couldn't stop himself and by the end of his sentence he was no longer in his position.

Clown show government.

pigamus

Chris Pincher's going to be kicking himself if a job in Morocco's just come up

BlodwynPig