Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:39:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The RedLetterMedia thread

Started by AliasTheCat, October 24, 2019, 10:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 23, 2022, 06:37:11 PMAs was pointed out the finale is a bit more difficult but who cares

There were right next door to Toonland at that point.

Fambo Number Mive

Even though I don't play computer games besides dicking around on GTA San Andreas, I've started watching old Previously Recorded with Rick Evans and Jack.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PreviouslyRecorded

I think the RLM lads could make talking about different pencils interesting, they are so good compared.

Deanjam

'sake.
Do they really need to give an episode by episode account? Dunkin' on weak television is boring enough without stringing it out like that.

Deanjam

They didn't really dunk on it. They were complimentary about the last two episodes.

Oh, right. I haven't watched it yet. I just assumed it would be dogshit, and the picture of Rich committing suicide with a light sabre made me think he didn't enjoy it.

Pauline Walnuts

They also they thought it was 8 episodes in total, 4 each for two RLM videos, but turned out it was actually 6. Oh well.

Goldentony

Yeah they liked it, it's been an alright change of pace from the Picard stuff because it isn't all just issues and it isn't Jay free. Also like hearing them actually talk about Star Wars stuff they like and Phantom Menace related shit not in Plinkett mode.

JamesTC

The best bit of the Picard videos was in the last one when Jay started pissing himself laughing at Picard's butterfly speech.

QDRPHNC

QuoteHey everyone! We're currently working on two different videos. One is a Half in the Bag for Everything Everywhere All At Once. Finally! The other is a Jay and Josh re:View for the Kids in the Hall flop movie Brain Candy. The Kids in the Hall themselves spent the first five minutes of their new Amazon series making fun of this movie so we thought we'd revisit it.

I'm ashamed to say I've never seen Brain Candy, I guess now would be the time to watch it.

Mister Six

I never saw the Kids in the Hall show, but I thought Brain Candy was a lot of fun.

Blumf

Certainly, if you like the one, you'll like the other. Both top tier 90s comedy, and I love Brain Candy's satire of the Prozac flap.

Deanjam

Kids in the Hall: Brain Candy - re:View is up.

QDRPHNC

I like Josh on the Re:views more than on BOTW.

QDRPHNC

Mobbd

That was the best Halfie in absolutely ages. Felt like their hearts are really back in it.

QDRPHNC

Black Phone looks surprisingly good, but I think I'm past that point in my life where I can watch the brutal beatings of children and not be bummed out by it.

QDRPHNC

JamesTC

Never seen a Rob Zombie film. I'm a huge Munsters fan and think it is one of the best and most underrated sitcoms ever made. The tone seems to hit the nail on the head. Rob Zombie is clearly a fan of the show.

Obviously Jay is right in that the sound is poor and it seems very sloppily put together but that looks like a trailer problem rather than a film problem.

Goldentony

I love the Munsters but it'll be dogshit, and dogshit configured in a way you've never imagined before. Rob Zombie is incapable of doing anything good. Don't watch any of his films, people might tell you to see Devil's Rejects but that isn't that good and is from about 17 years ago. He's a cunt and he got a skatepark near his mansion closed down because of the noise.

Replies From View

There have been several attempts to bring back the Munsters over the years.  Personally I think they only ever looked right in black and white.

Mobbd

Quote from: Goldentony on July 25, 2022, 09:57:37 PMRob Zombie is incapable of doing anything good.

I found Lords of Salem really enjoyable. Witty and resourceful and really nice to look at.

Mobbd

Quote from: JamesTC on July 25, 2022, 06:48:42 PMI'm a huge Munsters fan

I'm looking forward to your take on the movie when it comes out. The stakes aren't so high for me but I want it to be good.

QDRPHNC

I like it when they do these short videos, wish they would do more of them. The only Rob Zombie movie I've seen is The Devil's Rejects, and I remember liking it well enough - William Forsythe was a real stand-out in that. What I will say is that, all things be equal, I wish we had more filmmakers like Rob Zombie around. For all it's low-budget shonky construction, the Munsters trailer at least looks like someone enjoying themselves.

Goldentony

Quote from: Mobbd on July 26, 2022, 10:38:23 AMI found Lords of Salem really enjoyable. Witty and resourceful and really nice to look at.

it felt like him responding to critcisms of only being able to make shite sub Zebedy Colt films by proving he can also wholesale crib from mid/late 80s italians but I remember thinking Sherri Moon actually isnt too bad of a performer in it and that the big ending at last looked good. No idea what the fuck happened to him between that and 31 because 31 wouldn't make it as a SyFy Channel original.

Lord Mandrake

Finally realised who Mike reminds me of.

Spoiler alert
Alexi Sayle
[close]

QDRPHNC

Kelvin

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 28, 2022, 02:14:07 AM

Jesus Christ, the bit in the bullying tape

Spoiler alert
where the woman was telling the boy he was fat and disgusting
[close]

actually made me gasp. Even the RLM guys seemed shocked by that section.

Chairman Yang

Such a sinister tape, she really is just bullying children by proxy.

Looking forward to Mike aging into his just desserts as a 60 year old sausageball wrangler.

JamesTC

Had to pause it as I was laughing so much at Mike laughing at the lady with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder.