Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:52:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

South Park Series Seven

Started by european son, February 08, 2004, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

european son

just seen another couple of episodes (7.11 Casa Bonita and 7.14 Raisins) and are wondering what are people making of this.

i  think that series six was the undoubted peak of south park. silly, clever and very very funny. the start of the last series was a little bit of a let down; still good, but maybe i'd been spoiled by the full-on genius of the previous season and recently watching lots of Family Guy.

But the last few eps of series seven i've seen are for me a full-on return to form, especially Raisins. They've stopped going for the all-out "wackyness" of Cancelled and kicked back in with cool story lines, mild social critique, lots of swearing and some very funny gags.

the funniest line i've heard in a comedy for ages:

QuoteStan: Jimmy, will you go talk to Wendy for me?

Jimmy: For- Forw- Forw-w-w what?

Stan: Just go talk to her an, and be poetic. Tell her she's my muse-no! Tell her, [thinks] tell her... [gestures] she's a con-tinuing source of inspiration to me.

Jimmy: She's what?

Stan: She's a continuing source of inspiration to me.

Jimmy: ...Okay. [walks over to Wendy] Hey uh-Wen, hey wu-Wendy. [she turns around with her books]  

Wendy: Yeah?  

Jimmy: Stan says your a cont... you're a- cont- S-Stan says you're a cont- cont-  

Wendy: Well tell Stan to stop!! [closes her locker and runs away]  

Jimmy: -cont- You're a cont-tinuing source of inspiration to him. [his mission done, he returns to Stan]

http://www.spscriptorium.com/Season7/E714script.htm

Capuchin

I've seen the whole lot and I'm a little disappointed.
Just a smidge mind.

I do feel that the show only got better and better straight up to series 6, which is some sort of dizzying peak, but I've found a few of the newest episodes a little bit of a let down.
The first half of series 7 was decent, on the whole, loads of great moments and jokes and stayed faithful to the phenomenon of making me laugh out loud.
But some episodes, like All About  Mormons, were lacking in humour and seemed to concentrate on the theme too much to let any comedy through.
Still, the series as a whole is still decent, and I'd still happily rank South Park as one of my favourite comedy showsof the last decade or so.

It's just a shame we can't get series 5-7 on DVD and have to make do with sodding TV rips.

garlicberet

Like all of the seasons of South Park it has its ups and downs... but saying that like with every season, it deals with a whole lump of things, so I guess that is actually the intention... to make every episode totally different to the last... I suppose thats one reason why it is still completely watchable and probably the best animated show on tv at the moment...

anyway, Season 7, nothing beats "Krazy Kripples" or "Christian Rock Hard"...  the highlights of the series for me

Jonny Jonny Butter Fiend

Anybody know when they're going to be showing the next lot of series 7 on SKY? I missed the episode "Cancelled" when it was on because, I didn't realise it was on until I checked a SP website. They don't exactly herald new south park these days.

And I'm still furious because I've been in touch with Warner Vision god knows how many times about a release for South Park Series 5. They always say, there's no plans for a release as of yet, nothing on the schedule etc etc except for the fact that the fucking thing was supposed to be out in Jun 2002. I suppose the Americans will release it in one of the Complete Series DVD sets before we see it.

Series 7 does seem to be a lot different than what goes before, I couldn't put my finger on it, even series 6 doesn't have the same feel. They're still funny and make me laugh, but Series 4 or 5 for me was the peak, although I can go back and watch any episode from any series these days. I'd forgotten how good series 3 was, I remember stopping watching it at that point.

Capuchin

Try mrtwig.net if you have bittorrent to get any episodes you missed.
As someone kindly informed me back on the old forum :thumbs aloft:

Krang

I quite liked season 7.

www.mr-nasty.com (will need to register)

You can download them all there (season 6 too), you'll need Real Player to play them.