Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:58:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard to find comedy and let's find it why don't we?

Started by JoeyBananaduck, November 08, 2017, 04:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_u_d_a_s

Quote from: j_u_d_a_s on January 13, 2022, 02:21:28 AMBiiiiiiiig long shot here. Does anyone have (or even remember) a 1998 sitcom on Carlton called Get Real? Seinfeld-esque premise of 3 friends living in Ladbroke Grove, notable for starring Lindsay Duncan. So far I've only managed to find one episode on an academic archive site that annoyingly can't be ripped from.

Amazingly I've managed to grab the whole series and convert it to a playable format and.. it holds up better than I expected. My main memory of watching it first time round was that I was impressed at seeing a studio sitcom broadcast late on a Monday night, which means that it was probably sent out to die. The Seinfeld influence is obvious, to the point where one of the main cast looks like a mix of Kramer and George but it doesn't do a bad job. On its own merits, it's a decent, grounded audience sitcom that's aimed at the late 20s/early 30s crowd, has a slow start but there's a couple of brilliant episodes in its run. The biggest flaw though is Lindsay Duncan's casting, her approach to acting doesn't suit this format at all.

Shame it only had the one series, its a better stab at doing the US sitcom thing than every other attempt at the time. But I can see why it wasn't a hit, not hip enough for the young 'uns and not broad enough for a family audience ala Father Ted. But it is odd that a sitcom by one of the biggest comedians of the time a) doesn't star him and b) has been forgotten.

Anyway what are the rules about sharing links? Happy to do so via private message.

jsgibble

Is this a thing?

Quote from: Squidy on August 01, 2005, 10:08:03 PMThat David Walliams fansite has a list of all other Rock Profile appearances, so we can easily check off what's not on the disc that should have been.

QuoteNew Year Special (PlayUK 2001). Gary "Beefcake" Barlow and Howard "Donald" Duck introduce Rock Profile's New Year Special and reveal the Hits, Misses and Maybes of 2000. Including an exclusive remix of the Casualty theme tune. Who let that duck in here?

Cor, what's this? Not on the disc, incredibly.

Quote from: Darrell on August 01, 2005, 10:21:34 PMIt's The Big Omission. Rarely even shown on Play itself, it's a full hour long special with Gary Barlow and Howard Donald reviewing the year's hit singles (with lots and lots of short extracts from them, including new Rock Facts), and containing some of the strongest material they ever did.

I've got a copy, as has Benthalo. If you want it dial M for murder.

Famous Mortimer

paddy72

Apologies if this has already been requested, but does anyone know if Help (Paul Whitehouse/Chris Langham) is stashed away somewhere?

olliebean

Quote from: paddy72 on March 14, 2022, 10:24:53 PMApologies if this has already been requested, but does anyone know if Help (Paul Whitehouse/Chris Langham) is stashed away somewhere?

It's stashed away on my hard drive. I could probably be persuaded to upload it somewhere, if you can't find it in the wild.

Small Man Big Horse

It's on youtube in full on this guy's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc0GXrFDVsFsRlsvFuIhGHQ/videos (he uploaded them about a year ago, so you need to scroll down a bit) and the first is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkdnD-Ts04

And I tend to use https://y2mate.is/en75/ if I want to have a permanent copy of anything from there.

olliebean

If anyone wants the 576p versions, let me know. (Not going to post the link publicly, because there's a bandwidth limit.)

paddy72

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 15, 2022, 01:03:41 PMIt's on youtube in full on this guy's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc0GXrFDVsFsRlsvFuIhGHQ/videos (he uploaded them about a year ago, so you need to scroll down a bit) and the first is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAkdnD-Ts04

And I tend to use https://y2mate.is/en75/ if I want to have a permanent copy of anything from there.

So it is, thank you!

paddy72

Anyone have links to Monkey Dust?

Only the first series is available on DVD, as the next ones apparently had issues with music licensing.

I especially want to track down the part where Clive uses the story of Hotel California as his excuse. Existing Clive stuff on YouTube also emits the Goldfrapp tune as he's walking home, which really set the grim, depressing tone.

boinks

The Hotel California lie one is here on dailymotion, at about 11 mins in (with original Goldfrapp). Have to put up with the adverts though.

paddy72

Quote from: boinks on May 02, 2022, 07:36:11 PMThe Hotel California lie one is here on dailymotion, at about 11 mins in (with original Goldfrapp). Have to put up with the adverts though.

Thanks!

zomgmouse

Quote from: paddy72 on May 02, 2022, 07:07:55 PMAnyone have links to Monkey Dust?

Only the first series is available on DVD, as the next ones apparently had issues with music licensing.

I especially want to track down the part where Clive uses the story of Hotel California as his excuse. Existing Clive stuff on YouTube also emits the Goldfrapp tune as he's walking home, which really set the grim, depressing tone.

i have it all and if you want it let me know

Gurke and Hare

I don't suppose anyone's got the TV version of In and Out of the Kitchen have they? I only just found out it exists, and it seems to be little remembered.

Does anyone have Simon Day's Fast Show spin-off sitcom 'Grass' from 2003 tucked away on a Google Drive somewhere? 

Really want to watch it again, but it's not on any streaming services, not on YouTube, there only seems to be one random episode on Dailymotion as far as I can see, and the DVD's going for 24 bloody quid second hand on eBay.

Malcy

Quote from: Beep Cleep Chimney on June 04, 2022, 11:12:56 PMDoes anyone have Simon Day's Fast Show spin-off sitcom 'Grass' from 2003 tucked away on a Google Drive somewhere? 

Really want to watch it again, but it's not on any streaming services, not on YouTube, there only seems to be one random episode on Dailymotion as far as I can see, and the DVD's going for 24 bloody quid second hand on eBay.

£24 is cheap, have seen it way more than that. Annoying as I saw a copy for a fiver once and never picked it up!

I'll try get it uploaded in the next few days unless anyone else has a link handy.

Quote from: Malcy on June 04, 2022, 11:20:30 PM£24 is cheap, have seen it way more than that. Annoying as I saw a copy for a fiver once and never picked it up!

I'll try get it uploaded in the next few days unless anyone else has a link handy.
Cheers Malcy.  Yeah, I'm a bit annoyed myself as I used to have it on DVD ages ago but had a bit of a DVD purge a few years ago and that was one of the ones I foolishiy got rid of. 

Junglist

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on June 04, 2022, 10:15:42 PMI don't suppose anyone's got the TV version of In and Out of the Kitchen have they? I only just found out it exists, and it seems to be little remembered.

Only the pilot. Rest aren't uploaded it seemed.

I can also get Grass but it's 12gbs of a full disc image so will be a nightmare to upload, sorry.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Are the full, unedited Fosters Mid Morning Matters available anywhere? I can't find it online and I bought the DVD but even they were the edited versions! 

Junglist

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on June 10, 2022, 09:42:40 PMAre the full, unedited Fosters Mid Morning Matters available anywhere? I can't find it online and I bought the DVD but even they were the edited versions! 

How long ate the unedited ones? On my site there's DVD copies at just over 23 minutes and webs at just over 26 minutes per episode.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Junglist on June 10, 2022, 11:09:12 PMHow long ate the unedited ones? On my site there's DVD copies at just over 23 minutes and webs at just over 26 minutes per episode.

Not too sure. I just remember watching the DVD and noticing a few jokes were missing. I know they edited them down when they were first shown on Sky though

Junglist

Ah seems these are the sky versions as both series are 6 episodes, whereas Web series was 15 minute 12 episodes.

Magnum Valentino

1. Does anyone have nice clean HD rips of A Touch of Cloth?

2. Are there nice copies of Screen-News Wipe out there? Most of that stuff would have been broadcast in HD wouldn't it?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on June 25, 2022, 11:06:03 PM1. Does anyone have nice clean HD rips of A Touch of Cloth?

2. Are there nice copies of Screen-News Wipe out there? Most of that stuff would have been broadcast in HD wouldn't it?

I'll send you a PM.

George White

Anyone got Serafinowicz/Macleod's the 2 Dannies

jsgibble

Does anyone have s02e05 (Errol's Women) of the radio version of 15 Storeys High?

The only copy I can see online has a cut near the start. It's a couple of minutes shorter than the files of the other episodes.

zomgmouse

Quote from: jsgibble on July 30, 2022, 07:29:36 AMDoes anyone have s02e05 (Errol's Women) of the radio version of 15 Storeys High?

The only copy I can see online has a cut near the start. It's a couple of minutes shorter than the files of the other episodes.

Just had a look and I think my copy does the same thing, right after "urban decay".

BeardFaceMan

I think I have the full version of that, there's no cut after the 'urban decay' bit, anyway, and it clocks in at 28:04. I'll get it uploaded tomorrow.

Mobius

I'd love another listen of 15 Storeys radio version too, cheers!

Also I think I may have asked this before but does anyone know where one can listen to the radio show Down The Line ? I'm outside of England so iPlayer/official BBC stuff won't work.