Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:34:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Last tune you played 5 times in a row

Started by Rocket Surgery, December 30, 2017, 07:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Lazarus Heart by Sting, and I know this is going to get me judged because Sting is a penis (and I don't like anything he's done after Ten Summoner's Tales, except Desert Rose and that bugfuck mental duet with Shaggy), but dammit I love The Dream of the Blue Turtles and Nothing Like the Sun. My mum played them to death when I was a child in Brighton and early Sting always reminds me of living there.

Kankurette

Ripe & Ruin by triangle fetishists Alt-J, mainly because the way they sing 'blue' makes me laugh.

SteveDave

Because I listened to this over and over again on the weekend, I've woken up with it in my head for the last 3 days.

Sebastian Cobb

I love Susan Cadogan and I love Millie Jackson, but I reckon this might be a rare example of someone covering a soul track and making it sexier. I dunno what processing is in the vocal (echoplex?) but it's great!

Poobum

New single, stunning. Got album on pre-order. Excited!

Norton Canes

Just came here to post that. Love the ending.

itsfredtitmus

audio bullys - we don't care

its just in my brain 24/7 (FROM DAY TO DAY, we don't care)

a young lad years beyond his age struts around gnoshing down a corner shop sausage roll (what you say)

look at him go. look how mature he is, look at his strides. this kid is going places

itsfredtitmus

Quote from: SteveDave on March 17, 2022, 08:33:31 AM

Because I listened to this over and over again on the weekend, I've woken up with it in my head for the last 3 days.
mighty fringe on him

dex

Some interesting stuff on a track that could be dismissed as landfill dance. Yes they robbed that "aaaaah, aaaah" from Black Box's Ride On Time.  But a metal version of it might work?

QDRPHNC

itsfredtitmus

she really likes a band called tears for fears, she's got nothing between her ears! oh yeahh

Ray Travez

That Girl Suicide- Brian Jonestown Massacre

sevendaughters

Quote from: QDRPHNC on March 29, 2022, 01:25:59 PM

there's a Pitchfork series called 'The Song I Wish I'd Written' and Devendra Banhart talks about this song quite movingly.

I had nothing to contribute to this thread forever as I am a one-and-move-on man and then I heard this:

QDRPHNC

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 03, 2022, 09:51:50 PMthere's a Pitchfork series called 'The Song I Wish I'd Written' and Devendra Banhart talks about this song quite movingly.

Oh cool, I'm a big fan of his, maybe that's why YouTube sent this my way.

Johnboy

The Who - Pure and Easy

how could they leave this off Who's Next?

itsfredtitmus

oh god i love that stars in battledress song so much! ive tried to get a few friends that are into similar styled music to listen to em but they dont budge!

itsfredtitmus

to nick a phrase from tim smith theyve got those chord changes that make your tumble rumble - "if hollywood says so it cant be true!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSdn1-eGiFs

buttgammon

The new Floating Points is a banger! His Pharaoh Sanders collaboration is probably my favourite album from last year but I'm also chuffed to hear him go back to dancier terrain.

Neomod

Quote from: SteveDave on March 17, 2022, 08:33:31 AM

Very Baby's Coming Back.

Neomod

Perfect for driving along the Pacific Coast Highway with a psychotic Jessica Walters.

kalowski

Little Guitars by Van Halen. It's a perfect VH tune. Eddie on top form, great melody, song starts with Alex VH tub thumping and it has those Michael Anthony harmonies. I love it, including this typically wonky and out of tune live version.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Neomod on April 10, 2022, 06:12:16 PM

Perfect for driving along the Pacific Coast Highway with a psychotic Jessica Walters.

Perfection that. Ta.

Neville Chamberlain

Just discovered Stewart Copeland's old side project Klark Kent:

Neville Chamberlain

Some kind of lost classic, surely?!? I've always loved this track, right from when I first heard it back in the mid 80s :-)

Neville Chamberlain

And another one - a song all about where I live! (I've listened to this three times today, in case anyone's wondering.)