Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:03:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Office Hours *Live* with Tim Heidecker (and Vic Berger and DJ Douggpound)

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, March 24, 2019, 10:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajsmith2

Heard that Tim mentioned something on a recent OH episode about an upcoming UK live streaming of Mr America: can anyone confirm that and if so do they have any more info on where and when?

Quote from: ajsmith2 on January 10, 2021, 09:51:50 PM
Heard that Tim mentioned something on a recent OH episode about an upcoming UK live streaming of Mr America: can anyone confirm that and if so do they have any more info on where and when?

See 13:50 of the most recent show. January 31, ~8 pm GMT

ajsmith2

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on January 10, 2021, 10:02:25 PM
See 13:50 of the most recent show. January 31, ~8 pm GMT

Thanks! Will check the episode tomorrow: do you know if he mentioned where it was streaming from?

Some truly incredible lip licking at the end of this week's episode.

Ornlu

While Father Tim is on his jollies, his good friend Neil Hamburger hosted tonight's show. He doesn't like those drops!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1q3-S1Jzw

chveik

wooders1978

Hamburger is right, it was bad enough when it was just Doug, add unfunny dickhead Vic burger in and the show has been ruined for me, will watch this hamburger one though!

wooders1978

I don't find him funny and I think he's also a bit of a dickhead, to be clear and he also drowns out the much funnier and superior dropper that is Doug with his inaneness - however the show seems to have turned into being about the drops with a little bit of content thrown in - I used to prefer it way more with the intimacy of just tim and Doug

Tokyo van Ramming

I don't think Vic was brought in for his ability to amuse on a podcast. I'd like to know what you see in his behaviour to call him a dickhead though. He comes across as a sweet guy, and quite nervous but can you blame him?

There was a good sweet spot for me between Vic joining and Matt fully taking over production. The now established format has weakened the show for me, I really loved the chaos.

wooders1978

I'm possibly being harsh cos I prefer the old format but he came across as very smug on Twitter tbh which out me off him a lot

Tokyo van Ramming

I don't see it myself, but never mind.

He should definitely be criticised for his dreadful harmony singing though, and those pork pie fucking hats.

I didn't enjoy the first Hamburger episode as much as I expected to, but that's probably my fault for getting so hyped up about it. There were some interesting factums and recollections from Neil and the Melvins but the whole thing was quite subdued, which should be expected I suppose.

ads82

I enjoyed the previous Neil Hamburger episode, but the latest one was a tough watch with Megan Koester as the guest. Trying far too hard to be edgy just put a dampener on the show for me. Anyway, looks like Jon Glaser should be doing next week's show which will be one to look forward to.

chveik

yeah i agree. i found her going on about 'fucking kids' quite tasteless in that context, and Neil trying to lighten the mood with his Clapton didn't work at all

McChesney Duntz

Not trying to shill for their Patreon, I swear, but I'll just say that this week's "After Hours" segment was way more fun and entertaining than the regular show. (And I thought the regular show was pretty good.)

ads82

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on June 11, 2021, 05:36:10 PM
Not trying to shill for their Patreon, I swear, but I'll just say that this week's "After Hours" segment was way more fun and entertaining than the regular show. (And I thought the regular show was pretty good.)

Shockingly, these recent shows are the first I've seen of Neil Hamburger and I loved him! So I'll have to sign up to the Patreon to see some more of him.

McChesney Duntz

If you like that, you should seek out his "Poolside Chat" show from a decade-plus ago (I'd provide links but YouTube is blocked at work for me) - leaning even harder (and more hilariously) into his persona, except, most amusingly, for the first episode, with last week's OHL guest King Buzzo, where it was mostly "off the air" for reasons too tedious to recount, so he reverted to Turkington for most of it; a rather bizarre sight indeed. (And, of course, you should check out all you can of his standup and his music videos - it's a treasure trove.)

Bronzy

Bumping this thread for the mammoth Office Hours Special that came out a few weeks back, which takes the piss out of Joe Rogan and his pseudo-intellectual shtick:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P6Iyg9fznvM

(Be warned, it's 12 hours long.)

McChesney Duntz

Bronzy

Quote from: McChesney Duntz on December 19, 2021, 07:08:21 PMBut no worries, it's really just one hour looped twelve times.

Shhh, don't let on and see how far people get through it before they realise...

Retinend

Quote from: Bronzy on December 19, 2021, 07:01:23 PMBumping this thread for the mammoth Office Hours Special that came out a few weeks back, which takes the piss out of Joe Rogan and his pseudo-intellectual shtick:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=P6Iyg9fznvM

(Be warned, it's 12 hours long.)

It's so funny. I wish it were actually 12 hours long.

I especially liked this bit about "the new research in sleep science"
https://youtu.be/P6Iyg9fznvM?t=2676

Tim: "...besides that, I don't fucking know"

chip

Another bump as the team have unlocked this week's entire 2-hour episode, featuring as guest living legend Bob Odenkirk (and Vic so far seems to be absent, so it's near-perfect to me). A lot of quite deep chat about the two mens' working relationship and impact on the US comedy landscape - all very interesting. Brief shoutout to the Framley Examiner early on too, which Bob brought in as a gift for Tim.

kitsofan34

He's got the Sleaford Mods coming on for the next episode, which feels like an intriguingly odd combination.