Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:39:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers thread Part 2

Started by chveik, January 04, 2020, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

That's horrible. Turn everyone involved into a pair of shoes.

Inspector Norse

Going through some old photos and was reminded of this corker I found at a jumble sale last year:

jobotic

Sounds like they're addressing a reluctant Charles, who is unwilling to boogie

Neomod

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 10, 2022, 10:00:56 PM

Is this supposed to look like a court artist's illustration of the accused?

Brundle-Fly

sutin

Quote from: jobotic on April 09, 2022, 02:14:30 PMThey all look far too young to be at a Liam Gallagher gig.

He has a young fan base.

Head Gardener

Glebe

PlanktonSideburns

kalowski

I like that

(But not the Brian Jonestown Massacre one)

PlanktonSideburns

MrVentham

Pretty much any Johnny Cash album, or Kris Kristofferson, or Waylon Jennings. Lots of Bob Dylan albums. All those old white country/folk-singin' dudes have terrible album covers.

Famous Mortimer

Everything about this - title and image - feels like old man Stapleton just put "wacky surrealism" into that AI image generator.

purlieu

Yeah, it's not one of his best. Pretty good album though. Some of his other recent covers are good, I'm especially fond of the CD version of Changez Les Blockeurs And.

greencalx

Quote from: MrVentham on June 28, 2022, 12:33:44 AM

Pretty much any Johnny Cash album, or Kris Kristofferson, or Waylon Jennings. Lots of Bob Dylan albums. All those old white country/folk-singin' dudes have terrible album covers.

Caused a bit of a storm the first time it was posted.

Quote from: Ferris on February 11, 2019, 07:44:05 PMWe should set a baseline we can all agree is terrible. Here's my shout.

If we all agree, we can start using a scale. "Woo what a stinker - easily five MegaHarrisons!" you'll say. Alternatively, we could describe albums as a Cloud 1-9, with "a Cloud-9" being the worst, and "a Cloud-1" being basically fine.

Ferris

@greencalx don't bring that up again!

An absolutely dogshit album cover that was defended on the basis it clearly stated the artist and album name.

I stand by my opinion that it's total shit though.

willbo

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on August 28, 2021, 01:11:49 AMIt kinda reminds me of the original back cover of Reign In Blood, which made me laugh out loud when I picked up a vinyl copy (my old CD had a generic, unfunny back cover which suited the mood better).

I have Reign in Blood on CD with that back ... Lombado looks like he was a pretty chilled out guy back then. Totally forgot the tiny Stella cans

jenna appleseed

Glebe

He just looks disappointed.

Also, Charles Hawtrey: The Beatnik Years.

willbo

purlieu

PlanktonSideburns

Love the first one- really hope the lead of the band's name is antony

mrpupkin

Sorry if any of these have already been posted:

Leonard, mate.

Stonefish

Quote from: Neomod on May 04, 2022, 03:27:08 PM

Horrible. Doesn't even work as a pastiche of library photography.

Blur had already achieved that on The Great Escape.

I like both of these :(

The Blur one has a bit of a Kraftwerk vibe to it.

Edit: on second thoughts, The Divine Comedy one is a bit shit.

Glebe

purlieu

holyzombiejesus

Rave stuff (which I presume those are) generally had such shit sleeves.

purlieu

The former is a compilation of dance and indie stuff released by Virgin in the late '90s. Astonishingly bad for a major label release. The second one is a DIY ambient release, which is an area of music responsible for some of the worst album art of all time.
NSFW dark ambient cover here.