Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,469
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 02:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

020210us Th1ngs

Started by touchingcloth, January 06, 2021, 06:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This thread title...

...is a gobsmack conveyed
...decrees that your dad will ejaculate but once through his human male penis, and be gone
...cinderella's tits.  just her absolute fucking tits
I BET YOU DO DO-DO YOU DOODLE OLD DOOBEN I BET YOU DOOBY DO
...is renowned for rotisserying a robot grief dog within its own grave
wap wap Wap Wap WApWApWAPWWAPWAPWAPWAP
BATON DAVID
OTHER

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2022, 06:18:34 PMnot a kim carnes fan i take it?

Thought it was betty david size

kalowski

Gary Gilmore isn't it?

seepage

Quote from: Paul Calf on June 23, 2022, 10:11:19 AMAnother odious thing: on cars manufactured after August 1973 your horn sound most be a continuous, steady sound which is why you don't hear melodic car horns like Col. Bogey any more.

Or the Plymouth/Chrysler Road Runner horn that made the same 'mbeep-beep' sound as in the cartoon.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on June 30, 2022, 05:58:01 PMBette Davis' first name is pronounced like "Betty", not "bet".

Made more confusing because Bette Midler is pronounced "Bet".
Then there's Betty Davis (RIP):

Replies From View

Were these people born that way, or did they start out named Elizabeth/Elisabeth?

Replies From View

Quote from: kalowski on June 30, 2022, 10:03:26 PMGary Gilmore isn't it?

A Momentary Lapse of Gary

The Division Gary

touchingcloth

Quote from: Replies From View on July 01, 2022, 08:09:14 AMWere these people born that way, or did they start out named Elizabeth/Elisabeth?

Lillibet.

Replies From View

Dex Sawash

Back to american car rear lamps, if this is the thread for that. I learnt yesterday that if a rear lamp is on a deck lid/hatch/gate/movable panel, it can only have tail lamp functions (or reversing lamps) Turn indicator or brake lamp functions that are not steady illuminated are right out by federal motor vehicle code. Explains why some forn cars have lamps on the trunk that don't even bother to light up.

I reckon we drive with our lids open so we can fit a whole day's worth of snacks in and the flashing lights pointing up would confuse airplane pilots.

Assume this is to keep those lamps from _only_  being on the trunk but nobody could figure out how to properly phrase that as a rule.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Replies From View on July 01, 2022, 08:09:14 AMWere these people born that way, or did they start out named Elizabeth/Elisabeth?
According to Wikipedia, Bette "Bet" Midler was named after Bette "Betty" Davis. Which makes no sense, but pronouncing Bette as Betty is equally stupid. Bette Davis was born Ruth Elizabeth Davis, and had the childhood nickname Betty but changed the spelling inspired by French novel La Cousine Bette, which in French is pronounced "bet" not "Betty", but maybe she didn't know that. So it's all Betty Davis's fault.

stonkers

Bette Davis and Bettie Page are different people.

Replies From View

Replies From View

Miles Davis and Cliff Michelmore weren't even the same.

Stigdu

There's a little white arrow next to the fuel gauge symbol on a car's speedometer. It tells you which side of the car the petrol tank is on.

Replies From View

When they're singing "because because because because, because of the wonderful things he does" they're not singing about Bill Cosby, who was in the process of being conceived and born while the film was undergoing pre-production, or Bing Crosby either.

Endicott

Julie Bindel and Julie Burchill are not the same person.

Cold Meat Platter

Quote from: Endicott on July 05, 2022, 06:16:08 PMJulie Bindel and Julie Burchill are not the same person.

but they both go in the same bin

touchingcloth

Quote from: Ricky BrentGood luck to Ricky, who's off pursuing his career starting Monday. Have we got him a gift or something? You haven't been here long. Should have seen what we got Pete Gibbons. Oooh! He'll tell you. We all remember that. So Just come from a meeting at Head Office, where I was officially offered the job as UK Manager. As you know, taking that job means a lot of you will lose your jobs, and I'd just like to say I told them to shove their job up their arses!

Replies From View

They put flour on the outside of bread to conceal mould growth.

Replies From View

touchingcloth

The wanky Boston Tea Party café chain with a couple of branches in Brisl was actually founded and headquartered there, so it's a wanky chain which the city exported (mainly to other southern hotspots for wankers, e.g. Bath, Cheltenham, Chichester) rather than imported.

The Tea Party party they have in that America retains the "Boston" word in its full name.

Replies From View

The audio/video cassette manufacturer TDK stands for Tsk! Dark Knight

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Replies From View on July 10, 2022, 08:12:42 PMThe audio/video cassette manufacturer TDK stands for Tsk! Dark Knight

They kept that quiet, I actually bought a pack of new-old-stock FE-90's the other day.

Replies From View

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 10, 2022, 09:59:51 PMThey kept that quiet, I actually bought a pack of new-old-stock FE-90's the other day.

To be fair they weren't obliged to tell you on that day or any other.

touchingcloth

The Dalai Lama is a reincarnation of Buddha, but Buddhists don't worship (either of*) him.

*any of?

FredNurke

Not Buddha, who has achieved nirvana and so no longer exists and is free from the cycle of rebirth - he's a reincarnation of Avalokiteshvara, a bodhisattva (a person who could achieve personal Buddhahood but is deliberately holding back so as to bring everyone to enlightenment over the course of a staggeringly long series of incarnations).

Interestingly, the third Dalai Lama was the first one to be known by that title (given to him by a Mongolian khan in the late 16th century); the first two were so designated retroactively.

NoSleep

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 12, 2022, 01:36:55 PMThe Dalai Lama is a reincarnation of Buddha, but Buddhists don't worship (either of*) him.

*any of?

A reincarnation of the (Gautama) Buddha or the reincarnation of a Buddha (i.e. somebody else who had achieved Buddhahood)?

touchingcloth

Quote from: NoSleep on July 12, 2022, 02:37:59 PMA reincarnation of the (Gautama) Buddha or the reincarnation of a Buddha (i.e. somebody else who had achieved Buddhahood)?

The. Caveat, according to Quora. I don't think he's actually the reincarnation of anyone.

NoSleep

touchingcloth

Really according to Quora, or really I don't think he's reincarnated? Yes to both questions, anyway.