Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,184
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Thanks for that @Dex Sawash, but I just figured out a workaround to get the article with pics- ta-dah!

https://archive.ph/sfYyG

Dex Sawash

dunno a workaround, wife takes Sunday NY Times so have digital access to all of it.

Dex Sawash

There is some sort of universal paywall remover tool/website linker.
Think @Sebastian Cobb has shown us

Sebastian Cobb

archive.ph does the job, there's 12ft.io as well but archive.ph seems capable of removing server-side paywalls like they have at the times (presumably they have a paid subscription or something).

Blue Jam

Tried 12ft.io first but it seems the NY Times have 'em blocked.

Back on topic- thanks everyone, the interview was a really good read, Racy is so bright and articulate I expected nothing less but it's interesting to read about her background. Interesting how casting peeps tried to get her to act more girly and reserved and then she got the freedom to play a more masculine woman in BCS and she ended up being one of best female characters ever. I always love reading about Bob'n'Rhea The Adorable Superfriends too, someone really needs to make a load of screwball comedies with them both.

Not long now...

NoSleep

Quote from: Dex Sawash on July 09, 2022, 01:19:20 PMNY Times article

The end of that has text missing:

"She doesn't give her herself enough credit, but she shows what she can do, and hopefully she knows that."

Full article available here:

https://dnyuz.com/2022/07/08/rhea-seehorn-is-getting-away-with-it/

Blue Jam

BCS has picked up a few nominations for the Hollywood Critics Association awards:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/2022-hollywood-critics-association-broadcast-cable-tv-nominations-1235176458/

Could make a joke here... nope, too obvious. With BCS up against Yellowstone we'll be hearing that one all the way through awards season.

Emmy snubs noms out on Tuesday.

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 10, 2022, 05:23:59 PMCould make a joke here... nope, too obvious.

Spoiler alert
They've listed Bob twice!
[close]

Blue Jam

Quote from: JamesTC on July 10, 2022, 05:41:16 PM
Spoiler alert
They've listed Bob twice!
[close]

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

To be fair that one never gets old :)

Blue Jam

Petey Pate

Had never seen this comic before, created as promotion for season one and showing the events of the Breaking Bad episode 'Better Call Saul' from Jimmy and Mike's perspective. I assume its considered canonical as it was written by one of the shows staff writers.

http://web.archive.org/web/20210419225447/https://www.amc.com/shows/better-call-saul/exclusives/client-development-comic

Blue Jam

Another link for the Client Development comic:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/JdxVJsD

and here's a new Saul Goodman promo:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BetterCallSaul/status/1546191773143166976

Might buy this to go with my Van Hammersly boxset.

Blue Jam

Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould interview for BBC Culture- this is a nice long read:

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20220708-how-better-call-saul-bettered-breaking-bad

QuoteGilligan stepped back from the writers' room of Better Call Saul after season three, leaving Gould as sole showrunner. He returned for the final season however to write the penultimate script and to direct three episodes, including the season six, part two premiere Point and Shoot. It was during the filming of this episode's opening scene in July 2021 that Bob Odenkirk suffered a heart attack.

"It was just terrible," says Gilligan, who struggles to recall the incident without becoming emotional. "I've learned since that most people survive a heart attack. He had full-on cardiac arrest, which most people do not survive. It was awful. He died right in front of us."

He credits the quick actions of various people, including the on-set emergency medical technician, for saving Odenkirk's life. "They saved his life right in front of me," he says. "I'm standing there like an idiot. I don't know what to do. Just completely useless... We were sure he wasn't going to make it." After being rushed to hospital, Odenkirk made a full recovery (possibly, suggests Gilligan, because he was in such good shape from filming action movie Nobody). "We didn't even know at that point if we were ever going to finish the show or not," he says, "but knowing he was going to survive helped an awful lot. Those were some very dark days."

Odenkirk returned to set a few weeks later, to complete the scene that he had left unfinished. "It's a very dramatic scene near the beginning of the episode," says Gilligan. "Two thirds of it was shot before he had a cardiac arrest, a third of it after. I defy you to notice the difference."

Blue Jam

For viewers in the US:

Oooooh, glorious Technicolour... what could that mean? ;)

jobotic

Blue Jam

Tuesday the 12th of July for Netflix in the UK. Not sure of the exact time it drops. I'm back at werk tomorrow so will be avoiding spoilers. Might just pop in here to see if @H-O-W-L has posted
Spoiler alert
FUUUCCKKK
[close]
for an idea of how eventful 608 is.

I've managed to avoid spoilers somehow, think the mods of the Facebook and Reddit groups did a good job deleting them all!

Pseudopath

Quote from: Blue Jam on July 11, 2022, 05:12:02 PMNot sure of the exact time it drops.

Netflix usually uploads new shows at 8:01am. Anyone planning to stay up until 2am and watch it on hooky streams?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

God bless hooky streams
Viva hooky streams

No. I'll watch it tomorrow.

up_the_hampipe

I know it's unlikely, but I was just thinking how much I'd love to see a scene between the Salamanca cousins before the show ends. Lalo picking up Tuco from prison, for instance?

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 11, 2022, 07:01:48 PMI know it's unlikely, but I was just thinking how much I'd love to see a scene between the Salamanca cousins before the show ends. Lalo picking up Tuco from prison, for instance?

Or a sad bit where Tuco waits outside the prison thinking Lalo is coming to pick him up then is poignantly informed that he's died like the beginning of Blues Brothers 2000.

Blue Jam

non capisco

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to set my alarm for daft o'clock tomorrow to get up and see if I can torrent this so I can watch it before I have to leave for work. First time doing that since episode 1 of Twin Peaks: The Return. Dreamed the other night that the whole episode was Saul with a toothache running round trying to find an emergency dentist with no mention of the cliffhanger, that's how on my mind this is.

Blue Jam

Quote from: non capisco on July 11, 2022, 10:35:12 PMYeah, I think I'm gonna have to set my alarm for daft o'clock tomorrow to get up and see if I can torrent this so I can watch it before I have to leave for work. First time doing that since episode 1 of Twin Peaks: The Return. Dreamed the other night that the whole episode was Saul with a toothache running round trying to find an emergency dentist with no mention of the cliffhanger, that's how on my mind this is.

I dreamt an episode where Howard was still alive and the events of 607 had never happened. Yes, I eat sleep and breathe this show right now ;)

Think I might have to get up and watch it before werk too. I've miraculously managed to avoid all spoilers for this episode and I'm not sure I can manage another day without clicking on something and regretting it, not after it's aired in the US.

Bit of advice I've read: AVOID IMDB. Apparently a few absolute bellshafts who were at the Tribeca screening were in a hurry to post their spoilery reviews up and score a few internet points before everyone else sees it.

Gonna have an early night anyway thanks to Long Covid, see you on the other side.

non capisco

Best of luck Blue Jam. I've got one of those Costa caramel double espresso shot cans in the fridge and the laptop opened on a torrent proxy with Better Call Saul already typed into the search field. I'm giving myself a fighting chance here, despite still being awake and posting at five to midnight like some kind of lifelong insomniac.

Blue Jam

Rev+

No actual spoilers, just an impression of the thing:

Spoiler alert
That was tense, but amazingly stupid. It's like it had a guest writer from another universe.
 Certain key characters suddenly stop acting like themselves, in service of getting chunks of plot in place.   They've not left themselves enough room to wrap this up.

[close]

I'd had one spoiler blurted at me after that screening a few weeks back, but discounted it as it seemed like a very unlikely move.  I'll leave you to guess what that was, and whether it happens.

Dex Sawash

The Guppy

Quote from: Rev+ on July 12, 2022, 03:23:09 AMI'd had one spoiler blurted at me after that screening a few weeks back, but discounted it as it seemed like a very unlikely move.  I'll leave you to guess what that was, and whether it happens.
I'm gonna guess you were spoiled that
Spoiler alert
Lyle agreed to open and close Los Pollos while Gus is off work. That's crazy - he'll be knackered!
[close]

NoSleep

DrGreggles