Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,576,483
  • Total Topics: 106,648
  • Online Today: 708
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:20:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Povidone

I reckon they could have maybe a TV crime reconstruction thing playing in LOL NO background of an episode where Paul F. Tompkins is playing a knockoff Lalo. Tom Kenny and Jill Talley could have been the Kettlemans.

Blue Jam

Just watched 606. Pfffft, what's wrong with youse, that was great.

BritishHobo

Someone had told me before I started watching that this was, in fact, the mid-season finale - so I did spend a chunk of it going "this is shot really well, but we're really spending this long on it in the finale?!" Thank god it blatantly wasn't - no way could they end it like that. I think it works really well as a 'penultimate' episode. Does a really good job at emphasising the distances the characters have been and the distances they have yet to go - the current state of Jimmy's office and Francesca's reluctance being two big examples.

up_the_hampipe

Well, at least they showed how Francesca starts to hate Saul. Looking forward to next week's series of montages followed by a cliffhanger.

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 17, 2022, 07:46:34 PMSomeone had told me before I started watching that this was, in fact, the mid-season finale - so I did spend a chunk of it going "this is shot really well, but we're really spending this long on it in the finale?!" Thank god it blatantly wasn't - no way could they end it like that.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Peter Gould said that they didn't know AMC were going to do a mid-season break when they'd written the episodes. Next week might not be that explosive.

BritishHobo

True, although it surely can't be less than this week's. We'll at least be seeing the
Spoiler alert
"D-Day" plot and its immediate aftermath, even if it doesn't lead to anything as dramatic as Hank's "Walter White?" realisation.
[close]

Blue Jam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on May 17, 2022, 07:50:25 PMSorry to be the bearer of bad news, but Peter Gould said that they didn't know AMC were going to do a mid-season break when they'd written the episodes. Next week might not be that explosive.

Actually, Peter Gould has said that while they didn't intend to have a two-part season with part 1 ending with a cliffhanger, episode 7 ends with a cliffhanger anyway- and a particularly cruel one to put before a six-week break, apparently!

https://screenrant.com/better-call-saul-season-6-finale-ending-cliffhanger/

BritishHobo

I'm so happy the break is as short as it is. I was expecting to end up waiting a year or similar.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 17, 2022, 11:53:57 AM

More questions than answers

Spoiler alert
Well there was that guy who pissed in the... In fact what was he pissing into?
[close]

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Blue Jam

What was the drug Dr Caldera administered to Jimmy? Atropine? Had that as eyedrops once, good for an eye test and got the mad dilated pupils (actually worse than Jimmy's) but I wouldn't want to take a big dose by mouth as it can be

Spoiler alert
poisonous :(
[close]

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 17, 2022, 11:23:29 PM
Spoiler alert
Well there was that guy who pissed in the... In fact what was he pissing into?
[close]

Water feature

Blue Jam

607 trailer which naturally gives away sod all:

non capisco

Quote from: Povidone on May 17, 2022, 05:17:28 PMI reckon they could have maybe a TV crime reconstruction thing playing in LOL NO background of an episode where Paul F. Tompkins is playing a knockoff Lalo.

Cheers for finally helping me figure out who Tony Dalton reminds me of.

Povidone

The fuck? Pretty sure that post did not contain the words LOL NO when I posted it....

is there a ghost fucking with my posts?

poo

buttgammon

Quote from: non capisco on May 18, 2022, 01:30:41 AMCheers for finally helping me figure out who Tony Dalton reminds me of.

I recently rewatched W/ Bob and David and seriously thought Lalo was in it for a split second. In my defence, I'm very bad with people's faces.

Petey Pate

Quote from: buttgammon on May 18, 2022, 09:51:00 AMI recently rewatched W/ Bob and David and seriously thought Lalo was in it for a split second. In my defence, I'm very bad with people's faces.

Whereas Nacho is actually in W/ Bob and David as an audience member.

gmoney

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Povidone on May 17, 2022, 05:17:28 PMI reckon they could have maybe a TV crime reconstruction thing playing in LOL NO background of an episode where Paul F. Tompkins is playing a knockoff Lalo. Tom Kenny and Jill Talley could have been the Kettlemans.
Quote from: Povidone on May 18, 2022, 07:05:52 AMThe fuck? Pretty sure that post did not contain the words LOL NO when I posted it....

is there a ghost fucking with my posts?

I think you hit the forum filter from spelling "the" with the E in the middle like

<test tuh to follow>

LOL NO

Edit- I was correct

Magnum Valentino

What's all this 'bet there'll be a montage' shit? Are you confusing having noticed something with critiquing it?

This is like those smartarse kids that point out that football is just a load of men kicking a ball around on a big greeen pitch.

One of the best shows we'll ever get, and an Internet's full of fuckin noticers noticing the way it's assembled, resentfully.

Povidone

Quote from: Dex Sawash on May 18, 2022, 05:56:07 PMI think you hit the forum filter from spelling "the" with the E in the middle like

<test tuh to follow>

LOL NO

Edit- I was correct

Thought it might be something like that, I love that LOL NO ways of LOL NO forum filters are mysterious. LOL NO next time I post I'll make sure to deliberately spell LOL NO words rong.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Just make sure you don't mention the <banned comedy trio>.

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on May 18, 2022, 06:36:09 PMnoticers

Haha.

Enjoying the season so far, more than happy with the slow pace of the last couple of episodes.

I trust them to have a big payoff.

Twit 2

Quote from: jake thunder on May 17, 2022, 11:51:38 AMCan't believe I'm still watching this. Boring as fuck.

Traitor! Your punishment is to watch, on a 12 hour loop, the scene where Gus makes his employee meticulously clean the chip fryers.

Memorex MP3

I thought he was Paul F Tompkins the first few appearances.

One thing I'm struck by this season that seems a negative is how there's seemingly big chunks of plot I've barely retained in my memory. They're professional enough that it isn't a huge issue and generally do just enough to remind me of enough to keep me on track but I'm not totally sure why I seemed to have retained so little comparatively to other shows.

Think this season is fine so far tbh. It probably got as big in terms of plots as it can get with the last season but the whole prequel format constrains it a lot for wrapping things up.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Howard's CND coffee thing at the start was so spectacularly shit and naff. I'm not surprised she just chucked it in her flask.