Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

The wine glasses could be a reference to Kim and Jimmy's little picnic on Omaha Beach, but that was last week's episode. Maybe Howard's private eye got some pics of them?

JamesTC

I was working on the assumption that the PI was in cahoots with Saul and Kim. How else would this picture they are faking get into Howard's hands?

The wine glasses, I assumed referred to Saul and Kim celebrating the plan going ahead, perhaps empty because Saul never bought that bottle.

Blue Jam

Saul was buying tequila, not wine. And didn't they used to drink it from mugs?

JamesTC

Quote from: Blue Jam on May 23, 2022, 06:21:28 PMSaul was buying tequila, not wine. And didn't they used to drink it from mugs?

Ahh right. Well you could in theory drink tequila from a wine glass.

Maybe it is a metaphor. The celebration feels empty for some reason. Maybe because D-Day goes wrong somehow (but still successfully targets Howard).

Twit 2

Gus hiding underneath Cassandra's miscarriage.

Blue Jam

Slippin' Jimmy is apparently now streaming on AMC+, looks like it's just the US for now though. Episode titles:

Quote1. A Fistful of Snowballs

2. The Exor-sister

3. After Bedtime

4. City Flights

5. Speed Date

6. Cool Hand Jimmy

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Dex Sawash

H-O-W-L

The Guppy

Amazing episode.

Spoiler alert
When the candle flickered, we knew Howard was fucked a second before Jimmy and Kim.

I assumed Lalo's plan was to make most of the guards vacate the laundry. I forgot Mike had guys watching Jimmy and Kim. I didn't realise seeing the cockroach made him think of Jimmy.
[close]

Blue Jam

I'm going to have to watch this one as soon as it hits Netflix aren't I?

The Guppy

Yes. It is somewhat eventful and people are talking about it.

Blue Jam

Quote from: JamesTC on May 23, 2022, 05:57:05 PMI was working on the assumption that the PI was in cahoots with Saul and Kim. How else would this picture they are faking get into Howard's hands?

Spoiler alert
D'oh, that completely passed me by
[close]

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
Oh no Howard, keep your tainted hands away from Irene
[close]

BritishHobo

Started this episode knowing that the length meant I would be slightly late for work if I saw it to the end, which added an extra layer of stress that actually works perfectly with Better Call Saul.

Spoiler alert
Christ. Poor fucker. Delighted he got a nice speech of moral bewilderment and disgust in first. Although I enjoyed the moment of him encouraging their Sandpiper client to enter in a wheelchair, so as to look extra infirm.
[close]

Blue Jam

NoSleep

BritishHobo

Big question is
Spoiler alert
what is Lalo's clean-up service like? Breaking Bad was full of people with different agendas working together to cover up something that would implicate them all, but how much does Lalo give a shit? Is he likely to shoot off once he's got what he needs, and leave them to clear up the mess?
[close]

The Guppy

I'm sure
Spoiler alert
he has people to take care of that, when he has cartel support. Right now his only ally is wheelchair-bound and under Fring's surveillance. He's not going to stick around to tidy up. Time for Kim and Jimmy to do some mopping and chopping.
[close]

Blue Jam

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 24, 2022, 08:38:12 AMStarted this episode knowing that the length meant I would be slightly late for work if I saw it to the end, which added an extra layer of stress that actually works perfectly with Better Call Saul.

I started it knowing it would end just as my Teams meeting began... fuck, how am I supposed to concentrate on werk now? Amazing episode.

dontpaintyourteeth

Blue Jam

Quote from: BritishHobo on May 24, 2022, 09:05:06 AMBig question is
Spoiler alert
what is Lalo's clean-up service like? Breaking Bad was full of people with different agendas working together to cover up something that would implicate them all, but how much does Lalo give a shit? Is he likely to shoot off once he's got what he needs, and leave them to clear up the mess?
[close]

Spoiler alert
Better call the abuelita, see if she's got some club soda
[close]

Surely
Spoiler alert
Kim and Jimmy are going to have to move out of the flat now? Buy the Trump Towers mansion with Sandpiper settlement, and raise a glass of wine that tastes like ash in their mouths? No more boffing on the sofa that's for sure- got to get busy installing a panic room in the walk-in wardrobe
[close]

NoSleep

Spoiler alert
It has all been fun for Kim up until that moment. The beginning of the end.
[close]

jobotic

Can't watch this until this evening so you lot can shove your thread (until tonight).

BritishHobo

Quote from: NoSleep on May 24, 2022, 09:17:02 AM
Spoiler alert
It has all been fun for Kim up until that moment. The beginning of the end.
[close]

It's interesting because
Spoiler alert
if that hadn't have happened, you wonder what Kim would have done going forward; with Howard "defeated", would she have then have been satisfied and happy to return to normal lawyering? Or would she have craved some inbetween that meant more schemes without going quite as far as Jimmy has in getting involved with cartel business?
[close]

lankyguy95

Spoiler alert
Lalo's silhouette emerging from the left made me connect the Psycho reference shower head shot from earlier in the episode.
[close]

Blue Jam

Amazing, all the talk of how episode 606 wasn't boring at all and I don't think anyone even got round to mentioning Lalo hacking Casper's foot clean off before just calmly told him they were going to have a talk.

Spoiler alert
...and I would never have guessed it was foreshadowing anything in 607. "Now we talk"? Fucking socioopath.
[close]

Blue Jam

Spoiler alert
Incredible eye acting from Bob Odenkirk at the end there. I felt every bit as horrified as Jimmy looked.
[close]

Spoiler alert
I didn't by any means predict what would happen but I had a terrible feeling we were moving into a Ozymandias situation and I was right. It's both shocking and tragically inevitable.
[close]

NoSleep

What's up with Netflix (UK) today? I thought new episodes were turning up Tuesday morning but had to find it elsewhere.