Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,207
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 04:53:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

James Corden

Started by Leej88, June 01, 2021, 03:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I want him to crash during Carpool Karaoke and get whiplash, then the band drag him out of the car and beat him up. Then he gets AIDS and dies.

Kankurette

I want live bees to be released into his car.

St_Eddie

How far can you make it through this "comic" skit.  I made it 3 mins and 37 seconds in before I had to stop watching because I was losing the will to live.

bomb_dog

Longer than me and I had to sit through the same unskippable 'MTV Raps' advert twice in the first minute. Needs more jokes. And the skit too.

timebug

I think some people have a  very strong bias against him; personally I have no animosity towards the fat, unfunny,useless twat!

Quote from: timebug on June 02, 2021, 08:33:31 AM
the fat, unfunny,useless twat!

Well of course his corpulence is far more offensive than his consistently-reported personal obnoxiousness.

Leej88

Back in 2009, he had his awful sketch show with Horne and Lesbian Vampire Killers that should have killed his career there.

peteprodge

Quote from: Leej88 on June 02, 2021, 08:43:40 AM
Back in 2009, he had his awful sketch show with Horne and Lesbian Vampire Killers that should have killed his career there.

Ah yes. If jokes were punctuation, Horne and Corden would be a Leej88 post.

Icehaven

Still like to know if that frequently repeated anecdote about him wilfully ignoring a woman and crying baby sitting next to him on a plane and then it turning out it was his wife and child is true. Probably not but so many people's willingness to believe it is amusing.

frajer

Quote from: icehaven on June 02, 2021, 09:07:54 AM
Still like to know if that frequently repeated anecdote about him wilfully ignoring a woman and crying baby sitting next to him on a plane and then it turning out it was his wife and child is true. Probably not but so many people's willingness to believe it is amusing.

Yeah that makes me chuckle whenever it comes up. And to paraphrase Stewart Lee, even if the story isn't true, what it tells us about James Corden....

dissolute ocelot

He was good in Fat Friends, and no more implausible than anyone else in The History Boys. Shame about Corden and Horne and everything since then.

Having said that, I suspect anyone who hosted an American chatshow would rapidly appear insufferable, even if they never pretended to slay a lesbian vampire in their life.

thr0b

Craig Ferguson being an obvious exception to the above.

H-O-W-L

GAVLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR

Twit 2

Hope he bleeds to death in a trolley.

Leej88

America will get sick of him soon enough.

Alberon

Quote from: Leej88 on June 02, 2021, 10:31:17 PM
America will get sick of him soon enough.

Hope not. Then he'll be back here all the bloody time.

idunnosomename

Can I shock you?

no?

ok

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

He was good as Ollie in The Thick of It in Mike Leigh's All or Nothing. He's a decent dramatic actor; if he'd just stuck to doing that for a living, then all of this unpleasantness could've been avoided.

Sonny_Jim

You know shits bad when even the Columbo nerds are taking the piss out of you:

Kankurette

I hope Brentford win today just to annoy Corden.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I hope when Corden returns home after his chat show stint is over, something like the walk of shame in Dead Poet's Society occurs, where he has to walk down a long road whilst his peers turn their backs on him, and by the end he's in floods of tears.

Actually, is that Dead Poet's Society or not? Some film anyway.

kalowski

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 10, 2022, 04:01:10 PMI hope when Corden returns home after his chat show stint is over, something like the walk of shame in Dead Poet's Society occurs, where he has to walk down a long road whilst his peers turn their backs on him, and by the end he's in floods of tears.

Actually, is that Dead Poet's Society or not? Some film anyway.
The Handmaid's Tale? No, perhaps not, but I do hope someone beats the soles of Corden's feet.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I dunno. There's some film set at an Ivy League university, and a lad gets expelled and has to do a long shame walk down the road from the main building towards the main gate, while all his friends stand in a line by the side of the road and have to turn their backs on him, one by one, as he walks past. Sort of a very formal shunning ceremony, like they'd do in New England to ape British customs.

I don't even know what film it's from now, or whether I dreamt it.
@buzby I summon you. You're good at this sort of thing.

dead-ced-dead

That's the opposite of what happens in Dead Poet's Society. In DPS, Robin Williams encourages the kids to become free thinkers and read poetry.

Spoilers:

Spoiler alert
One of the kids ends up killing himself when he realises his parents will never allow him to become a free thinker and stray from the path they've planned out for him. The stuffy academics and parents blame Williams and he's fired. When he returns to collect his things from the classroom the kids stand on their desks and say, "O captain my captain."
[close]

But there were quite a few films set in stuffy Ivy League schools in the 90s. Perhaps you're thinking of School Ties with Brendan Fraser.

Ferris

To hijack this, I remember a film ending with the protagonist walking directly into the ocean, in one long shot from behind with the implication being that he is committing suicide.

Never been able to find it, and am starting to think I imagined it (or mashed up the ending of two films, like Being There and something else).

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

There's a bit in Dunkirk where a soldier does that, then just flops about on the waves, waiting to drown.

JamesTC

I hope all the celebrities stand on their desks and say "O Corden, my Corden".

thr0b

Quote from: Ferris on April 10, 2022, 06:09:10 PMTo hijack this, I remember a film ending with the protagonist walking directly into the ocean, in one long shot from behind with the implication being that he is committing suicide.

Never been able to find it, and am starting to think I imagined it (or mashed up the ending of two films, like Being There and something else).

Moe's mentor does it in that episode of the Simpsons where his mentor is in it.

Ray Travez

Quote from: Ferris on April 10, 2022, 06:09:10 PMTo hijack this, I remember a film ending with the protagonist walking directly into the ocean, in one long shot from behind with the implication being that he is committing suicide.

I'm sure I've seen this. He takes off his clothes and leaves them on the beach?

I've got an image of the colours being washed out, like maybe it's approaching dusk. And the shot contains a large section of the beach.