Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will you have a 3rd ‘booster’ jab?

Started by vanilla.coffee, September 14, 2021, 10:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

I had the booster. Would have another one now if available, no joke.

shoulders

jenna appleseed

Quote from: Jasha on December 21, 2021, 05:00:05 PMPfizered up to the eyeballs* now, might have a Tuesday Donna kebab rather than cooking

*which incidentally were screwed shut while the nurse told me to relax

Mine too (really didn't want to see the needle - live long phobia).

My nurse* kept telling me to "go floppy. go floppy" straight after wanting me to make my arm a "relaxed muscle" - I'm there eyes wide shut, simultaneously terrified, trying to not laugh and risk jerking my arm, because it sounds a bit rude in a ultra rubbish trying to be Viz way and making me think of Jarvis Cocker in skeleton makeup (haven't thought of that group for a very long time).

while also mentally doing the whole has it happened yet, have you done it yet, ow, was that it?, is safe to open my eyes yet? - oh opened them a little bit to soon, saw the syringe on the way to the sharps box. *flinch*

Nurse was lovely, really good at not freaking me out knowing I'm terrified of needles.
Support worker was great too. Weird not having to wait the 15 minutes there, managed to get to Greggs to grab a self congrats reward muffin (have birthday free reward thing about to expire). We started walking back to go to tescos (support work driving as usual), before suddenly releasing actually I could do with a sit down, and popped home. prob just from the adrenalin.   

other support worker whose mum sounds antivax, kept randomly mentioning she'd 'seen a video about 9/11 being an inside job' and was a right elevenerifer seems to have fucked off now (hopefully for good)

Had phizer three times, first time hardly anything except brief sore arm and tiredness that might just've been from pre vax anxiety & non-sleeping.

second time almost same except having proper 'ow my arms really sore' moments the next day or so - seemed more painful/stiff & for longer than 1st time

Booster was on Wednesday, had the exhaustion and not sleeping first night, still sweaty and blah and cold symptoms and in aright mood, - but just finished my period, possibly had a cold anyway (tend to get one around my period), and have a thyroid condition, so could be totally unrealted to vaccine or covid.

Told them when I went in and they asked if any possible covid symptoms that I might be getting a cold and they didn't freak out that I might have omicron so that's something?

should I still get tested? (don't want to spread it arround to vulnerable people via infecting a support worker).

eta: oh yeah, re booster, arm was worse sore mostly for the day after.

oh and we've got a walk in vaccine centre now, just round the corner (in the empty supermarket, that was once a co-op, then empty, then briefly a Budgens, then empty again, then an overgrown Londis for a bit)  so didn't have to go to one of the side bits of Tiverton to a community centre gp vax clinic, or all the way to Greendale* which was nice

(*business park, no Postman Pat or Neil Young. Their place was too large, had parts the 'room' cordoned off with those little conveyer belt looking things.
gave me anxiety and sensory issues, had weird echoing from the size and all the background noise, and it was like my brain kept filtering out on what was being said directly to/near me  and tried to interpret overlapping distant sounds.)

katzenjammer

Just had mine, 2 x Pfizer + 1 moderna. Don't even have a sore arm, I'm a bit worried I might have got the anti vax nurse

Ferris

Booster booked for end of jan, a month after my case ended. Gonna be more antibodies than man.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I am post-Modernaty, as of this afternoon. No side effects to report yet.

Rizla

Had my 3rd yesterday (moderna, on top of 2x AZ), felt totally fine, went to the gym and  busted weights - today, woke up feeling somewhat ghastly, sore arm and a little bit fluey. Sure it'll be fine tomorrow though.

katzenjammer

Feeling tired, headachy and generally rough 36 hours after my moderna. Fine yesterday

QDRPHNC

Got my booster booked this coming Saturday morning (Moderna). Lazy weekend for the sick man!

Ferris

Moderna is the business, I'm going back for a third (!) go in a few weeks.

Can't get enough!

katzenjammer

Quote from: Ferris on January 05, 2022, 10:08:50 PMModerna is the business

You're not kidding! I had a fever all last night, actually thought I might have flu. Haven't felt that dodgy in years

Ferris

Quote from: katzenjammer on January 06, 2022, 11:53:01 AMYou're not kidding! I had a fever all last night, actually thought I might have flu. Haven't felt that dodgy in years

Big boy shit, mate. Brother in law had a full fever for 24hrs but now his immune system is nails.

Can't wait for my #3. After my own covid case I reckon it'll knock me sideways.

As with my previous jabs, the only side effect I have is a bruised feeling arm.

I reckon you're all just a bunch of softies. Give me you dinner money, or I'll marmalise you!

Crenners

It means your central nervous system doesn't really do anything very sorry mate

Crenners

I had my first boostah today. Pfizer after two AZ and I have feel spaced to fuck.

It means your central nervous system is a big pile of cack.

Now give me your money, or I'll peanut your tie.

Crenners

I can feel the nanomachines flooding my circuits and I feel like I defragged my soul.

Beagle 2

Had my third shot on Wednesday (Pfizer after a couple of AZs), felt completely normal until Friday when I started feeling dizzy and slurring my words. This carried on all weekend, basically feeling pissed and being unable to read out loud without stumbling over the words and sounding like Shane McGowan. Really unpleasant.

superthunderstingcar

3rd jab? Pffffft. If you losers were Clinically Extremely Vulnerable like me, you'd be on your fourth jab by now.

Blinder Data

I of course took my booster, but my pregnant friend in France has decided not to. She's had two jags already and the medical advice was basically "you can if you want but if I were you I wouldn't".

I understand her choice but it's shocking how contradictory the advice has been for pregnant people. The leaflet in the UK still implores pregnant people to "ask your GP or chemist before taking the vaccine". What the hell would they know that the doctor, who is in front of me with the syringe in hand, wouldn't? Arse-covering tosh.

Expectant mothers know that either decision bears unknown risks and are therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place (especially my friend who finds her liberty massively curbed due to France's health pass - cheers Macron pal).

QDRPHNC

Got my Moderna booster on Saturday. Groggy last couple of days, but back to normal today. Except my left armpit is now sore and convex rather that it's usual concave, but the internet assures me this is a normal side effect.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on January 11, 2022, 02:04:11 PMGot my Moderna booster on Saturday. Groggy last couple of days, but back to normal today. Except my left armpit is now sore and convex rather that it's usual concave, but the internet assures me this is a normal side effect.

QDRPHNC

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Blinder Data on January 11, 2022, 11:38:46 AMExpectant mothers know that either decision bears unknown risks and are therefore stuck between a rock and a hard place (especially my friend who finds her liberty massively curbed due to France's health pass - cheers Macron pal).

I suppose the difference is active vs. passive risk, in those instances, i.e. you have a decent enough chance of not getting COVID if you're careful, but getting the vaccine directly opens you up to whatever risks there may be inherent in it (there are plenty of vaccines you can't get whilst pregnant).

Each of the vaccines have messed up some female friends' menstrual cycles for a few months (this is now an acknowledged side effect, even though they're not sure why), and the long-term effects it may have on developing fetuses are unknown, so I can absolutely understand a pregnant woman or her doctor erring on the side of caution there - especially when the booster seems to be rather ineffective against Omicron anyway.

flotemysost

^ as I understand it the menstrual side effects are an immune response, as the uterine lining is pretty responsive to any changes there - a few of my pals who menstruate and caught covid pre-vaccine experienced the same effect for a couple of months after having had the virus. (Anyone who actually knows about how this stuff works, feel free to correct me/elaborate, of course!)

I guess there's definitely (tragically) been evidence that unvaccinated pregnant people can become fatally ill from covid, but I still can't imagine it's necessarily an easy decision - maybe more so for people who were perhaps less likely to be exposed to covid anyway (i.e. not key workers or living with any key workers, no other children, etc.).

I'm on the vaccine trial register (though I haven't actually participated in any, not yet anyway) and they still send emails about various potential new jabs that are in the works, and as far as I remember you're automatically blocked from proceeding if you say you're pregnant in the initial questions bit. A colleague of mine who was pregnant during the vaccine roll-out last year (but ended up giving birth before she got invited for her first dose) told me she was definitely a bit hesitant knowing it hadn't been tested on anyone who was pregnant (had she still been pregnant when due to get jabbed), though I'm not really sure how you'd go about finding willing volunteers in that situation.

Crenners

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on January 11, 2022, 10:39:53 PMespecially when the booster seems to be rather ineffective against Omicron anyway.

Literally the opposite.

I'm enjoying your posts circling the plughole on this topic. I'm not sure what the tipping point will be but it feels like it's coming.

👍👍👍

Ferris

Went Pfizer, so now I've had both the good ones.

Bigfella

Two AstraZenecas last summer, got a Moderna booster today.  Anyone know if there's any rhyme or reason as to what kind you get? Maybe it's regional availability.

mothman

Basically, yes. Or even more granular than that - my wife and I got AZed at our GP; our girls both got Pfizered at a Vaxx centre. The same centre where we got Moderna boosters, and presumably they will too.

olliebean

When I got my booster, they were doing both Pfizer and Moderna, but it was pre-determined which one you'd get - they looked my name up on a list which told them which one I was due for (Moderna, having had AZ for my first two).