Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:09:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Inside No9 series 7

Started by SilverFish, September 17, 2021, 07:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Vroomo on April 24, 2022, 12:23:32 AMJulia Davis was an Aussie, lesbian, stage manager in The Understudy back in Series One.

Oh shit, you're right. I completely forgot.

sevendaughters

just caught up. it was fine. some of the 'going back into memories' dialogue on the boat was a bit student production, but there were laughs and I like a mostly-bottle episode.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 24, 2022, 01:29:02 AMOh shit, you're right. I completely forgot.
If ever "actors who've appeared credited in an episode of Inside Number 9" is a question on Pointless* I'd reckon Julia Davis & Nick Moran would be two of the biggest "I'd forgotten about them - Of course they were!" answers.

* probably already has

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on April 23, 2022, 06:43:40 PMI think I heard Steve say he hoped the podcasts be referred to as I2No.9 so reckon the least we could do is oblige.

I remembered him saying something with IX and a square in it but I couldn't figure it back out before I posted. I've just checked and at 42m55s he says he's 'desperate' to get it known as IX2. How does that work? Inside X IX? Surely, it should be I2IX or I3X, or something.

mjwilson

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 24, 2022, 02:31:11 PMI remembered him saying something with IX and a square in it but I couldn't figure it back out before I posted. I've just checked and at 42m55s he says he's 'desperate' to get it known as IX2. How does that work? Inside X IX? Surely, it should be I2IX or I3X, or something.

He says IN2, which makes a bit more sense. Although mathematically it should be (IN)2 but that's hard to convey on audio.

Captain Z

Mathematicallly it should be I2N9

JamesTC

Why would Inside2 be equal to Inside Inside? Unless Inside equals 1.414.

DrGreggles

Not one of the better episodes for me, Clive.

Spoiler alert
Sorry Reece
[close]

Spoiler alert
Hi Reece
[close]

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mjwilson on April 24, 2022, 03:34:12 PMHe says IN2, which makes a bit more sense. Although mathematically it should be (IN)2 but that's hard to convey on audio.

Oh, you're right. I missheard. Your interpretation makes far more sense. However, surely that means it's Inside (Inside Number Nine) -> I(I+N+N) -> I2+I2N. Doesn't really roll off the tongue, though, does it?

(Sorry Steve! Did I mention I was bored?)

Johnny Yesno

Or maybe it's Inside (Inside (Number Nine))
-> I(I(N+N))
= I(I(2N))
= I(2IN)
= 2I2N

mjwilson

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 24, 2022, 06:54:09 PMOh, you're right. I missheard. Your interpretation makes far more sense. However, surely that means it's Inside (Inside Number Nine) -> I(I+N+N) -> I2+I2N. Doesn't really roll off the tongue, though, does it?

(Sorry Steve! Did I mention I was bored?)

IINN = (IN)2 by commutativity

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mjwilson on April 24, 2022, 09:01:28 PMIINN = (IN)2 by commutativity

It's not commutative, though, is it? There's a definite order: you have Inside Number Nine and then you go inside that.

somersetchris

Quote from: JamesTC on April 24, 2022, 04:38:35 PMWhy would Inside2 be equal to Inside Inside? Unless Inside equals 1.414.

I think you've crossed the pedantry threshold on that one.

mjwilson

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 25, 2022, 12:01:26 AMIt's not commutative, though, is it? There's a definite order: you have Inside Number Nine and then you go inside that.

Or I and N could both be matrices, then you'd really be in trouble.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: somersetchris on April 25, 2022, 06:34:55 PMI think you've crossed the pedantry threshold on that one.

It's why I'm here. I just wish I understood it.

Quote from: mjwilson on April 25, 2022, 06:56:46 PMOr I and N could both be matrices, then you'd really be in trouble.

I'm already in trouble because I don't understand that either.

mjwilson

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 25, 2022, 11:15:32 PMI'm already in trouble because I don't understand that either.

Matrix multiplication is not commutative (AB is not necessarily equal to BA).

Andy147

Quote from: JamesTC on April 24, 2022, 04:38:35 PMWhy would Inside2 be equal to Inside Inside? Unless Inside equals 1.414.

You mean "Unless Inside equals 2", surely? You want x2=2x, not x2=2 .

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Andy147 on April 26, 2022, 12:18:55 AMYou mean "Unless Inside equals 2", surely? You want x2=2x, not x2=2 .

Hey! I do understand this after all!

I still think the square is a decent representation of being inside something which is inside something else, though.

Quote from: mjwilson on April 25, 2022, 11:35:32 PMMatrix multiplication is not commutative (AB is not necessarily equal to BA).

Ah, right, but why would I and N be matrices?

Blumf

Has everyone forgotten That Was The Week That Was, or (TW)3, to give it it's efficient form?

olliebean

I am good at maths, and this thread is hurting me.

mjwilson

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on April 26, 2022, 08:19:36 AMAh, right, but why would I and N be matrices?

Mostly I was being silly.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: mjwilson on April 26, 2022, 12:34:50 PMMostly I was being silly.

OK. So, if I was being silly, what was N being?

Tony Tony Tony

The Radio Times website write up for tonight's upcoming ep says it has strong allusions to a classic 70s movie. It doesn't name the film as says that would give too much away.

First one to get it and post wins the thread?

Someone on Reddit might have already figured it out.

It really will spoil it:

Spoiler alert
apparently one of the drawings in the classroom is the same as one in the Wicker Man.
[close]

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on April 27, 2022, 09:02:58 PMSomeone on Reddit might have already figured it out.

It really will spoil it:

Spoiler alert
apparently one of the drawings in the classroom is the same as one in the Wicker Man.
[close]

Buggeration.

Spoiler alert
Sorry, had the same "oh it's going to be that" when I read it as well.

Though seeing as the thumbnail is them in front of a banner for the harvest festival and it's set in rural Wales maybe the twist will be that it's not that. Bit too obvious.
[close]

Quote from: This isnt witty sorry on April 27, 2022, 09:02:58 PMSomeone on Reddit might have already figured it out.

It really will spoil it:

Spoiler alert
[close]

I've been working, so barely seen the screen, and that's the exact vibe I've got.

Did watch the screen for the last 5 minutes. Took the (minor) swerve it needed to. Great.

selectivememory

Haha. Fucking hell. Wasn't particularly enjoying that one so much at first, but I was curious enough to want to see where it was going, and the last ten minutes or so were great. I was thinking Steve's performance of the headmaster character was almost distractingly hammy, but that made sense in the end with the sinister turn.

lauraxsynthesis

Wahey!
Spoiler alert
I love the Wicker Man so this was a real treat. I didn't see it coming until he looked at the photo of Mr Hardy's class. Apart from it echoing the harvest photo from the film, the director was of course Robin Hardy. I once shook the man's hand at a Singalonga Wicker Man event.
[close]