Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:36:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Only Fools and Horses superfan has £3000 tattoo of the show, owns Del Boy's hat

Started by Fambo Number Mive, October 23, 2021, 09:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalowski

"Merry Christmas, Dean. You'll love these videos. Your grandad loves them, don't you Donald? Donald, tell our Dean about the chandeliers."

gilbertharding

The fact that it's the wrong model, and he 'didn't realise it had to be taxed'... is the most Delboy thing about this.

JamesTC

QuoteIt is probably the most famous three-wheeled van in history.

Yes it is. So why does this replica look fuck all like it?

Mr Banlon

Quote from: gilbertharding on November 04, 2021, 02:38:27 PM
The fact that it's the wrong model, and he 'didn't realise it had to be taxed'... is the most Delboy thing about this.
It's not even a van, it's a Reliant Robin car with a vinyl sticker over the rear side windows. Del Boy's was a Reliant Regal van and about 20 years older. A bit like painting a '53' on a 1986 VW Golf and selling it as Herbie.
A real Del Boy move.

thenoise

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on October 24, 2021, 11:44:44 AM
You can see a picture of Dean's tattoo here: https://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/17736700.fools-horses-tattoo-full-story/
Hey Dean why not get your expensive tattoo on a part of your body that you never get to see? So the only people who get to see it are your wife, who hates both the show and you, and your two sons, who couldn't care less. And readers of the echo, who are laughing at you. YOU PLONKER!!!

Glebe

Mr Banlon

"My kids are 3 and 5, I'm trying to get them into it, but nothing at the moment. A man who's got the Trotter van doesn't live far from me, so I've dressed my son up and taken him there to take photos - I'm trying to [get them into Only Fools] but at the moment they're just not interested."

Glebe

"Look daddy, I'm Batman!"

"No son, you're Del Boy dressed as Batman."

Fambo Number Mive

H-O-W-L

Fambo Number Mive

Found a new superfan on Youtube:

Room that looks to be done up like Del Boy's, does skits with him and his children wearing OFAH character masks while audio from the sitcom plays, has a OFAH three wheeled van.

Fair do's looks like a bloke having a bit of OFAH fun with his kids during lockdowns, impressed at how much OFAH stuff he has on his wall. Did anyone else on here act out sitcom moments during the lockdowns?

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on March 27, 2022, 10:56:02 AMFound a new superfan on Youtube:

Blimey, getting some serious Jed Maxwell vibes there. Or possibly "George Michael" from TSOR&M.

Fambo Number Mive

Any superfans of Only Fools and Horses will want the Royal Mint's £19.99 coin with illustrated information card.

The coin is not legal tender.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/only-fools-horses-coin-makes-26564500

JamesTC

QuoteThe cushty souvenir coin can be bought through the Royal Mint website – and fans will be keen to say "Bonjour" to one.

Stop getting Only Fools and Horses wrong!

Genuinely tempted to write an overly long email to them complaining about this egregious error.

JamesTC

Just sent an email of complaint to Mirror Online:
QuoteHi Mirror Team,

I wish to complain about an article published on the Mirror Online website at 21:08 on 26 Mar 2022 titled "Only Fools and Horses coin makes a mint as fans of Del Boy snap it up for £19.99".

In the body of this insightful piece of journalism, we come to a section that asserts that the coin "can be bought through the Royal Mint website" and that "fans will be keen to say "Bonjour" to one". Now I am no expert on Only Fools and Horses, and I do not wish to step on the toes of Foolsologists, however this is clearly an inaccurate reference to one of Del Boy's cheeky beloved catchphrases. Del Boy would often say "Bonjour" when he in fact should say "Au Revoir". If we translated from Del Boy-ese, then fans saying "Bonjour" to the coin would actually be saying goodbye to it. Can I therefore suggest this replacement paragraph:

The cushty crème de la menthe souvenir coin can be bought through the Royal Mint website – and fans will be keen to say "Au Revoir" to one. Bonnet de douche.

Quite frankly, I am astounded that this could have slipped through the cracks. After all, as pointed out in the article itself, Only Fools and Horses is the nation's best loved sitcom. There isn't a man, woman, child or very smart artificial intelligence that does not spend the allotted one hour a day revising Only Fools and Horses on UK Gold (longer on bank holidays when they show The Jolly Boys' Outing).

My favourite bit is when Del Boy falls through the bar. Please do an article about that.

I would also like to point out that the section which asserts that Del Boy would be down the market selling the coins as medals with Albert is also an impossibility. As you no doubt are aware, Uncle Albert died sometime between 1996 and 2001. His ashes were later spread in the famous GARY episode in which Del Boy and Rodney visit the French town which is made up of Uncle Albert's offspring.

Apologies for sending this email to the generic complaints mailbox. I could not find a specific Only Fools and Horses based complaints mailbox. If you would like to supply me with this, I would be happy to forward this email on.

Thanks,

James.

imitationleather

Excellent. Hope you sent a picture of yourself pulling a compoface while holding an OFAH DVD as well.

idunnosomename

it is indeed very funny that some Reach PLC lackey has misunderstood the whole joke that Derek consistently gets French wrong. i hope they are fired and die in a ditch.

OOOOOOnly joking. i hope they simply get a better job that isn't trying to get the best SEO rating on stories about only fools and horses tat.

The Mollusk

mattyc

Jerry Jarvis's van is almost as good as a terrible remembrance day poem.

FalknerHinton

QuoteIt's not only David Jason that Dean has met multiple times: after meeting the late John Challis for the first time when he was 7 he kept in touch, emailing him around once a month and always getting lovely responses.

QuoteHe said: "We met every year for the last 20-odd years, and of all the Only Fools and Horses cast he's the one that meets the fans, he loves his fans, and nothing was ever too much for him".

Quotehe loves his fans, and nothing was ever too much for him

It's true, nothing was too much for John Challis. I once broke down on the A34 and a passing Challis not only stopped to see what was wrong, he managed to fashion a new cambelt out of a discarded McDonald's takeaway bag and fit it with nothing more than his bare hands. I'm pleased to say his temporary fix is still going strong some 35,000 miles later!

I tried to thank him, but he just stuck a pony in my pocket and sent me on my way.

Glebe

I had the opposite experience with Buster Merryfield. Broke down on the A1 and instead of giving me some assistance he just started going on about "Durin' vah woah..."

non capisco

That teeth gritted expression on Challis' face upthread just got me good. "Christ, it's HIM again. Hurry this along, Marrrrrrrlene. I've got a Zoom chat with Ice T at half 5." Fucking brilliant.

I've seen Challis hawking his books and photo ops at various fairs and conventions over the years. He'd make time for the fans, but for a price. But you've got this lad who'd been emailing him monthly for 20 years, where did he fit in to that dynamic? Did he get free access on the basis that he's a "mate", or was he expected to pay like the rest of the punters?

"Nice to see you again Dean, my good friend, but if you want to talk to me, you're going to need to buy your fifteenth copy of Being Boycie. And selfies are a fiver, you know the drill. Don't make Sue Holderness smash your phone. Again."

It's a shame he died over lockdown, otherwise his family could have charged £200 a head to come to the funeral. Strictly smart black dress, no Batman costumes. Paul Barber selling autographed photos outside the church for £15.

JamesTC

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 29, 2022, 05:06:36 PMIt's a shame he died over lockdown, otherwise his family could have charged £200 a head to come to the funeral. Strictly smart black dress, no Batman costumes. Paul Barber selling autographed photos outside the church for £15.

NO ONIONS