Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:37:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobius

Quote from: Spiteface on June 30, 2022, 06:43:11 PMRegal should be a regular on commentary.

Yeah he was great. Sounds like he's really enjoying himself, must be fun working with 3 guys he respects and has history with!

Hate to join the "JR bad" crowd, but Forbidden Door was loads better with Kevin Kelly, and B&G was loads better with Taz. Bringing JR out for main events and big matches is alright though.

Anyway that Blood & Guts match was fucking insane. And heel Luchasaurus is pretty cool too!

Magnum Valentino

Is anyone listening to William Regal's podcast? It's been running for a month now and it's a dream come true for me. I think I said when he did that massive two parter on Jericho's show that I could listen to him all day and on Saturday I did just that, well, for about six hours straight or something mental.

gmoney

Yes, and I love it. He does ramble a bit, and tends to repeat himself, but I'd listen to him read the phone book.

stonkers

Quote from: Mobius on July 01, 2022, 12:17:28 AMHate to join the "JR bad" crowd, but Forbidden Door was loads better with Kevin Kelly, and B&G was loads better with Taz. Bringing JR out for main events and big matches is alright though.

JR constantly fuckign up and calling people by their WWE names is starting to get on my nerves.

Spode

Him saying cowboy shiznit and Adam Cole bay bay, for me.

People can hear you, Jim, mate.

JR responding to United Empire ripping out Orange Cassidy's pockets by saying he can just buy new jeans was the call of the year, sorry nerds

gmoney

Quote from: Stone Cold Steve Austin on July 01, 2022, 12:22:45 PMJR responding to United Empire ripping out Orange Cassidy's pockets by saying he can just buy new jeans was the call of the year, sorry nerds

I preferred when he corrected Excalibur when he said Eddie Kingston was coming down to the ring with a can of gasoline. "It might not be gas." Cheers JR.

I also shudder whenever he says "It's nut cutting time".

Ja'moke

The worst was JR saying the ending of the IWGP World title match was "anticlimactic". We know it was Jim, but it's your job to cover for the performers, not shit on it out loud.

Deanjam

He's always doing it. Making snide comments that undercut what's on screen. Reminds me of Larry Zbysko in WCW, who always tried to make himself look cleverer than the product. I know he's had some rough times, but right now I think he's a detriment to the presentation.

Ja'moke

I hope moving him to Rampage is permanent, at least then they can edit around him.

Old Thrashbarg

I did like the brief moment at the start of Dynamite when Excalibur and Taz slipped into their relaxed, trying-to-make-each-other-laugh Dark commentary style. Not something that would really work on the more serious show full time, but it was nice to hear nonetheless.

Gurke and Hare

Moxley vs Brody King, don't mind that. Also, Thunderstorm is a great tag team name, I'd like to see them against the Deeb/Martinez team.

Ja'moke

I enjoyed the double ring Rumble. Definitely has the potential to become a regular thing every time they do a Blood and Guts match.

Hoping that Brody v Mox leads to a House of Black vs Blackpool Combat Club feud.

Deanjam

Did you see that Smackdown had a battle royal where the prize was 'momentum' going into Money in the Bank. Ha ha! What a stupid company.

Anyway, MitB is tonight, so I'll probably watch it. Always interesting to see who they pick to win these matches. I think Lacey Evans is winning the women's match, and probably Drew winning the men's so he can challenge for the title at the Wales show.

Here's the card. No Men's world title match for the third big show in a row. They really need to use MitB to take one of those belts off Roman if he's gonna have such a limited schedule. Outside of the ladder matches it looks a fairly worthless show.

Psybro

Feel bad for the Usos and Street Profits for probably pumping out another four star match in a vacuum that nobody will give a shit about.

Gurke and Hare

I'd have Rollins win, and then challenge Cody immediately after he beats Roman at Wrestlemania, because fuck it, why not? Suffer, Cody. Then beat the shit out of him in a no DQ rematch.

Anyway, next weekend PAC is defending the All-Atlantic belt against Shota Umino at a Rev Pro show in Sheffield.

https://twitter.com/RevProUK/status/1543324590209961986

This seems like a good omen for the Rev Pro 10th Anniversary 2-night show in August.

Gurke and Hare

Women's ladder match first, nice one. Come on Asuka!

Deanjam

up_the_hampipe

Yeah, glad they went with Liv. I'm a bit bored of Becky's hammy breakdowns, it's a bit too knowing and piss-takey for me. Act like you're genuinely devastated, instead of being ironic with it all.

Mobius

Gurke and Hare

Was that kick off the rope an actual original ladder match spot? It was a good one.

Deanjam

What the fuck was the Alexa credit card skit.

Deanjam

Ja'moke

Has a woman ever held the MITB for more than a day, other than Carmella (the first one)?

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 03, 2022, 03:21:22 AMHas a woman ever held the MITB for more than a day, other than Carmella (the first one)?

No.

Mobius

It's more fun when someone holds the briefcase for a while at least, but still cool for Liv.

Ja'moke

I feel like the MITB stopped being fun a long while ago.

Was Rollins cash in at WM the last great one?

Mobius

I was watching UFC, why is Theory who lost earlier in the night in this match now

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on July 03, 2022, 03:30:43 AMI feel like the MITB stopped being fun a long while ago.

Was Rollins cash in at WM the last great one?

Ambrose was great too.

Quote from: Mobius on July 03, 2022, 03:43:27 AMI was watching UFC, why is Theory who lost earlier in the night in this match now

Vince's favourite.

Ja'moke