Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling 2021/2022: All Thread Everything

Started by madhair60, November 22, 2021, 08:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiteface

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on September 05, 2022, 01:18:02 PMProbably because there has been lots of reports recently about his alleged involvement in Cabana being taken off TV. He wanted to address all the shit that's been going around to a room full of people who'd been reporting it.

Yeah, he must have seen it get reported for so long, along with other stuff relating to him and Cabana that I wonder how long he's had that rant bottled up.

The stuff about the EVPs was kinda mad, too. Saw reports that Kenny and the Bucks were threatening to leave over it.

My other favourite thing was the idea that Punk's interview overshadowing MJF's big return was karma for him ruining Wardlow's big moment. It amused me, anyway.

Gurke and Hare

It's be quite funny watching all the online WWE fans having to pretend they always loved Kenny and The Bucks if they ended up there.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on September 05, 2022, 01:38:21 PMIt's be quite funny watching all the online WWE fans having to pretend they always loved Kenny and The Bucks if they ended up there.

Just like they did with Cody, but this would be even more extreme, hah.

I don't think anyone reported Punk made them get rid of Colt, only that a lot of people backstage felt that he had and that was the cause of the tension, which is obviously true and which Punk's ramblings effectively confirmed.

Going on an genuinely unhinged and unprompted rant about 'Scott Colton' initially directed at a reporter he thought was friends with Cabana because they used to do improv together before he'd even finished introducing himself, which he kept coming back to, without ever actually saying anything of substance (I'm still not sure what his side of the story is meant to be, he uses his mother's bank account...ok?) is meant to change that perception?

I very much don't think he ever explicitly or even implicitly said Colt has to go asap, but I don't see how you could watch him rant like that and not think Punk was the reason for the decision to let Colt go, whether he asked for it or not

Ja'moke

And SRS has said that he's never talked to the Bucks and Kenny outside of public interviews. So Punk thinking that the EVPs leaked that Colt stuff to the dirt sheets seems misguided.

kitsofan34

From Jericho's press conference, it sounds like MJF does not want to be a babyface, though that might be down to nerves from not having it done before. It would also explain him flipping off the audience.

If he's still of that mindset, it'll be interesting to see how an anti authority figure manages to get heat, especially when in a rivalry with someone so currently loathsome as Punk.

Spiteface

Quote from: Ja'moke on September 05, 2022, 02:00:14 PMJust like they did with Cody, but this would be even more extreme, hah.

It's believable, given how hardcore they turned on Bryan Danielson for signing with AEW last year.

funniest thing about Punk's meltdown was him losing it over people not wanting his advice, he still can't let the locker room leader thing go

Deanjam

Just noticed we've hit 100 pages. Who wants to start the new thread?

Deanjam

Utter Shit

I have no idea of the context but

1) This Dexter Lumis bloke is cool
2) He looks so much like mid 90s Stone Cold
3) That bit of him appearing from under the ring was brilliant