Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:15:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Bribe the unvaccinated

Started by shoulders, December 18, 2021, 06:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nugget

Vaccine passports for ICU units? Kill two birds with one stone. The way I feel this morning, I'm much more in favour of the stick rather than the carrot approach.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: shoulders on December 19, 2021, 09:50:43 AMNot sure what you thought this was, some gotcha moment for you?

Not expecting you to know what I think. I think all kinds of things.

shoulders

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on December 19, 2021, 12:39:36 PMNot expecting you to know what I think. I think all kinds of things.

Ta for the valuable Premiership Footballers angle then.

shoulders

Quote from: nugget on December 19, 2021, 11:17:18 AMVaccine passports for ICU units? Kill two birds with one stone. The way I feel this morning, I'm much more in favour of the stick rather than the carrot approach.

Think of it as an investment you get a wider benefit from rather than narrowly whether some thick refusenik cunt deserves £200 for doing what 90% of other people have done willingly. It isn't fair, it is wrong, but it will work.

Lordofthefiles

Look at these cunts.

They're not trying to have a sensible discussion about erosion of freeeeedom or pros and cons of scientific data.

They're down for a riot in their Stone Island jumpers and top knots.

...and they've got the police outnumbered now.
Should've cracked some head when this movement was beginning to build in the summer.

https://youtu.be/DkSizv1wh70

3:40:00 is when they start getting edgy outside Downing Street.

I'm guessing the lack of coverage in the mainstream is because it will encourage even more knackers to join in (although we are allowed to see similar protests in Germany, Belgium and France).

nugget

Quote from: shoulders on December 19, 2021, 12:55:59 PMThink of it as an investment you get a wider benefit from rather than narrowly whether some thick refusenik cunt deserves £200 for doing what 90% of other people have done willingly. It isn't fair, it is wrong, but it will work.

If it would help, and I think it probably would to some extent, then I'd normally be in favour of incentivising the more on-the-fence unvaccinated to get jabbed. Not today though, too much frustration to vent.

Alberon

Hunt the Unvaccinated.

Give anyone with three jabs a dart gun loaded with vaccine.

Zetetic

Massive disengagement from every other vaccination campaign (including future 'ViD campaigns) that lack the bribe would be a bit of a problem.

shoulders

Quote from: Zetetic on December 19, 2021, 04:38:11 PMMassive disengagement from every other vaccination campaign (including future 'ViD campaigns) that lack the bribe would be a bit of a problem.

Ok, this seems like a fair point.

I suppose if it happens it needs to come with some feeling of reassurance that recognisable 'normal feeling life' returns for a prolonged period.

If some other cunt virus arrives after that I believe, in the UK at least, we will still queue up for the vaccine to the same degree.

What cost us was the idea at the start of the vaccine campaign that it wasn't really necessary for the under 35s, planting the idea that it was preferable but that lazy fucks would be allowed to so whatever.

Cuellar

Crenners

Fuck em just let Covid do its thing 🎃🎃🎃

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Crenners on December 19, 2021, 06:14:00 PMFuck em just let Covid do its thing 🎃🎃🎃

Really enjoying your deeply considered and enlightening posts.

Johnny Foreigner

Refusing the vaccine notwithstanding absence of mitigating health conditions signals an informed choice to embrace the virus and accept its effects in their entirety. It is a choice we, as a free nation, are bounden to respect. You are free to fall ill and you are free to die if such is your choice. This altruism madness has to stop.

Crenners

Quote from: SpiderChrist on December 19, 2021, 07:30:29 PMReally enjoying your deeply considered and enlightening posts.

Soz for not giving that much thought to cunts when eleven friends and family have died from it.

I actually think I'm pretty generous in letting them make their own decisions...and suffering their own consequences 🎃🎃🎃

flotemysost

Quote from: Johnny Foreigner on December 19, 2021, 07:43:18 PMRefusing the vaccine notwithstanding absence of mitigating health conditions signals an informed choice to embrace the virus and accept its effects in their entirety. It is a choice we, as a free nation, are bounden to respect. You are free to fall ill and you are free to die if such is your choice. This altruism madness has to stop.

Also free to potentially infect anyone vulnerable you come into contact with, though, too. Even if that person is vaccinated themselves, they still might end up suffering otherwise avoidable illness - like my asthmatic mate who got covid from her flatmate's willfully unvaxxed boyfriend bringing it into the flat, and had a miserable (though not life-threatening) few weeks despite being vaccinated herself.

I was thinking they could give everyone a cup of tea and a biscuit after getting jabbed, like when you give blood, but I guess you can't eat/drink with a mask on.

Johnny Foreigner

Hmmm. You might try and get some sponsors in. 'Your vaccine to-day is presented to you by Twinings and Walkers'. Sounds alluring.

Fambo Number Mive

The mayor of New York has decided to copy Shoulders' idea:

QuoteNew York Mayor Bill de Blasio has announced a $100 (£75) payment for anyone getting a booster jab before the end of the year.

Buelligan

Can't be arsed to read the thread, saw this on Novara and thought it might be appropriate to post it here -