Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:45:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Louis CK special - "Sorry"

Started by dirkgonnadirk, December 18, 2021, 11:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_u_d_a_s

Quote from: Pdine on April 19, 2022, 09:33:12 AMThe problem with these polite 'I think you and your kind would be happier somewhere else' posts is that they will, if politely followed, eventually lead to a dull uniformity of opinion in the forum.

The only people who genuinely believe this are the dullest robotic contrarians who'll argue black is white for the sake of it rathr than any sincerely held belief. Y'know, maybe I'm ok living in a land exclusively populated with people who think a confessed serial abuser isn't worth listening to.

QuoteI think every poster probably has their hobby horses, and indeed the forum as a whole sometimes gets vigourously enthused by a topic (Iraq or Nathan Barley in the past, Linehan at the moment). Having read this forum for many years now, I really value the clarity and intelligence of the vast majority of posters and would regret it becoming less diverse than it currently is...

Again, "diversity of thought" is used only by those committed to defending the status quo yet believe they're brave. Louis CK's victims aren't some thought experiment for you to pontificate over, they're real people who've experienced real harm from someone who advertised his progressive credentials. It's not your place to forgive him on their behalf.

In conclusion, you're not as smart as you think you are. Your arguments are weak. I sincerely advise you to reconsider your stance.

druss

Is it okay to still enjoy Se7en? I saw it the other day and quite enjoyed it.

Replies From View

QuoteIt's a folk punishment, with an arguably justified inception but no official way of ending, beyond general boredom or forgetfulness.

If only there was some way for him to apologise or show meaningful remorse.

the science eel

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on April 18, 2022, 07:01:05 PMIt's sorely tempting to think that every man who argues against MeToo/Time'sUp/cancel culture is just paranoid about something they've done coming to light.

Don't worry, Pdine. I'm sure you'll get off scot free, just like Louis CK has.

Quote from: Pdine on April 18, 2022, 07:28:34 PMI honestly could not have asked for a better illustration of the problem; thank you! Apologies if you're caricaturing the view you're posting - it's so hard to tell :)

Yep.

I wouldn't bother, really.

Joe Qunt

Tiresome argument instigated by tiresome, boring bastards who have nothing better to do.

If you don't like Louis CK cause he did a bad wank, don't watch him. Call him a "wankbeast" if you like (even if that means relegating yourself to the level of those FBPE twats punning themselves into a stupor every time a Tory does something evil). You can even say it's wrong to watch his comedy or that he's allowed to perform. More power to you.

If you like Louis CK, especially cause he makes all the shouty people who RUINED STAR WARS mad, keep watching him. Don't try and defend exposing yourself to your colleagues, no matter how much you can relate to him. You can even get the smug satisfaction of enjoying something controversial. More power to you.

But both of you need to stay away from each other. Go play at other ends of the field, go to your respective communities and whine/fawn in peace.

up_the_hampipe

I laughed at the use of the term "bad wank" to describe what he did.

Bronzy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 20, 2022, 03:47:33 PMI laughed at the use of the term "bad wank" to describe what he did.

Terrence Malick considers rewrite.

evilcommiedictator

Quote from: Joe Qunt on April 20, 2022, 09:39:13 AMIf you don't like Louis CK cause he did a bad wank

Look, let's not bring Michael Jackson and Jimmy Saville into this, but do we need to get a picture book of the US Criminal Codes in for you, and an adult to explain what the big words mean?

Cold Meat Platter

Let him without sin cast the first jizz

Ray Travez

maybe from now on his shows could be all about the wanking? he could apologise in private and make amends. If he called his show "ladies and gentlemen, I will masturbate for you", then people know what they're going to get. he could head up the performance with a warning- "leave now, if you don't like the theme of the show. I'm going to masturbate, basically, for your entertainment. if you don't like it, you've got five minutes to leave, and you can get a refund on the way out." And then he can pleasure himself at leisure with his adoring audience. you know they're going to enjoy it too.

hopefully a big finish for the first half. Second half, maybe attack it more languidly. He's got time to fill, he's got meat to rub- the second half might take a little longer. But I don't see why that isn't an option. Why be contrite when you just love to wank?