Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,343
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:32:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Would I Lie To You: Season 15

Started by The Lurker, December 20, 2021, 04:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: the science eel on April 03, 2022, 11:08:03 AMIt was,
Spoiler alert
but I believed it all the way, and thought maybe it was an uncharacteristic (for the show) semi-serious comment on the pressures of fame. More fool me.

But it was sweet and sad more than comic, and you could almost sense a bit of relief when it turned out to be a lie.
[close]
Ardal made it work. Love that man.

Bodes well for the new series of taskmaster I thought

Famous Mortimer

Not particularly fun fact, but the trailers for the US version of WILTY?, despite featuring clips from their version of the show, have their on-screen graphic be a picture of Rob Brydon (I've also seen one of him and David Mitchell).

olliebean

Episode 1 of the US version is in the wild now. I've not watched it yet, but compared to the 50 minute Australian version, which (predictably) drags somewhat, it's a far more palatable 20 minutes. Judging from the screencap, looks like less of a carbon copy of the UK version, as well. (The set, at least, is different.)

olliebean

Richard Kind is terrific in this. They've really missed a trick by not making him a team captain. The actual US team captains are disappointingly normal - Matt Walsh in particular is just generic middle-aged sweater guy. The format is identical to the UK version, but unlike the Aussie version they've got their own set, graphics, and theme tune. I'm guessing the licensing agreement must come with the rights to all that, but not the obligation to use them.

So disappointed that Richard Kind won't be in every episode.

olliebean

I quite enjoyed the first two episodes of the US version, but it looks like whoever uploaded them has given up now, so I guess that's the end of that.

the science eel

Richard Kind the fella who plays LD's cousin in CYE?