Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Old Skool Rave Dumping Ground Pt. 2

Started by monkfromhavana, December 23, 2021, 09:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

Great tune from 1991, probably useful as a bridge between the househeads and the ravers (and Nookie sampled the Piano for 'Give A Little Love'. Love that 60s vocal sample.

monkfromhavana

This tune is currently bending my head

K. Alex Shelby - Vertigo

monkfromhavana

Quote from: waste of chops on April 21, 2022, 07:37:01 PM

Great remix, although I'm still more in favour of the original or the "Hyper" mix. Jem 77 (the artist) was comprised of 2 guys, one who was Toyah Wilcox's guitarist for ages :D

Sonny_Jim

monkfromhavana

Slamming bit of funky techno here

Nexus 21 - (Still) Life Keep's Moving (MK's In The Club Remix)

monkfromhavana

Bit of happiness from '95. Worth it for the big piano/string drop at 2.25 and the Affinity - 'Don't Go Away' vocal samples.

Happy Tunes - Let The Good Times Roll

monkfromhavana

Maybe slightly more palatable hardcore than the above, and a very unexpected release being A: from Scotland but with breakbeats and B: by being by Scott Brown & Marc Smith.

Sonny_Jim

Scott Brown was one of those artists along with Grant Nelson wherein years later I discover that I'd liked countless tunes from them over the years without realising it was them (if that makes sense).

Ah fuck, should post a tune.  Hang on rummages around in mp3 folder

monkfromhavana

Great tune, think I always preferred the original mix to the Hibrid Remix, mainly for the intro.

monkfromhavana

Fucking hell, Mark N from Nasenbluten has been crate digging in Melbourne and came across a white label 7-inch with "Energy Flash" scrawled on it. He bought it, thinking it might be some dodgy bootleg version, and was met with this:

https://www.facebook.com/688996279/videos/389764046497943/

Sonny_Jim

monkfromhavana

An old Freeform track, and probably my favourite from that relatively short-lived sub-genre.

By 1997 a group of producers were a bit sick of the piano, sing-song, cheese-fest of happy hardcore and basically set about keeping the energy and tempo but working in more trance influences. Happy-hard-trance basically.

Druid & DJ Energy - Wiggly Bom

If that's all a bit too much for you, here's a slice of classic Drum 'n' bass from the tragically unappreciated, Shogun.

Shogun - Reflex

monkfromhavana

Oh yes!

Out this month on Out Of Romford Records, Blame's remix of "Celestial Voices" by Flatliner. Took my head clean off and nice to see new music that harks back to the Omni Trio kinda stuff (Artcore, bit of tinkly piano and rough breaks)

monkfromhavana

There is just so much stuff coming out, it's hard to keep a track of

Ambiguity is great, but go straight to Komorebi for the Chris Isaak sample. Brilliant