Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:00:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Tennis 2022

Started by selectivememory, January 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vodkafone

I want Ons to win but I hope this isn't a walkover. I've nowt against Rybakina and she has an exciting forehand.

selectivememory

Vodkafone

Rybakina's head's gone. Hope she does a better job in the second set.

selectivememory

Bit nervy from Rybakina towards the end of the set, but Jabeur is looking very good at the moment.

Not a match-up entirely unlike last year's final, though Pliskova and Barty both seemed way tighter iirc. This has been a better match so far.

Vodkafone

Jabeur is unusually static after playing a drop shot, like she's thinking 'go on then, see if you can get that back'.

selectivememory

Much better from Rybakina now.

DocDaneeka

selectivememory

She often has these mid-match wobbles, especially in the big matches. She got bagelled in the Madrid final she won earlier this year. Still think (or hope) she'll play well in the final set.

Poobum

Quite funny watching Rybakina run down them drop shots, looks like she's got no chance but keeps getting there.

Cuellar

Damnit Ons get it together

Poobum

I'm on the Rybakina train. Chuggawuggachugga.

Vodkafone

This is getting tense now.

selectivememory

Too good from Rybakina. That hold of serve from 0-40 down felt decisive.

Vodkafone

Very disappointed for Ons, but hard to begrudge Rybakina, she adapted her game well. She could look a bit more pleased though.

Poobum

Rybakina showed she wasn't as one dimensional as they were trying to make out. Love the complete lack of reaction.

Cuellar

selectivememory

Shame for Ons, but can't be unhappy about Rybakina winning it. Definitely deserved if you look at who she's beaten on this run. Love the non-reaction after clinching it too.

Dex Sawash

Looks like I'm stuck watching, pissing down outside

kalowski

I don't watch tennis but it's on where I am. This Kyrgios bloke is an utter bell end.

Cuellar

Grim turgid final of predictable bollocks. Djokovic barely had to play after the first set.

dr beat

Edit: deleted

selectivememory

Nice to see Thiem finally winning some matches again. Dunno if he'll ever get back to slam-winning form, as those wrist injuries can really destroy a player's confidence, but he's been a huge loss to the tour in the last couple of years.

selectivememory

Serena has announced her imminent retirement, presumably at the US Open. Venus apparently not hanging it up just yet though.

Feel like it won't be long until Federer goes as well. I expect he'll try and play one more Wimbledon if he can, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's also retired by the end of the year.

selectivememory

Caught the end of the Evans-Paul match in the Montreal Masters. Absolutely outrageous stuff from them both. Evans has got a really big opportunity to make the final. Plays either Draper or Busta in the semis.

Been enjoying watching Haddad Maia's matches in Toronto. Taken out Fernandez, Swiatek and now Bencic this week. Something of the Kvitova to her game, some very explosive shotmaking when she's in the zone.

selectivememory

Very enjoyable final in Toronto. Haddad Maia just falling a bit short, but a heck of a run for her. Next step is to bring this form into a major.

Got to be happy for Halep though. First big title in a couple of years and it's going to be interesting to see if she's still got a slam title in her. Feel like she won't have too many more opportunities at her age. Would love to see her win one on hardcourts, having already done it on grass and clay.

selectivememory

I was rooting for Hubi in that final, but it is genuinely lovely to see someone unexpected win one of these. Also nice that Busta has won a bigger title than Kyrgios ever has, given how disparaging Nick has been about his talents in the past.

selectivememory

You been watching Garcia recently @BlodwynPig ? Pretty cool to see her playing like this again. Definitely a dark horse for the US Open.

Also cool to see Coric win a big title out of nowhere. Made it through a hell of a draw to do it.

rjd2

Quote from: selectivememory on August 21, 2022, 11:59:36 PMYou been watching Garcia recently @BlodwynPig ? Pretty cool to see her playing like this again. Definitely a dark horse for the US Open.

Also cool to see Coric win a big title out of nowhere. Made it through a hell of a draw to do it.

She has been really good last few months, which probably means she loses to Harriet Dart in the 1st round of the US Open sadly.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: selectivememory on August 21, 2022, 11:59:36 PMYou been watching Garcia recently @BlodwynPig ? Pretty cool to see her playing like this again. Definitely a dark horse for the US Open.

I have! she gave a nice interview afterwards too. Allez, naturally. Need a major now.