Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Headliners - GB News comedy

Started by sevendaughters, January 21, 2022, 05:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Late Satoru Iwata

Nice "No... YOU are!" energy in the replies:

The Late Satoru Iwata

I have no idea why every image I post is so massive. Sorry about that.

pigamus

Simon Evans was having a go at Louis Barfe the other day.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been blocked by doyle, but have no idea why. Twitter search suggests I've never tweeted at him, is he that thin-skinned he blocks people for liking people taking the piss out of him?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 22, 2022, 03:17:32 PMI have no idea why every image I post is so massive. Sorry about that.
Change your square tags to something like:

{img width=500}Mortimer Looking Gorgeous.jpg{/img}

mrspangles

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 22, 2022, 03:49:42 PMI've been blocked by doyle, but have no idea why. Twitter search suggests I've never tweeted at him, is he that thin-skinned he blocks people for liking people taking the piss out of him?

Oh yes. He's so brave and good at debating that he blocks anything that sounds like a challenge - sometimes if you're really lucky he'll quote RT you first and leave you to be harassed endlessly by his diet BNP fanbase.

A cunt, quite simply.

Sebastian Cobb

Quite annoyed I didn't get the opportunity to call him a prick, feel short-changed really.

olliebean

I imagine the Have I Got News For You writers will be watching this avidly for jokes to steal, but I doubt they'll hear anything they haven't already heard done better on Radio 4.

pigamus

Quote from: olliebean on January 22, 2022, 06:40:33 PMI imagine the Have I Got News For You writers will be watching this avidly for jokes to steal, but I doubt they'll hear anything they haven't already heard done better on Radio 4.

Up at the beginning of the sentence, down at the end :)

iamcoop

For anyone wondering why Andrew Doyle has blocked them the only thing I can think of is that it's to do with pronouns in someone's bio.

He blocked my partner on Twitter (she's doesn't know who he is and has never interacted with him) and we were trying to figure out why.

She's an academic and he also seems to have blocked a lot of other academics she knows and the only thing they had in common was they all had pronouns in their bio.

Very very odd man.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Captain Z on January 21, 2022, 06:52:53 PMOh dear, isn't this exactly the kind of left-wing, anti-Britain comedy the gammons imagine the BBC is full of?
The depth of the analysis there is On Cinema level, which made it unintentionally funny for about a minute before my eyes glazed over.

wrec

Quote from: iamcoop on January 22, 2022, 06:49:15 PMFor anyone wondering why Andrew Doyle has blocked them the only thing I can think of is that it's to do with pronouns in someone's bio.

He blocked my partner on Twitter (she's doesn't know who he is and has never interacted with him) and we were trying to figure out why.

She's an academic and he also seems to have blocked a lot of other academics she knows and the only thing they had in common was they all had pronouns in their bio.

Very very odd man.

I wonder if there's a "pronouns in bio" block list, or if there's some automated way of doing that

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: iamcoop on January 22, 2022, 06:49:15 PMFor anyone wondering why Andrew Doyle has blocked them the only thing I can think of is that it's to do with pronouns in someone's bio.

Very very odd man.

That won't be it in my case as I haven't put pronouns in my bio. Probably should really.

One of my mates has '#stayathomedad and #catdaddy' in his bio and it's fly-paper for a certain type of reactionary twat, which is precisely why he has it.

Milo

Quote from: wrec on January 22, 2022, 07:46:53 PMI wonder if there's a "pronouns in bio" block list, or if there's some automated way of doing that

Would be very easy to automate, the phrases 'he/him', 'she/her' and so on are practically never used outside that context.

Sebastian Cobb

The problem with doing that is that a lot of these cunts would fast run out of people to argue with.

Pink Gregory

Nice, so people considerate enough to have pronouns in their bio don't have to hear from a filth cunt like Doyle.

Tony Yeboah

This strikes me as the type of comedy that's really hard to do well even if you're not trying to appeal to GB News viewers. It's live but with no audience to bounce off, you are trying to come up with new, topical stuff every day at a pretty short turnaround and I doubt there's much of a pool of writers to help. I imagine they will lean on old material quite a bit but they will burn through that pretty quickly.

Catalogue Trousers

Jim Davidson's missed out again.

Quote from: The Late Satoru Iwata on January 22, 2022, 03:17:32 PMI have no idea why every image I post is so massive. Sorry about that.

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 22, 2022, 04:27:33 PMChange your square tags to something like:

Or use this button and put 500 in the width field

Johnny Yesno

Very very odd man.

Isn't it more likely to be because he's using Twitter Block Chain?

Cuellar

I can't see his tweets and I literally don't follow anyone

kalowski

Can't wait for their zingers about Fabricant saying "she's hardly someone who's obviously a Muslim" about Nusrat Ghani.

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on January 22, 2022, 04:27:33 PMChange your square tags to something like:

Quote from: Better Midlands on January 23, 2022, 01:28:34 PMOr use this button and put 500 in the width field

Very appreciated.

Mr Trumpet

FWIW I have pronouns in my bio and I'm not blocked by this Herbert

PlanktonSideburns

Hi call him a cunt quick before he notices!!

thr0b

Not sure why this show got so much attention. It's unlikely to scrape more than 5000 viewers, even for the first episode proper, it'll be dropped within a few weeks and everyone involved will carry on with their careers as if nothing ever happened.

phantom_power

But it will be more fuel for the "we can't even joke about these things any more, let alone say them" fire that these dicks live on

thr0b

Whatever the channel does will never be right-wing enough for them. The viewers are currently pissed off that they refer to Eddie Izzard as "she", which is Eddie's preferred pronoun. Though she's not bothered if she gets called "he" either.

So essentially - GB News viewers aren't happy that the channel showed someone basic respect.

up_the_hampipe