Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:02:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jackass Forever

Started by madhair60, February 05, 2022, 04:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

Just saw it, was LAFF-PACKED. The new people are great and the old guard delivered. People fell down and got hurt, lol. And got hit in the bollocks ahahaha. Don't pretend you're too good for Jackass.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

DrGreggles

Quote from: madhair60 on February 05, 2022, 04:09:58 PMJust saw it, was LAFF-PACKED. The new people are great and the old guard delivered. People fell down and got hurt, lol. And got hit in the bollocks ahahaha. Don't pretend you're too good for Jackass.

I'm too good for Jackass, but I saw it today and it's very funny.

boinks

Danger Ehren really stepped up to the plate for this one. Much as they've all always used him as the whipping boy and tormented him, this one would've been much poorer without his dedication to ball-destruction! Also...SO many dongs.

Mobius

Why isn't this on streaming

Replies From View

Maybe it'll appear on putlocker or somesuch in a few weeks

Bigfella

It's being advertised as 'exclusive to cinemas', so you'll have to either get your jacket on or look for a pirate copy.

Replies From View

Things were perfectly good when sequels went straight to VHS.  Don't know what these boys are playing at, to be honest.

QDRPHNC

Dave England is going to be / was (if you're reading this in the future) on Office Hours today.

colacentral

Quote from: boinks on February 07, 2022, 08:41:22 PMDanger Ehren really stepped up to the plate for this one. Much as they've all always used him as the whipping boy and tormented him, this one would've been much poorer without his dedication to ball-destruction! Also...SO many dongs.

It felt like it was his film.

I read through the wikis for the first three films the other day to remind myself of what was in them. I was surprised by how 90% of them are Bam / Ryan Dunn / Bam's parents scenes. They obviously needed Ehren to plug those gaps.

This is easily the best of the four films, by a long way, with "The Silence of the Lambs" probably being the highlight.

up_the_hampipe

Just got to see this in a packed cinema. So much fun, seeing a new Jackass film is an experience like no other. Agreed about Danger, he was the MVP. I thought Zack was also a good addition to the group and Rachel was fucking hardcore.

The bull scene was perhaps the worst moment, as it was so brutal for Johnny and I don't think people wanted to see it to begin with.

madhair60

QDRPHNC

Quote from: madhair60 on February 12, 2022, 09:30:32 PMPogo stick was worse

Yeah, that was absolutely brutal.

I still think the first Jackass was the best (which could mostly be nostalgia of course), but this is a very close second. And to reiterate @up_the_hampipe's point, seeing the new Jackass with a group of like-minded people in a theatre in a great experience. It was lovely to take my son, who's just turned 14 and loves the first movie, and share this new one together.

YouTube recently popped up a clip from Steve-O's podcast where Ehren talks about feeling bullied on Jackass before, and he's always come across to me as possibly the "softest" of the group, emotionally, so that wouldn't surprise me. For that reason though I've always liked him, so it was great to see him taking on a much bigger role here.

DrGreggles

'Danger' Ehren was always meant to be ironic, wasn't it?
He definitely steps up here though.

Dickie_Anders

Jackass 2 is still probably the best one imo. They do the most mental/dangerous shit there, probably owing to the fact that most of them were still heavy into drugs. The intro with the bulls is beautiful

This new one was good though. The pogo stick is possibly the worst thing they've ever done. Danger Ehren was definitely the star of this one, Steve-O and Knoxville had their moments but were a pale imitation of their former glory really

QDRPHNC

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 12, 2022, 10:39:13 PM'Danger' Ehren was always meant to be ironic, wasn't it?

Can't remember where it's from, maybe from the Jackass 2 press they did, but there was an interview with Steve-O and Pontious, and when the interviewer asks about any of the stunts being staged, Pontious said something like "we get Bam for the fake stuff", and he and Steve-O share an insider laugh.

pcsjwgm

Quote from: pcsjwgm on February 12, 2022, 11:04:29 PMSaw this yesterday. Although I was mildly disappointed that they recycled some old ideas (probably because I saw movies 1-3 for the first time fairly recently), and I hoped to see a bit more Eric Andre, I still had a great time watching this, even though the cinema was only about 20% packed. Highlights include
Spoiler alert
the "Silence of the Lambs" prank, especially the room with hanging pots and pans, and the bear scene.
[close]
And Danger Ehren is the man, I'm still having flashbacks to the
Spoiler alert
pogo stick.
[close]

By the way, I looked for this movie online (to watch the part that I missed when I went to toilet), and it seems there are only CAMrips available, so it isn't worth pirating. It's definitely worth seeing at the cinema anyway.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: madhair60 on February 12, 2022, 09:30:32 PMPogo stick was worse

Definitely rough, but there was still excitement and amusement around that. Knoxville got so badly injured by the bull and it was just ugly, no one wanted it especially when it's already been done several times. I should have clarified by "worst" I meant least enjoyable part of the movie.

Sonny_Jim

That's the recipe though, isn't it?  Got to have that 'holy shit someone nearly died' moment sprinkled in there, like the tumbling golf cart narrowly missing someones head in the first one.  I agree it isn't very enjoyable to watch, he made the same concussed 'snorts' when he got sparked out by Butterbean, it simply cannot be good for him.

Also did Steve-O fuck his vocal chords by doing too much nitrous oxide?

Replies From View

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 12, 2022, 10:37:11 PMseeing the new Jackass with a group of like-minded people in a theatre in a great experience.

I'm not sure whether other Jackass fans and I are terrifically like-minded, though.

How long before it is available to stream?

boinks

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 12, 2022, 10:39:13 PM'Danger' Ehren was always meant to be ironic, wasn't it?

Yeah definitely. He always had the 'safety first' catchphrase right from the get-go and so the others gave him the ironic 'danger' moniker I think (not helped by him doing skits like the Meter Fairy in his pink tutu). Despite that and all the bullying etc he's apparently had the most injuries/surgeries out of the whole crew. The thought of the tooth-pull breaking his cheek right up to his eyeball still makes me wince.

Goldentony

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on February 13, 2022, 07:50:07 AMAlso did Steve-O fuck his vocal chords by doing too much nitrous oxide?

vomiting for a living, I believe

Mobius

Watched this last night and keep wincing thinking about the pogo stick.... argh. If that had caught a bollock instead of just loose skin....

Good fun, didn't mind the new guys at all.

Anyone really like the bull stuff? Doesn't seem worth the risk and injury personally.

Replies From View

Quote from: boinks on February 13, 2022, 09:58:30 PMThe thought of the tooth-pull breaking his cheek right up to his eyeball still makes me wince.

The entire story behind that is horrible.  The director being aggrieved that the already-filmed tooth-pulling scene couldn't be used, so they made Ehren do it with a perfectly healthy tooth, in such a way that it completely broke his cheek bone.

I mean it comes with the job, it could be argued, but it still smacks of some sadism from the others, or at least the director, to not just drop the idea and come up with something else.

boinks

Quote from: Replies From View on February 14, 2022, 10:12:55 PMI mean it comes with the job, it could be argued, but it still smacks of some sadism from the others, or at least the director, to not just drop the idea and come up with something else.

I agree with you completely. Definitely get the feeling they've always taken advantage of him wanting them to like/respect him, you can tell they don't think he's 'cool' or fun enough (not a big enough drug problem or ego, clearly) but he does seem to be a genuinely nice person to fans etc.

madhair60

Quote from: Replies From View on February 14, 2022, 10:12:55 PMThe entire story behind that is horrible.  The director being aggrieved that the already-filmed tooth-pulling scene couldn't be used, so they made Ehren do it with a perfectly healthy tooth

Where did you hear this? The original scene was shot for Jackass Number Two, some four years earlier, with Don Vito. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard this story before.

Replies From View

Quote from: madhair60 on February 14, 2022, 10:58:47 PMWhere did you hear this? The original scene was shot for Jackass Number Two, some four years earlier, with Don Vito. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I've never heard this story before.

Exactly.  And they couldn't use it because of the sexual assault scandal around him, so they remounted it with Ehren for the third film, where they pulled out a perfectly healthy tooth and fucked up his cheek bone.

The circumstance was completely different (Bam had arranged with Don Vito that if he had his one remaining tooth pulled - which was ready to fall out anyway - then he'd get him a set of dentures) yet the director was itchy to repeat the stunt.

Edit:  I've realised you probably thought I was saying they filmed it twice with Ehren, but no I meant Don Vito's version - I couldn't remember his name though.  I could have been clearer in that post.

Replies From View

Here Steve-O talks about it, in the unlikely event that people are unaware of this:

"Danger Ehren is the permanent holder of the short straw."

Replies From View

Quote from: boinks on February 14, 2022, 10:48:14 PMI agree with you completely. Definitely get the feeling they've always taken advantage of him wanting them to like/respect him, you can tell they don't think he's 'cool' or fun enough (not a big enough drug problem or ego, clearly) but he does seem to be a genuinely nice person to fans etc.

Their tangible glee as Ehren shudders and screams in pain:

I find it genuinely upsetting.