Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Forum update - test thread

Started by Barry Admin, February 11, 2022, 02:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zomgmouse

Not too sure what to call it but I wonder if there's a way of bringing the "Cook'd and Bomb'd ► Forums ► General Bullshit ► Forum update - test thread" to the bottom of the page in addition to the top? Would be super useful for when you've just read a thread and want to go to the subforum or main forum, for example, without having to go back all the way up. All good if it's too much bother though :)

olliebean

Quote from: zomgmouse on February 12, 2022, 10:48:14 AMNot too sure what to call it but I wonder if there's a way of bringing the "Cook'd and Bomb'd ► Forums ► General Bullshit ► Forum update - test thread" to the bottom of the page in addition to the top? Would be super useful for when you've just read a thread and want to go to the subforum or main forum, for example, without having to go back all the way up. All good if it's too much bother though :)

It's always been (and still is) at the bottom as well as the top, unless my memory is letting me down.

paruses

Quote from: olliebean on February 12, 2022, 11:46:20 AMIt's always been (and still is) at the bottom as well as the top, unless my memory is letting me down.
Isn't that what the (Front Page) link was a stop gap for? Those breadcrumbs don't show for me on mobile.

GoblinAhFuckScary

RON. Fuck, this banner makes me happy. I did a really shit mock-up like this when the banner first got put up

olliebean

Quote from: paruses on February 12, 2022, 12:36:30 PMIsn't that what the (Front Page) link was a stop gap for? Those breadcrumbs don't show for me on mobile.

Sorry, I don't know about mobile - I only use the desktop site.

Dex Sawash

Really nice the way it handles non-square avatars now

Sebastian Cobb

i always forget other people see avatars

Glebe

Bernice

I'm half cut and probably missing something obvious, but is there still an 'updated topics' button I can press?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Bernice on February 12, 2022, 09:27:22 PMI'm half cut and probably missing something obvious, but is there still an 'updated topics' button I can press?

click the speech bubble icon thing to the left of the forum title

edit: or the 'updated topics' link roughly below the B on the main banner.

QDRPHNC

Icehaven

How do we start new threads? I can't find an option to do it.

Barry Admin

Quote from: icehaven on February 13, 2022, 02:16:03 AMHow do we start new threads? I can't find an option to do it.

"User actions" at the top right, then "New topic"

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'm getting a strange visual illusion with the Ron banner, kind of like that picture that simultaneously looks like a vase or a pair of faces in profile, and your brain flips between the two.

If you look at the first "C", at first it's obviously Ron encased in a big "C", but if you continue to look, it becomes Ron encased in an oval structure, with somebody pushing a disposable Bic razor against his nose.

Glebe

Text could maybe be slightly bigger/bolder? Also avatars not showing on mobile. Sorry to be a moan. It otherwise looks great and forum is loading fine!

Endicott

Avatars are showing up in landscape for me, but my phone does have quite a big screen. I'm assuming they're set too large at the moment ?

Glebe

Quote from: Endicott on February 13, 2022, 03:59:33 PMAvatars are showing up in landscape for me, but my phone does have quite a big screen.

Endicott

mothman

(I only found out this week that Jonathan Ross blocked me on Twitter, but I'm still proudest of being blocked by Joly)

Glebe

Quote from: mothman on February 13, 2022, 04:53:35 PM(I only found out this week that Jonathan Ross blocked me on Twitter, but I'm still proudest of being cock-blocked by Joly)

Butchers Blind

Why is the second 'O' in the banner oddly shaped?

shoulders

The main menu button in mobile mode seems to take up a bit of real estate on the screen while offering not that much value. Imo

zomgmouse

Quote from: olliebean on February 12, 2022, 11:46:20 AMIt's always been (and still is) at the bottom as well as the top, unless my memory is letting me down.

Yes should have clarified I meant on mobile!

Pink Gregory

apologies if it's been mentioned but I'm not seeing avatars on mobile

shiftwork2

Peter Cook's (who?) tuft of hair is taking enough of a chunk out of the second O to make it look like COCKD at first glance.  I mean it's lovely otherwise.

edit: no wrods

shoulders

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Good to see human oblong Simo on the banner. I'd love to see one where he's on his jetski.

Ferris

Love the rotating cast in the banner. Big fan.

Also I like these two buttons for new posts at the top of the page (the star and megaphone icon).

Playing a blinder here tbh.

shiftwork2

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 14, 2022, 08:52:36 AMapologies if it's been mentioned but I'm not seeing avatars on mobile

try landscape :)