Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

16 Handles: Glinner's Age of Descent

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, February 21, 2022, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: JaDanketies on February 22, 2022, 10:46:57 AMDylan Moran refused to condemn cancel culture, even when Linehan's name was invoked. Some critic said, "fuck Dylan Moran anyway, he once orchestrated the scariest night of my life, it was as bad as The Troubles." The 'scariest night of his life' was captured by Jon Ronson in a documentary, and is when the critic got his Fringe show promoted beyond its merits due to nepotism, leading to it eventually being booed by an audience that included Dylan Moran.

I just watched the Ron Jonson thing on youtube from 1998, i was really thinking halfway through "is this a wind up? This is a skit right?"

Man, can't wait for Ian Shuttleworth to go on GB News.

Just to link it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7NNt8P3g0#

Kankurette

Oh, he will be. Culture warriors always are. They got Matt Le Tissier on and I doubt his interview was about football.

kalowski

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on February 22, 2022, 09:44:12 AMI love that Glinner thinks the police have nothing better to do than come around to his house to "enforce Stonewall law". Imagine how privileged you'd have to be to believe that the police are controlled by crazy gender ideologues. THE POLICE.
There are some parts of London fully under Stonewall law. Trans run no-go areas, I expect.

kalowski

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: racecar bed indy 500 on February 22, 2022, 10:03:39 AMMan's totally lost it if he thinks the tweet quoted in his Saint Mag's tweet is even close to a homophobic, insult.
Each time he pulls out the 'No it's you who's the real homophobe, aaah' card I have to spend a minute to remember the thought process behind it because it's so tenuously linked:

Supporting trans kids == You'd rather the kid be trans than gay == gay erasure == homophobe.

Mad, innit?

phantom_power

Quote from: FalknerHinton on February 22, 2022, 11:22:56 AMYeah but he's like that in everything. His voice gets my back right up, I honestly don't know who keeps commissioning documentaries from him, let alone all his books.

Is that an joke? I was talking about Shuttleworth, not Ronson

FalknerHinton

This guy's go to be a SGB sub (if he's not a troll)

phes

Barely a peep from Linehan in 24 hours. Either something is brewing or his kid has banned him from the internet

Alberon

Liz Truss not being totally braindead for once?

Astonishing!

phantom_power

Quote from: Better Midlands on February 22, 2022, 11:49:36 AMThis guy's go to be a SGB sub (if he's not a troll)

Violence, guaranteed to be the trouble-free answer to any problem. These twats are delusional

Alberon

Quote from: phes on February 22, 2022, 11:51:40 AMBarely a peep from Linehan in 24 hours. Either something is brewing or his kid has banned him from the internet

I like to think he's getting demotivated. Gettr isn't giving him the highs Twitter did. His sockpuppets on the latter don't get the traction he was used to and even his Sordid Grief Blog is getting increasingly ignored.

Maybe he's getting to the point of just not being arsed anymore.

gilbertharding

Quote from: Kankurette on February 22, 2022, 11:27:03 AMOh, he will be. Culture warriors always are. They got Matt Le Tissier on and I doubt his interview was about football.

I'm not here to be the Shuttleworth Defender. He's almost certainly an arsehole. But he's not (AFAIK) that kind of arsehole.

JamesTC

Glinner will be calling Liz Truss a woke handmaiden any minute now.

imitationleather

If the Conservatives had women like Rosie Duffield they'd win the next election for sure!

Glebe

Men in dresses going into women's toilets makes me think of Carry On.

phes

Quote from: Alberon on February 22, 2022, 11:55:28 AMI like to think he's getting demotivated. Gettr isn't giving him the highs Twitter did. His sockpuppets on the latter don't get the traction he was used to and even his Sordid Grief Blog is getting increasingly ignored.

Maybe he's getting to the point of just not being arsed anymore.

I agree that Gettr and socks are likely a poor replacement for his twitter addiction. His income is now tied to his SGB and even someone as disorganized and incompetent as Linehan must be looking for ways to secure that income. My guess is that a lower profile and wane in shitposting likely means that whatever he's spending time doing to try to secure that income is obscured from view. The JL thing must've rocked him, given she provides half the content he monetises

Maybe he is just getting bored, sitting around drinking and asking himself where the fuck to go from here. But that's not the energy I get from his content. He's going deeper

shoulders

Quote from: GlinnerI'll make sure people remember the name...

You're a bully. You're delighted to be part of a war that provides an outlet for your bullying instincts, under cover of moral duty. We've seen it all before. Fucking pathetic.

wrec

Shuttleworth: That was the most hellish experience of my life.
Stage manager (presumably): What was? Out there?
Shuttleworth: Those 45 seconds.

Wondered if he had anything else to say about it...

Quote6/20 everyone knows critics can't do it themselves and so just delight in abusing their power (which is itself an illusion) to destroy others. Imagine such attitudes with "critic" replaced by, say, "Jew". It's THAT severe, and at least as unquestioned as that was a century ago.

7/20 (And it's not even just Brits: when I did a comedy set on the Edinburgh Fringe satirising being a critic, again, it became about WHAT I "was", and a claque was assembled to heckle me off in under 3 mins with gleeful chants of "Die! Die!"... by Dylan Moran & Sean Hughes.)

PS didn't link as some of it gets a bit personal but not to the point that he shouldn't be mocked about his Moran-related PTSD.

JaDanketies

tbf on the documentary his material seemed bad, and it didn't seem like Ronson cut it unfairly. I didn't catch any jokes in the 3 minutes he was on-stage.

Sonny_Jim

Just watched it, I did wonder if Ronson had edited the bit where his critic mate comes in and immediately starts braying with laughter to make it look as bad as possible.  Jokes were shit.  Did laugh at that Twitter thread where he accused Jon of being too busy snorting coke to notice the booing.

Acidfairy

Fisher Goes Berserk

jobotic

Quote from: Alberon on February 22, 2022, 11:52:50 AMLiz Truss not being totally braindead for once?

Astonishing!

Oops. Isn't she in The Famous Artist Birdey Rose's gallery of heroes?

buttgammon

Time to take the portrait down. You'd never get this indifference to toilet issues from a real feminist like Margaret Thatcher, who I'm sure would have traded all of the privatisations, attacks on trade unions and antagonism towards minorities to stop one single trans person from using a public toilet without harassment.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Glebe on February 22, 2022, 12:15:45 PMMen in dresses going into women's toilets makes me think of Carry On.

Hmm, while there are several instances of men in dresses in the Carry On films and lots of toilets (and one toilet factory), it appears they missed a trick by not combining the two.