Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:10:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

just had an amazing fucking idea for a CaB meet

Started by madhair60, February 24, 2022, 12:00:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chas and dave

KAEKOK
0 (0%)
KOAKER
2 (28.6%)
KAOOKK
0 (0%)
KAOOKO
1 (14.3%)
KAAAAKK
4 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 7

flotemysost

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on February 24, 2022, 11:52:58 AMhttps://rowans.co.uk/category/karaoke-2/

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 24, 2022, 03:38:12 PMI've been to Rowan's so many times and can confirm it's an absolute blast. Go on a weekend when the DJ is playing endless noughties hip hop and r'n'b for extra pissed up dancefloor fun. Plus, yeah, bowling and pool tables and a games arcade. It's basically heaven.

Agree Rowan's is a hoot, though I haven't been in a few years. Wonder if the eccentric "The Jesus"-like regular still shows up.

Apparently the Beatles performed there once, but this would obviously be loads better.

The Mollusk

madhair60

Stoneage Dinosaurs

madhair60

oh mate, piece of piss. let's absolutely do this one.

The Mollusk

YESSS

If you wanna do it in May I can only do the first two weekends (6th and 13th).

Catalogue of ills

Quote from: Pink Gregory on February 24, 2022, 02:53:35 PMI could do a reasonable Tom Waits I think, around Rain Dogs to maybe Mule Variations - could do a reasonable reading of Circus I imagine.

Not that I'd go to a meet, haven't really posted enough to be known.

I'd say you are definitely a recognisable poster.

The Mollusk

Pink Gregory I read and enjoy your posts so please come sing your arse off like a dickhead with us, ta

Pink Gregory

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 26, 2022, 12:58:04 PMPink Gregory I read and enjoy your posts so please come sing your arse off like a dickhead with us, ta

SANE, SANE, THEY'RE ALL INSANE
FIREMAN'S BLIND AND CONDUCTORS LAME
CINCINATTI JACKET AND A SAD LUCK DAY
HANGING OUT THE WINDOW WITH A BOTTLE FULL A RAIN
CLAP HANDS

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I'd only want to meet up with you people to either fight you or fuck you.

pancreas

I've had a wrestling match with kittens, so at least one of those options is possible.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Bumping this so that it actually happens because it is a very good idea and should be done

Ferris

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 24, 2022, 03:38:12 PMI've been to Rowan's so many times and can confirm it's an absolute blast. Go on a weekend when the DJ is playing endless noughties hip hop and r'n'b for extra pissed up dancefloor fun. Plus, yeah, bowling and pool tables and a games arcade. It's basically heaven.

Went to Rowan's a few years ago, got plastered, it were great.

Go to Rowan's.

flotemysost

I went a few weeks ago. Half the party got covid, and I spent the best part of the next day launching my innards into the toilet bowl. Can confirm it's still as endearingly mental as ever (from what I can remember).

Ferris

Even though it's not exactly the Viper Lounge, it's one of those slightly eccentric urban places you're in and you look around and think "well, this shouldn't be here for lots of reasons" and eventually it is knocked down and turned into flats.

Go now, while it is still there!

Ambient Sheep

I went to Rowan's with some friends a few times back in early 2015, just for the bowling.

It was great, but the bar prices were insane!

Still look out at it fondly every time I go past it on the train, though.

So yeah, I *might* be up for this, but don't expect me to do any singing...

The Mollusk

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on April 14, 2022, 01:45:42 AMI went to Rowan's with some friends a few times back in early 2015, just for the bowling.

It was great, but the bar prices were insane!

I was there recently and they've definitely levelled that out as it was fairly standard £5 London rates for a pint.

Ambient Sheep

Oh, that's good to know.

I can't remember exactly, but back in 2013 a pint of Guinness and two glasses of lemonade was like £13.50 or something.

madhair60

I'm bumping this because I'm thinking August, my friends. I'm thinking we descend on this place, this Finsbury Park Karaoke place, in fucking motherfucking August.

Zero Gravitas

You always had the whiff of someone who thinks karaoke is a good time.

bgmnts

I don't drink so yeah would be a miserable time. Karaoke you need to be especially drunk for for some reason.

madhair60

Pink Gregory

oh man,

non zero chance I could go to this

non capisco

If it's a weekend I'm available I'm still bang up for this.

madhair60

Pink Gregory

have just been informed that there is in fact, a zero chance that I can go.

off to weep in the shower alright cheers

boki

Quote from: madhair60 on February 24, 2022, 12:00:34 AMright.

here goes.

(takes deep breath)

CaB KARAOKE NIGHT

register interest
Sounds shit, mate.

HTH.

The Lurker

I'm in London for a few days in August (26th-29th). Love a bit of karaoke, me. I can't sing though so to save myself the embarrassment, I'll probably just go to some museums or some shit.

The Mollusk

I can only do Saturday 13th. Please don't feel as though you have to bend over backwards to make it that date because you desperately want me there, much as I know you do. If it's any other date I won't mind, honestly. I'm very humble like that, I'll take one for the team. But you'll never get to hear my "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and honestly if you knew what you were missing out on then, well... no, I shan't sat any more. Do as you will.