Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,352
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 05:06:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Achewood - The Great Outdoor Fight

Started by Pink Gregory, March 01, 2022, 11:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

idunnosomename

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 07, 2022, 01:55:40 PM(in my mind Phillipe is squeakier but who cares)
oh exactly. but the Phillipe voice is so pure. wonderful stuff. shame nothing more came of it. would've made a good series of Adult Swim bumpers if nothing else. Do remember when this came out and people were like "oh!" then it was just like "nothing"

sevendaughters

Thought the test footage mostly was bad and the voices mostly awful. Onstad is such a strong writer that I heard their voices in print in quite a powerful way.

Video Game Fan 2000

The zines were brilliant. Beef's interview with the German neighbour.

Ideally any reprint or omnibus of Achewood would include them as feelies,  a rare case of having the physical objects making something funnier. I don't know how Onstad did it, getting that much suspension of disbelief out of a fucking webcomic about cats and stuffed animals. I treasure all the Achewood stuff we have. Unfortunately our Cook's Set got lost in the post...

The Mollusk

Quote from: sevendaughters on March 09, 2022, 08:42:20 AMThought the test footage mostly was bad and the voices mostly awful. Onstad is such a strong writer that I heard their voices in print in quite a powerful way.

Yeah totally. Got to semi-agree with @Pink Gregory that Onstad's voice for Beef felt spot on, although for me Ray sounded pretty poor. He's such a huge personality you can't really afford to fuck that up but unfortunately they did.

The semi-3D animation wasn't nice to look at either. Should have kept it 2D, and in black and white, with speech bubbles instead of recorded dialogue and in a non-televised print format.

Pink Gregory

Yeah, I think the problem is that if you read dialogue straight from the comic it just sounds like you're...reading dialogue out of a comic.

Definitely more of a curio

The Mollusk

Currently coming to terms with the realisation that I don't actually hear any type of characterised voice in my head whatsoever when I read stuff. I just see words. What the fuck, is that just me?

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 10, 2022, 07:48:55 AMYeah totally. Got to semi-agree with @Pink Gregory that Onstad's voice for Beef felt spot on, although for me Ray sounded pretty poor. He's such a huge personality you can't really afford to fuck that up but unfortunately they did.

The semi-3D animation wasn't nice to look at either. Should have kept it 2D, and in black and white, with speech bubbles instead of recorded dialogue and in a non-televised print format.

Yeah, Huss was a good choice for Ray on paper, but somehow he just didn't sound convincing, like he hadn't quite got into the weird rhythm of Onstad's dialogue. Put it down to poor direction, maybe.

I always thought it should've been really lo-fi, scratchy 2D hand drawn animation like the old Migraine Boy bumpers from early 90s MTV.

PlanktonSideburns

Going to try and dig up my GOF comic from the family home this weekend, maybe try and find my childhood drum while I'm on it

Pink Gregory

Thinking about Little Nephew trolling the Burger King chat room

"i have had whoper"

imitationleather

Read through quite a lot of this now.

It's good stuff. Probably should've got into it a long time ago, but what can you do?

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 26, 2022, 11:21:51 PMThinking about Little Nephew trolling the Burger King chat room

"i have had whoper"

"This is your first onion offence.. "

The Mollusk

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 26, 2022, 11:21:51 PMThinking about Little Nephew trolling the Burger King chat room

"i have had whoper"

I thought about that one recently as well and started getting pangs of regret at starting a new account here as The Mollusk when it really should have been tha_snazzle

Pink Gregory

If I ever sign up to a forum again it might be some variant of 'The Dude Has Got No Mercy'