Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:02:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stewart Lee nearly killed onstage

Started by lazyhour, March 07, 2022, 11:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Any idea why the show was called Snowflake Tornado but performed as Tornado Snowflake, has Stew ever addressed this?

Twilkes

Does anyone know who did the 'comedy radar' intro on the Standup Comedian dvd? Back then I'd always assumed it was Simon Munnery but don't think it is, and it doesn't sound like anyone associated with The Stand back then, so maybe it was a support act at the time? Sounded too comfortable to be an admin/tech person on the show.

Magnum Valentino

Oh it's very clearly The Actor Kevin Eldon, even if the annotation in How I Escaped My Certain Fate doesn't address it.

Ferris

Haven't heard it in some time but think I would have noticed The Actor Kevin Eldon. I always assumed it was some random compere at the Comedy Store or wherever it was recorded.

Magnum Valentino

It is absolutely Kevin Eldon, no mistaking him.

It's absolutely Eldon, albeit in character as Paul Hamilton

Ferris

Then mystery solved. I'd take your certainty over my half-remembered nothing any day.

Edit: just went and found it, it's so weird that I can barely hear The Actor Kevin Eldon in that intro at all. I'm sure you're right, so I'll pretend it's because he's in character or something and anyway I don't have headphones on.

Twilkes

amateur

This whole thread of AI Fringe posters for comedians is obviously genius, but Stew's is pure Wheeltappers and Shunters.

DrGreggles

Captain Z

I am Stweer, and don't call me Shrlie

Gurke and Hare

Captain Z

This popped up in my Youtube recommendations (recorded a couple of weeks back), and was a lot of fun:

Not heard of Rosie Holt before but she plays a good character, giving Stew lots to bounce off.

Finally watched Tornado having being put off from doing so by the mixed reaction on here and ended up in pain from laughing so much.

neveragain

Never let critics put you off. If you want to watch something, watch it.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on December 15, 2022, 11:30:52 AMFinally watched Tornado having being put off from doing so by the mixed reaction on here and ended up in pain from laughing so much.

Same. Also did anyone else notice when he is doing some mock hysterical laughing he says, 'HA HA RAPE'? (An old CaB meme, to elucidate for the less aged)

kalowski

Quote from: neveragain on December 15, 2022, 10:37:53 PMNever let critics put you off. If you want to watch something, watch it.
Yeah, and have a good time all the time.

Just listening to him on the Ace Records Podcast. He's certainly doing the podcast rounds at the minute.

Ferris

Is he still pretending not to know what podcasts are?

Magnum Valentino

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Minneapolis Fuckhat on December 16, 2022, 08:31:18 AMJust listening to him on the Ace Records Podcast. He's certainly doing the podcast rounds at the minute.

I really enjoyed that, ta for the recommendation.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Ferris on December 16, 2022, 09:11:45 AMIs he still pretending not to know what podcasts are?

I think that was 'a bit' he did for his own amusement, but he's presumably grown bored of it now. Or maybe he genuinely has worked out what podcasts are, after appearing on dozens of them during the last two years.