Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:11:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buelligan

Quote from: dothestrand on June 24, 2022, 09:15:23 PMLab last had this kind of result in Wakefield in 2001 - it's been far more marginal since. I'm sure some will want to spin it as though it was a cakewalk and a perfect storm coming together, but you've still got to win as it comprehensively as they did.

Looks like someone is about to get egg (flour and sugar) on their face.

Starmer's an appalling cunt btw but I think you know that.

Ferris

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 24, 2022, 02:12:09 PMIds' have added two new parts to their Adam Curtis parody in the last few days!
https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1540321325952139264

These are dead good. Never heard of them before, watched the lot in one go.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 24, 2022, 02:12:09 PMIds' have added two new parts to their Adam Curtis parody in the last few days!
https://twitter.com/TheIDSmiths/status/1540321325952139264

Blimey! They've added about nine since I last looked and they are quality.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Thomas on June 23, 2022, 09:47:23 AMCorbyn done a interview for Declassified UK, talking quite frankly about, among other things, Starmer and anti-Semitism -

https://declassifieduk.org/exclusive-jeremy-corbyn-on-the-establishment-campaign-to-stop-him-becoming-pm/

That's a good interview.

Video also here:

Jeremy Corbyn on the establishment campaign to stop him becoming Prime Minister: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXfoKJEqRPs

shoulders

Quote from: dothestrand on June 24, 2022, 09:15:23 PMLab last had this kind of result in Wakefield in 2001 - it's been far more marginal since. I'm sure some will want to spin it as though it was a cakewalk and a perfect storm coming together, but you've still got to win as it comprehensively as they did.

Helps if the incumbents vote collapses altogether of course.

idunnosomename

Clearly all Starmer needs to do is out more tory MPs as paedophiles

Paul Calf

Well, they're not exactly careful so it might be a plan...

Fambo Number Mive

He should team up with a paedo hunting group to expose Tory MP nonces.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteAs several Labour MPs defied leader Sir Keir Starmer's warning not to join picket lines during the rail strike, Mr Lammy said he expected the chief whip would speak to them and remind them that "a serious party of government does not join picket lines".

Contempable.

Wonder how many votes Labour will lose from trade union members disgusted with the lack of solidarity. Some on the right of Labour seem to think trade unionists will vote for the party no matter what. I predict an upturn in the TUSC and Green vote.

greencalx

I think the more interesting question might be whether more unions decide to disaffiliate because of this stance.

I happen to be making a long journey by train today, and a number of passengers have struck up conversations with the staff about the industrial action, with a generally supportive attitude.

Sebastian Cobb

The strikes are more popular with the public than Labour lol

Fambo Number Mive

Lammy has also said he does not support the strikes by BA staff.

Buelligan

Lammy's an awful cunt with a terrible whiney hectoring voice.  There, I've said it.

Fambo Number Mive

Good to see Abbott call Lammy out on his bullshit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on June 26, 2022, 01:54:45 PMLammy's an awful cunt with a terrible whiney hectoring voice.  There, I've said it.

You're not wrong.

bgmnts

Quote from: Buelligan on June 26, 2022, 01:54:45 PMLammy's an awful cunt with a terrible whiney hectoring voice.  There, I've said it.

Ace of Spades is a top song though to be fair.

Sebastian Cobb

That gave me the fleeting thought to see what Clive had to say. First tweet on tl: https://mobile.twitter.com/labourlewis/status/1539914891456385025

Conclusion: good egg.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on June 26, 2022, 01:13:54 PMContempable.

Wonder how many votes Labour will lose from trade union members disgusted with the lack of solidarity. Some on the right of Labour seem to think trade unionists will vote for the party no matter what. I predict an upturn in the TUSC and Green vote.

Funnily enough people have dug up numerous pictures of Lammy on pickets in the past. Absolute bellend.

Psybro

Are BA not private sector employees?  And if so, what's Lammy got to do with what they do?

shoulders

Also, the demand is for their salary to match inflation. Currently, not even to match inflation. Hardly greedy.

king_tubby

And they got stuffed on fire/re-hire over Covid, greatly reducing their earnings. I remember when Keith said fire/re-hire was bad.

idunnosomename

it's getting the 10% back they agreed to take under reduced trade under COVID

Lammy is good on social justice issues but he's showing himself to be a complete clueless cunt with this. I mean, it's wrong obviously, but it won't endear him to anyone either.

He'll get some post-parliament lobbying for something awful, i dont know, paedophile fruit machines or something

Psybro

I didn't have it in for Lammy two years ago and that has changed entirely due to things that have come out his own mouth.

idunnosomename

well he didn't undermine Corbyn, but he also publicly apologised late last year for nominating him as comedy lefty candidate to a Zionist conference. he has principles, but if you don't like them, he has others

Sebastian Cobb

They sound less like principles and more like a sock moving in the direction of the wind tbh mate.

idunnosomename

yeah sorry he wouldnt use that quote because Groucho Marx is toxic in the red wall

Ferris

Quote from: idunnosomename on June 26, 2022, 11:30:41 PMyeah sorry he wouldnt use that quote because Groucho Marx is toxic in the red wall

Knew you were one of them.

king_tubby

Lammy's 'we're all feeling the pinch' rings a bit hollow on his 80k plus that again for his media jobs.

shoulders

Crispin Flintoff (aka Not PMQs) expelled from Labour by the NEC.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: shoulders on June 27, 2022, 10:12:15 AMCrispin Flintoff (aka Not PMQs) expelled from Labour by the NEC.

Link? I can't find anything recent - he was expelled in 2021. Also, he was Not the Andrew Marr Show, wasn't he?

Edit: Oh, I see, he was suspended in Dec 2021.