Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Starmer VIII: Labour will set you free

Started by pancreas, March 16, 2022, 08:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

I received an email from their mailing list.

QuoteHi

After the high of interviewing Mick Lynch yesterday morning live from an NHS picket line in South London, I came down to earth with an email from Labour saying I have been expelled from the party.

From the beginning of lockdown I tried to keep people together in the party who were isolated by Covid restrictions and we have uncovered many Labour members who have been unfairly treated by party bureaucrats. Decent people who have been smeared, abused and bullied. I called it out.

In April, the Labour Party's solicitors sent me a threatening letter that called on me to stop featuring Ben Timberley's investigation into party officials. They also sent me a notice of expulsion letter for threatening a member of Labour staff.

Last Wednesday a panel of NEC members met and decided to terminate my membership of the party.

I'd be honoured if you would join me for my Expulsion Lunch on Wednesday's Not PMQs (1-2pm).

Ben Timberley will also be back with another investigation in Behind Labour. And we will also feature music, poetry and book recommendations. It certainly won't be all doom and gloom.

Register to receive a Zoom link.

All the best

Crispin Flintoff
Not PMQs

Presume the suspension was back in December and here is the decision?

Buelligan

It's been said many times but, if you're ever thinking about this Labour lot being preferable to cunts like Priti Patel, imagine them running the Home Office.  Or Mi5.  Frightening.

Ferris

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: shoulders on June 27, 2022, 11:38:31 AMI received an email from their mailing list.

Blimey! Thanks. That was worth posting as, for example, I've not heard of Ben Timberley.

QuotePresume the suspension was back in December and here is the decision?

Looks like it, yes.

shoulders

KennyMonster

I think the term "undead" describes the current status of the party rather than alive.

Fambo Number Mive

I wonder if the Labour Party, which has lasted since 1900, will be like Change UK in five years thanks to Kier Starmer.

Sebastian Cobb

QuoteNEW: Keir Starmer confirms he has ditched the 2019 manifesto in a move that will enrage his critics on the left of the party:

"What we've done with the last manifesto is put it to one side. We're starting from scratch. The slate is wiped clean."

#NSPoliticsLive

https://twitter.com/freddiejh8/status/1541722214420123648

"Starmer is a liar" won't be news to anyone here, but I suppose it's nice it's official.

idunnosomename

Consider the labour party doesnt support workers witholding their labour anymore hes wiped it clean back to 1900.

It's funny how the Labour party will be destroyed by a Keir. It's like Pope Peter II and Emperor Romulus Augustus

He really didn't need to say it tbh. That this awful cunt will offer us nothing (and expect us to be grateful) was apparent within five minutes of him gaining control.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: KennyMonster on June 28, 2022, 10:25:36 AMI think the term "undead" describes the current status of the party rather than alive.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.

Fambo Number Mive

The sheer hypocrisy of Tory MPs mocking Starmer for the alleged party at a time when we weren't in lockdown, when the Tory PM and other Tory politicans did far worse during lockdown.

shoulders

I wonder what this summer of industrial action would have been like with a Labour Party led by Corbyn inevitably supporting the workers. Stereo broadcasting in terms of exposure, normalisation of views long pushed to the periphery. A members movement that could be called out onto the street. Might have been a catalyst.

lipsink

"Nobody Does It Better?
Mr Speaker. LABOUR WOULD DO IT BETTER!!!"
(Escapes in Union Jack parachute)

Key

Banterboy in the middle there who'd never dream of defecting to the Labour Party... has already been kicked out of it once.

Also he's the same guy who thinks we should shut down food banks cause anybody can live on 30p a day. Prime Starmer material.

Blinder Data

Starmer's slogans seem to be catching on, finally...

(Xi Jinping photo taken today)

Who knew you could actually change public opinion, as the leaders of this strike seem to have done, rather than merely reflecting the public's worst instincts back at them.

Zero Gravitas

This is a good sign, strikes tend to move from disapproval to approval as anger over initial inconvenience transforms into a wider understanding of the workers grievances.

It'll be depressing if this causes a Labour party doctrine shift in general, depressing but 110% expected.

Psybro

That's interesting, I had assumed this is a honeymoon period and that as more people are directly inconvenienced over time, their sympathy would erode.  Be good if that's not the case at all.

jobotic

Yeah the support for the strikes and understanding of the reasons behind them is great.

What's pathetic is Lammy and his initial revolting comments about the BA workers followed by his apology that has clearly come after polls have been looked at and whoever runs Labour realised that it wasn't a good look.

Nothing people.

greencalx

As I mentioned before, there was a lot of warmth emanating from passengers on the train I was on on Sunday - and not just because they'd been out in the sun.

Johnny Yesno

I think a lot of the shift is down to Mick Lynch's simple message of 'Our workers are getting poorer and our jobs, as well as public safety, are at risk'. Also, connecting it with the declining wages and conditions of all workers while demonstrating that mainstream media interviewers simply aren't up to giving any kind of analysis themselves.

jobotic

Yeah I went up to Nottingham Friday and came back on Sunday and it was the same. Trains were busy and a bit twanged up on the way up but no one was blaming strikers.

Maybe the general public need to grow up and prepare for government instead of acting like sixth formers.

Johnny Yesno

Buelligan

The Labour Party have so successfully shat on their own brand, I can't imagine anyone voting for them - other than to ensure a power-sharing agreement with the LDs that Ed Davey uses to force through PR.  That's the best that Britain can hope for. 

What a time to be alive.