Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Comic Relief 2022 [split topic]

Started by confettiinmyhair, March 19, 2022, 07:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egyptian Feast

Quote from: mjwilson on March 20, 2022, 04:06:24 PMI dimly remember a Comic Relief which featured (or possibly was followed by) a bunch of Monty Python sketches. At that time I only really knew Python from the albums, so that was a great bit of exposure of previously unknown material for me. (Scott of the Sahara was in there I think.)

I believe that was 1988, the one where Loadsamoney died. The night ended with Henry, Jones and Ross in a bed, followed by a Monty Python compilation (including Scott) and The Young Ones 'Bambi' IIRC.

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on March 20, 2022, 09:36:50 PMI believe that was 1988, the one where Loadsamoney died. The night ended with Henry, Jones and Ross in a bed, followed by a Monty Python compilation (including Scott) and The Young Ones 'Bambi' IIRC.

I think the compilation was the 1971 Montreux Special. I don't remember Bambi being on, but by 11.20 I would have turned over to BBC2 to watch the inaccurately named Midnight Movie showing of Them!

DrGreggles

Quote from: Egyptian Feast on March 20, 2022, 09:36:50 PMI believe that was 1988, the one where Loadsamoney died. The night ended with Henry, Jones and Ross in a bed, followed by a Monty Python compilation (including Scott) and The Young Ones 'Bambi' IIRC.

That was either '88 or '89. I had both taped - probably still do somewhere.

Ascent

The Alan Partridge bits were often the highlight moments for me on Comic Relief. I still watch the Kate Bush medley all the time.

"Rolling the ball, rolling the ball. Come on join in!" The bit where he acts out climbing in through the window in Wuthering Heights. The falsetto and octave drop in Don't Give Up. Amazing.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 20, 2022, 09:38:40 AMCan't believe it's been going since 1986

You'd have thought they'd have met the target by now eh

Norton Canes

Partridge excepted, the best Comic Relief thing ever?

somersetchris

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 20, 2022, 10:41:03 PMThat was either '88 or '89. I had both taped - probably still do somewhere.

If anyone's got tapes and they're still in good nick (any trace of mould will ruin a VCR), I can digitise them. Not sure if they'd be uploadable onto YouTube due to copyright, but I can share them on Dropbox or whatever.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on March 20, 2022, 12:02:51 PMIt doesn't help that the in-studio comedy bits usually died a death with the audience when interspersed with heartstring-tugging montages of dying children, even if they aren't actually half bad, hence the like of Vic & Bob, Adam & Joe and Mitchell & Webb dying on their arse when they were on.

A&J? Really?

imitationleather

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 20, 2022, 09:38:40 AMCan't believe it's been going since 1986

I often think exactly the same about myself.