Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins dead at 50

Started by Nowhere Man, March 26, 2022, 06:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nowhere Man

Sad news, honestly I'm not really much of a Foo Fighters fan but from interviews and bits I've seen of this guy he seemed like a great bunch of lads. He did a great job on that vocal on 'Holy Man' on the re-issue of Dennis Wilsons' Pacific Ocean Blue

the science eel

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the band either but he was a great drummer and always came across as a very likeable, good-humoured sort. Bit of a shock - and they're not saying anything about the cause of death. Think the FFs were on tour too - or were about to start.

RIP

Pink Gregory

christ, only 50.

Guess that life fucks you a bit.

sevendaughters

Sick drummer. Used to play for Ozzy, I know he really loved him. Saw the Foos live as a teen and there was just a lot of joy on the stage.

iamcoop

I've got another confession to make - I am dead

touchingcloth

Twit 2

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 26, 2022, 06:31:56 AMchrist, only 50.

I assume it was a drug-related death, which explains your first sentence and validates the second.

vanilla.coffee

Quote from: Twit 2 on March 26, 2022, 08:45:04 AMI assume it was a drug-related death, which explains your first sentence and validates the second.

Pfizer I think.

Thursday

Ahh fuck, hadn't even listened to Foo Fighters beyond a certain era, but that's so sad to hear. Just the fact that they seemed to have a good sense of humor and were willing to make themselves look daft in music videos counted for a lot at a time.

Twit 2

Quote from: vanilla.coffee on March 26, 2022, 08:47:18 AMPfizer I think.

Ah, fair play. Knew he had some issues with the demon smack in the past and made an assumption.

Icehaven

Blimey, that's a shock. They're on tour as well so it's obviously sudden/unexpected.

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 26, 2022, 06:31:56 AMchrist, only 50.

This is true, but he looked extremely well for 50. Spose that doesn't always mean you are though.

Chicory

I'm still very fond of the first two Foos albums, no matter how unfashionable they might be now.  'Everlong' is a goliath of a thing and the video perfectly showcases that goofy humour they all too briefly harnessed.  Hawkins was a big part of that and seemed like a super bloke.  Very sad news.

famethrowa

I really wonder what happened? Drugs, suicide, covid, a Saget situation?? Shocked. And stunned.

I'm a big fan of the song Generator and the drums make it super fun. I assume it was Taylor playing on that song, the fills are quite Stewart Copeland-ish, apparently Hawkins was a big fan.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: famethrowa on March 26, 2022, 09:38:49 AMI really wonder what happened? Drugs, suicide, covid, a Saget situation??

OD on teeth whitening products.

thugler

I'd assume overdose as he had one before. Think he'd gone sober so presumably a relapse. Was always something quite childlike about him i thought and grohl seemed like someone he looked to for approval.

Don't want to be a downer but i think hawkins only recorded with them from turn 3rd album. I'm a big fan of those first two records also.

Butchers Blind

Maybe he finally saw that movie they made and it was all too much for him.

idunnosomename

Quote from: the science eel on March 26, 2022, 06:28:16 AMYeah, I'm not a huge fan of the band either but he was a great drummer and always came across as a very likeable, good-humoured sort. Bit of a shock - and they're not saying anything about the cause of death. Think the FFs were on tour too - or were about to start.
they were supposed to close the main stage first night of Festival Estéreo in Bogata 9 hours ago. that they weren't going to be playing only seemed to be announced about an hour before. pretty astounding stuff. their gear was out and everything I think

https://www.festivalestereopicnic.com/#/horarios

This is their last set. seems a bit mean to chime in with "not a fan" again, but they do seem a fun band live. note Hawkins sings the Queen cover while Grohl drums for it

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/foo-fighters/2022/hipodromo-de-san-isidro-san-isidro-argentina-5b892348.html

and here he is singing Somebody to Love last Friday

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Not even the best drummer in the Foo Fighters.

Icehaven

Glebe

This was a shock to hear. So young too. RIP TH.

As said above, always seemed like a great bunch of lad. RIP

idunnosomename

look I know he's had a heroin overdose (over twenty years ago) and Colombia has a lot of drugs, but I bet this is fucking synthetic opioids again

badaids

If only there was another drummer in the band.

jobotic

I said when my partner told me this morning (she was a fan when younger) "was he also the drummer in Nirvana?".

Doh!

Too many people having fatal heart attacks in their early fifties including one of my best friends. Shite.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

That's two so far. Whom shall Grohl kill next?

badaids

He's not even the best Hawkins, Sophie B Hawkins is.

Butchers Blind

If I was a bassist, I'd be wary of being around Grohl from now on.