Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,341
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 02:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins dead at 50

Started by Nowhere Man, March 26, 2022, 06:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badaids

Can't they just pull a drummer out of the the crowd and get him to fill in?

SteveDave

I saw a film last week where Grohl killed everyone so this isn't a shock.

JamesTC

He looked well fit as the air hostess in Learn to Fly.

badaids

The bit I like best is when he was Alanis's drummer, and then when he joined Foo Fighters Grohl wouldn't let him drum on the records.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Real name Oliver Hawkins, yet he decided to go with his middle name of Taylor? Must be an American thing. I just don't think Taylor is a very good name.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 26, 2022, 09:36:21 PMlook I know he's had a heroin overdose (over twenty years ago) and Colombia has a lot of drugs, but I bet this is fucking synthetic opioids again

Yup, seems like it. "THC, tricyclic antidepressants, benzodiazepines and opioids" in his system. I can't even remember the last good old fashioned heroin overdose we've had, it's always been the prescription meds since Heath Ledger.

In the US, doctors prescribe oxycodone for anything they can get away with. It's ridiculously easy to get, and they don't do nearly enough to warn you how addictive it quickly becomes. Despite the opioid crisis, I think all that's really changed is the wording on the instructions label.

Proactive

Honestly don't think I've ever heard a Foo Fighters song in my life. Mad innit.

Quote from: Proactive on March 27, 2022, 08:03:13 AMHonestly don't think I've ever heard a Foo Fighters song in my life. Mad innit.

That's incredibly unlikely.

timebug

Not so unlikely, 'cos I have never heard one of their songs either!

Proactive

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 27, 2022, 08:28:58 AMThat's incredibly unlikely.
The closest I would have come is a TV ad for one of their albums or background music on a TV programme. Put it this way, I don't know the names of any songs, couldn't hum a riff or anything like that.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Proactive on March 27, 2022, 09:09:45 AMThe closest I would have come is a TV ad for one of their albums or background music on a TV programme. Put it this way, I don't know the names of any songs, couldn't hum a riff or anything like that.

Great, thanks for your valuable input

Proactive

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: badaids on March 26, 2022, 11:39:03 PMThe bit I like best is when he was Alanis's drummer, and then when he joined Foo Fighters Grohl wouldn't let him drum on the records.

Taylor wasn't up to it by his own admission. The way you've put it paints Grohl in a really bad light.

badaids

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 27, 2022, 11:51:06 AMTaylor wasn't up to it by his own admission. The way you've put it paints Grohl in a really bad light.

I know, it's good isn't it?

Famous Mortimer

It feels like he personally shagged several of your mums, judging by the open hatred in this thread.

jobotic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I don't think being in Foo Fighters does your health much good in general, considering they seem to be on tour for about 300 days a year. Look at any rock festival line up anywhere in the world and there's a fairly good chance they'll be on it.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 27, 2022, 02:18:41 PMIt feels like he personally shagged several of your mums, judging by the open hatred in this thread.

Yeah it's a pretty pathetic attitude tbh

badaids

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on March 27, 2022, 02:18:41 PMIt feels like he personally shagged several of your mums, judging by the open hatred in this thread.

I don't hate him at all, I'm just being a twat.  As it happens I like him a lot more than I do my mother.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: badaids on March 27, 2022, 05:11:00 PMI don't hate him at all, I'm just being a twat.  As it happens I like him a lot more than I do my mother.

And how often do you do your mother?

I used to think Dave Grohl played the drums on all their recordings, with this guy brought in for the live shows. RIP.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 26, 2022, 09:53:40 PMThat's two so far. Whom shall Grohl kill next?

...never send to know for whom the bell Grohls; it tolls for thee.

Shaky

Quote from: badaids on March 26, 2022, 11:39:03 PMThe bit I like best is when he was Alanis's drummer, and then when he joined Foo Fighters Grohl wouldn't let him drum on the records.

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 27, 2022, 11:51:06 AMTaylor wasn't up to it by his own admission. The way you've put it paints Grohl in a really bad light.

Yeah, it was the previous drummer he did that to.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 26, 2022, 09:53:40 PMThat's two so far. Whom shall Grohl kill next?
Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 26, 2022, 11:20:16 PMIf I was a bassist, I'd be wary of being around Grohl from now on.
The Passion of the Krist

Harvey Milk

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 27, 2022, 05:01:17 PMYeah it's a pretty pathetic attitude tbh

Bald phimosis men think they're too cool for Foo Fighters.

The Mollusk

I am balding and am circumsiced as a result of phimosis so I take some solace in being able to break free from the herd

The first album was aaaalright, but I didn't feel the need to come back for more after that.
I was big into nirvana and really liked marigold so I desperately wanted it to be great.

It's stadium rock by numbers the stuff I've heard since. My dad and my sister play their cd's in their cars, that's how big and bland they are now. I don't mind stuff not being cool, but it's so pedestrian, it's like soft rock elevator music.

I did have phimosis, but I fixed that myself with a bit of nous and some elbow grease. Still have all my hair, though it's going pretty grey.

popcorn

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on March 27, 2022, 07:44:06 AMI can't even remember the last good old fashioned heroin overdose we've had, it's always been the prescription meds since Heath Ledger.

Philip Seymour Hoffman

ProvanFan