Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:34:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins dead at 50

Started by Nowhere Man, March 26, 2022, 06:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

My boss was supposed to be going to see them in June and as of yesterday morning she was assuming the gig would still be on and they'd just get another drummer in. I was quite surprised that it hadn't even occurred to her the whole tour would probably end up being cancelled, and a few hours later it was. 

idunnosomename

ANOTHER drummer? How many do they need?

But yeah wouldnt be surprised if they wound the band up after this shock. Of course even they wont know at the moment how things will go forward.

Man they tour a lot though. As an act they must be worth a fortune

PaulTMA

Icehaven

And if they do keep going they won't be back touring for a while I'd imagine. Even if they've the best intentions to carry on in a "It's what he would have wanted" tribute type way they still have to allow themselves a chance to grieve and come to terms with what happened. Jumping back on the road a few months later would just be weird and probably very upsetting for all involved.

Indomitable Spirit

Yeah, I'm absolutely sure they will continue after a respectful hiatus. Dave is very much a true believer in the inspirational power of rock n roll, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want to commemorate his friend's passing with at least another record and tour in his honour once the dust has settled.

iamcoop

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on March 30, 2022, 01:00:48 PMYeah, I'm absolutely sure they will continue after a respectful hiatus. Dave is very much a true believer in the inspirational power of rock n roll, so I can't imagine he wouldn't want to commemorate his friend's passing with at least another record and tour in his honour once the dust has settled.

He'll probably do a bunch of stuff with other people for a couple of years before doing more Foo Fighters stuff.

He seemed pretty down for a while after Nirvana ended and I'd wager he was way closer to Taylor than he ever was to Kurt.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's another Them Crooked Vultures album at some point, or he'll drum with Queens again for a bit. (That would be good, maybe his input would make them be not shit again). Anyway, if that does happen cheers Taylor.

famethrowa

How would Dave tell Kurt about anything? IS DAVE DEAD NOW TOO??

the science eel

I'm sure there's a lot of ROCK DOCS for him to appear in

The Mollusk

Quote from: famethrowa on March 30, 2022, 01:11:25 PMHow would Dave tell Kurt about anything? IS DAVE DEAD NOW TOO??

Do you know nothing of the power of prayer??

idunnosomename

They've joined human instrumentality. Not how they're saying the same thing simultaneously

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Chicory

famethrowa

famethrowa

DrGreggles

SteveDave

Quote from: famethrowa on March 30, 2022, 01:11:25 PMHow would Dave tell Kurt about anything? IS DAVE DEAD NOW TOO??

The Dave in question is in fact, David Guest, not Grohl as you thought.

famethrowa

Quote from: SteveDave on March 31, 2022, 02:41:41 PMThe Dave in question is in fact, David Guest, not Grohl as you thought.

Speaking of craniofacial surgery

SteveDave

His tribute concert at Wembley Stadium will feature a special guest appearance from everyone's favourite transphobe Dave Chappelle!

Head Gardener

famethrowa

SteveDave

Has he got the raper from "Revenge Of The Nerds" on his bass drum? Cancelled.

bgmnts

holyzombiejesus

A mouthwatering lineup there.

At least Chrissie Hynde won't have to share the womens bogs with anyone.

Famous Mortimer

Unless there was a collaboration I'm unaware of, seems odd to feature the two non-drumming members of Rush in a tribute for a drummer. Well, it would be even odder if they invited Rush's drummer, I suppose.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

A proper tribute would be loads of drummers on stage at once, all drumming along to that Foo Fighters song. You know the one. I've no idea what it's called.
Then Ringo could come on and do a solo drum.

bgmnts

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 22, 2022, 02:18:33 PMUnless there was a collaboration I'm unaware of, seems odd to feature the two non-drumming members of Rush in a tribute for a drummer. Well, it would be even odder if they invited Rush's drummer, I suppose.

Neil Peart's exhumed corpse being made to do a 20 minute drum solo as a puppet on strings. Yes please.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 22, 2022, 02:18:33 PMUnless there was a collaboration I'm unaware of, seems odd to feature the two non-drumming members of Rush in a tribute for a drummer. Well, it would be even odder if they invited Rush's drummer, I suppose.
Foo Fighters cosplayed in Kimonos when they inducted Rush into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, Taylor was mates with Peart, Geddy & Alex joined Foo Fighters onstage in Toronto a few times ... there's definite history.

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 22, 2022, 02:13:16 PMAt least Chrissie Hynde won't have to share the womens bogs with anyone.
Far better representation at the LA gig: Pink, Miley Cyrus, Alanis Morrisette, Leann Rimes, Joan Jett, Nancy Wilson.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 22, 2022, 02:32:09 PMIs this for charity?
Yep - The Taylor Hawkins Tribute Concerts will benefit charities in both the UK and the US chosen by the Hawkins family. Beneficiaries and further details will be announced shortly.