Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:35:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

Oh, I'm aware of the dressing up as dinosaurs thing, just that the fact it was a dinosaur necklace completely passed me by, and even if I had noticed, I probably wouldn't have made the TERF island connection. Now, it is true that I am monumentally thick and unobservant, but given that no-one referenced it, nor did she say anything overtly TERFy (i.e., to the extent that I would have noticed, being now reasonably sensitised to these things), unless you are already part of the gang I suspect this will have made zero impact. And presumably the GC gang will have been looking out for it, having prior knowledge of her views. Just another thing they can use to delude themselves that the tide is turning while most of the rest of the world doesn't GAF.

I was more put off her by being introduced as an Observer leader writer.

Kankurette

They're STILL wanging on about the Family Sex Show on Mumsnet. Good grief. I thought it had been cancelled.

jobotic

She is a terf then? Not a dinosaur fan?

Probably seeing as she writes for the Guardian.

Quote from: Kankurette on April 23, 2022, 09:11:35 AMThey're STILL wanging on about the Family Sex Show on Mumsnet. Good grief. I thought it had been cancelled.

They've almost put the transphobia on the back burner to concentrate on grooming teachers (teachers who groom).

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 23, 2022, 09:00:50 AMto this

Genuinely burst out laughing at 'Tunnocks time' and was surprised at how abstract it was.  No idea what the 'College of Policing' was supposed to be.

Kankurette

There are so many other things they could be spending their money on instead of inflatable dinosaur suits.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Kankurette on April 23, 2022, 11:32:42 AMThere are so many other things they could be spending their money on instead of inflatable dinosaur suits.
Yeah they could be giving that money to Glinner to keep him in carbonara and racecar bedclothes.

Ex_GC

Hilarious that the anonymous post was obviously written by himself. The most words he has written on his Substack in forever and he doesn't even have the courage to put his name to them

JamesTC

No idea what that BEARD has gotten up to, but the concept of the pigs coming round to coach you about things that aren't deemed illegal can fuck right off.

JaDanketies

"Linehan has frequently defended his comments about trans people as being pro-women and pro-gay, although he is neither." Father Ted creator rallies global support for Katherine Deves and her anti-trans comments

Quote from: JaDanketies on April 23, 2022, 12:51:53 PM"Linehan has frequently defended his comments about trans people as being pro-women and pro-gay, although he is neither." Father Ted creator rallies global support for Katherine Deves and her anti-trans comments

QuoteIn February 2021, Linehan hosted an online panel with Ms Deves and University of Melbourne academic Holly Lawford-Smith, who later made headlines after establishing an anonymous tip line for supposed incidents of trans women violating women's spaces.

In that discussion, Ms Deves compared her anti-trans campaigning to the underground resistance against the Nazis during the Holocaust.

Ms Deves has since walked back those comments and apologised.
oh dear Katherine Deves sounds like you're only walking back that shit because it might cost you your precious career as a politician

QuoteLinehan has frequently defended his comments about trans people as being pro-women and pro-gay, although he is neither.
I like how this can be read as "Linehan is neither a woman nor gay" OR as "Linehan is neither pro-women nor pro-gay"

retsuza

It definitely reads like the latter which is very funny because it's absolutely true.

How can you be pro-gay if the only thing you do is call trans people homophobic and at the same time support plenty of people and organisations that all hate LGB as much as T? He literally thinks the rainbow flag is grooming.

And if he's so pro-women why doesn't he have a wife?

somersetchris

Quote from: BC"Support Katherine Deves. Please make her be a hashtag and all that sort of stuff," Linehan told his 12,800 subscribers on YouTube"

Bananaman there clearly showing how well he understands how social media works. What are the odds that 'the internet is a box' comes from something he actually believed

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: Elfking on April 22, 2022, 07:14:44 PM

I bet they're all delighted by this. Never mind all the mental, emotional and physical harm that will come out of it.

It's interesting that whilst the rhetoric against trans people here is heinous the actual results have been negligible in terms of legislation, meanwhile in America they have been going straight for the throat. I know this is only one state but there are many other states passing similar legislation.

"Dress however you please" - JK Rowling

"I'd march with you if you were discriminated against on the basis of being trans." - JK Rowling

idunnosomename

graham is so head over heels in love with Javid now. especially he's pleased that he's comparing it to the "Rotherham scandal" which plays into the all the muslims want to rape our white women shit. although he just likes it because it links it to word GROOMING!!!!!!!!!!

my he's spending a lot of time at his "friends house" isnt he!!! lmao

Bored already 😴

It's only interesting when BC is doing a solo one.

The Beginning of the End

imagine using that as the title of your shitty recorded zoom call of a show

imitationleather

What is the title in reference to?

Not watching cos I'm doing literally anything else lol.

retsuza

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 23, 2022, 05:32:16 PMhttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/apr/23/javid-orders-inquiry-into-nhs-gender-identity-services-for-under-18s-reports

Cutting through all the wishy washy unsourced ideological TERFy shit gets me to this little fact:

QuoteThe service sees about 2,500 children a year, about 200 of whom are given some form of hormone treatment.

That's 8%. Eight percent. And the words "some form of hormone treatment" are never made any less vague than that. "Children" is also doing a lot of heavy lifting. Prepubescent children? Teenagers? 16-18 year olds? WHO CAN SAY.

Though this next line is interesting:

QuoteIn September, the court of appeal upheld the right of the trust to give puberty-blocking drugs to under-16s judged to be mature enough to give informed consent.

HMMM.

George Oscar Bluth II

QuoteThe service sees about 2,500 children a year, about 200 of whom are given some form of hormone treatment.

Wow, always good to get some real, raw numbers isn't it. And BC and pals think the problem is that too many kids are getting hormone treatment.

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on April 23, 2022, 06:21:58 PMWow, always good to get some real, raw numbers isn't it. And BC and pals think the problem is that too many kids are getting hormone treatment.
Why can't they (meaning the media) be honest? Why can't they break it down further and say x no [age group] are getting [specific treatment]? If they can't because the clinic isn't keeping proper records, okay, that's a concern. But if they're just choosing not to because LITTLE KIDDIES ON HORMONES, that's scaremongering and transphobic.

George Oscar Bluth II

I think talking about actual numbers is a pretty fruitful avenue you know. Think about that bill in Utah (was it Utah?) to ban trans kids from school sport and the governor (a Republican!) asked...how many kids does this actually affect? And the answer was...one. There was one trans kid playing sport in schools. So he vetoed the bill.

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on April 23, 2022, 06:34:16 PMI think talking about actual numbers is a pretty fruitful avenue you know. Think about that bill in Utah (was it Utah?) to ban trans kids from school sport and the governor (a Republican!) asked...how many kids does this actually affect? And the answer was...one. There was one trans kid playing sport in schools. So he vetoed the bill.
Well damn. Good for him. For having some common fucking sense. That I shouldn't even have to praise. Hopping over the lowest bar possible. One that's buried underground.