Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:49:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If he did get his account back would he keep posting as Oliophi to cover his tracks?

Probably not.

TommyTurnips

If the Glinner account ever got re-instated then Oliophi would probably to a Poochie style "I have to go now, my planet needs me".

Spoiler alert
Oliophi died on the way back to it's home planet.
[close]

retsuza

I am not Glinner I just harass people an awfully lot like he does.

jobotic

Quote from: mippy on April 26, 2022, 02:01:35 PMMumsnet has a "poem" about how you can't vote for anyone these days because they're all TRAs, and I really wish someone had taught boomers that not all poems have to rhyme.

Inspired by this I hope

QuoteJUST DON'T SAY YOU ARE ENGLISH
By Terry Oglethorpe

Good  bye to  my  England – so  long  my old  friend

Your  days  are  now  numbered, being brought to  an  end,

To  be Scottish, Irish  or  Welsh,  that's just  fine,

But  don't say you're English, that's way out of line.

The  French and  the  Germans may  call  themselves such,

As may  the  Norwegians, the  Swedes and  the  Dutch,

You  can  say you're a Russian, or  maybe a Dane,

But  don't say you're English, ever  again.

At Broadcasting House that word  is  taboo,

At Brussels they've scrapped it, in  Parliament too.

Even  schools are  affected; staffs  do  as  they're told,

They mustn't  teach  children  about  the England of  old.

Writers like  Shakespeare, Milton and  Shaw,

The  pupils don't learn about them anymore.

How  about Agincourt, Hastings, Arnhem and  Mons,

Where England lost  hosts of their very  brave  sons.

We are  not  Europeans, how  can  we  be?

Europe is  miles away  over  the  sea.

We are  the  English from  England, so let  us  be  proud,

Stand up  and  be counted. Shout it out loud.

Let's  tell  our  Government and  Brussels too,

We are  proud of our  heritage, the  Red White and  Blue.

Fly the  flag  of St. George, or  the  Union jack,

Let the  whole wide  world  know.

We want  our  England  back.

Famous Mortimer

I used to do a "well, actually..." about calling it the Union Jack when it's not being flown from a ship; turns out I was wrong, quelle surprise.

idunnosomename

the funniest thing in that poem is him choosing an Irish writer for some reason

frajer

"We want our England back."

We got it back mate, we can call it our home
Sadly it's shit, just like your poem

Ex_GC

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on April 26, 2022, 01:39:25 PMYeah it's a bit weird, the whole 'I'm silently protesting something I'm enraged about', big toddler tantrum energy.  I particularly liked the way it went from 'No I'm not putting my bloody pronouns in my email sig' to '5yr olds googling animal masturbation' in the space of 4 paragraphs.

I had to read this bit twice to figure out what they meant:Who writes like that?  Clearly it reads better as 'not even if it becomes mandatory', but they had to jam 'when' in there to make it sound like a certainty.

Imagine sending that to your employer

imitationleather

Quote from: damien on April 26, 2022, 02:34:33 PMJonny Greenwood; that's a kick in the nuts ngl.

His wife is a massive and long-standing TERF, isn't she?

Kankurette

Quote from: mippy on April 26, 2022, 02:01:35 PMMumsnet has a "poem" about how you can't vote for anyone these days because they're all TRAs, and I really wish someone had taught boomers that not all poems have to rhyme.
Mumsnet's attempts at humour are so cringey they make Arsenal Fan TV look dignified.

Kankurette

Quote from: Rich Uncle Skeleton on April 26, 2022, 12:15:35 PMare Elbow fans ever happy though I mean come on what a life choice. he says as a massive radiohead fan.
One of them got very angry with me when I mentioned my mum liked Elbow, because he thought that was a dig at Elbow. It wasn't.
Quote from: dead-ced-dead on April 26, 2022, 12:32:48 PMIs there a difference between Elbow and Mumford and Sons? I refuse to Google this.
Mumford and Sons are posh and have a banjo player who loves Andy Ngo. Elbow are northern and do not have a banjo player.

PlanktonSideburns

Or even exist

PlanktonSideburns

DJ Bob Hoskins

Quote from: imitationleather on April 26, 2022, 02:36:43 PMHis wife is a massive and long-standing TERF, isn't she?

Is that right? I know she's not a fan of Palestinians but since I don't pay attention to her ramblings I have never heard her speak on the subject of gender.

Jonny, though. Fuck's sake.  I'm going to see The Smile next month and now I'm gonna go buy myself a trans pride flag t-shirt to wear to the gig. The floppy-fringed cunt was my absolute hero until about 5 minutes ago. Urgh.

pigamus

Quote from: Kankurette on April 26, 2022, 02:49:21 PMMumford and Sons are posh and have a banjo player who loves Andy Ngo. Elbow are northern and do not have a banjo player.

The only Elbow song I like is 'Throw those curtains wide', the one they wrote about Angela Rayner

pandadeath

Quote from: imitationleather on April 26, 2022, 02:36:43 PMHis wife is a massive and long-standing TERF, isn't she?

I just had a scroll through her twitter feed and didn't see any reference to transphobia but there are a lot of tweets spreading COVID vaccine fear-mongering and misinformation.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

My trembling hands mark my X,
Beside the Tories for they respect my sex.
I look at myself, pale and haunted
Is this really what Captain Tom would have waunted?

Ex_GC

Re: Jonny, remember that not everyone is familiar with GC speak/ lingo, not everyone would jump to the conclusion that she meant trans women by saying 'male lesbians'. It's like when GC people start using words like 'trans identified male'out in the wild, most people won't have a clue what that means. Jonny could have liked a tweet not knowing the full nuances of it

dead-ced-dead

Any references to tea cakes and giant, inflatable dinosaur costumes in the poem?

mippy

I always think 'trans identified male' means a trans man, but I'm not sure what someone unfluent in banana would think 'male lesbians' might otherwise mean?

mippy

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on April 26, 2022, 03:14:50 PMAny references to tea cakes and giant, inflatable dinosaur costumes in the poem?

I'll see if I can stick it behind a Spoiler tag now I'm on desktop:

Spoiler alert
A poem for the politically homeless
[Username]

First-time poster, long-time lurker.
Inspired by recent posts, and with the local elections coming up, I've written a poem about the dilemma some of us left-leaning voters are facing at the moment. Hope its ok to post it here, I've no idea where else it would go, and to be honest most of its content was inspired by the brilliant, knowledgeable posters here.

Who the X will I vote for?

I haven't got a clue where I should place my voter's X
The Right is led by sociopaths, the Left disregards my sex
Women fought and lost their lives to give me a louder voice
But looking at my options I don't see a viable choice

Our PM's a compulsive liar with contempt for Queen and nation
Bought by one-percenters, Russian oligarchs and tax-dodging corporations
The Tories lack morality and destroy everything by stealth
Their only ideology is to accumulate more wealth
Self-serving Etonians, indifferent to the rules
They sell off all our assets and under-fund our hospitals and schools
They are seemingly immune to our cost-of-living crisis
Hence their lack of motivation to control our food and energy prices

You'd think the lies and corruption would leave an open goal
For the opposition party to regain some firm control
But Labour as it stands, is sadly no place for me
It's too busy stifling free speech to fight inequality
It's sad to see the party that once sought justice for the poor
Hijacked by extremists and their ideological culture war

The Left, what a sad indictment, a testament of our time
That despite record child poverty, mis-gendering is perceived a bigger crime
It's full of hate for women who politely disagree
that penises belong in female-only spaces and are opposed to Self ID
They call us Nazi bigots who should shut our TERFy mouths
Or lose our jobs and die in fires should we bravely dare speak out

To the Greens I am a "non-man" so I'm afraid they can't be trusted
As their poor grasp of reality suggests they are easily corrupted
Those who fight for sex-based rights are harassed, purged and dismissed
The environment, social justice and animal welfare seem way down on their list
Upholding women's rights, the Greens fail to understand
Doesn't equate to transphobia and wrong-think to be banned

The Lib Dems' shoddy safeguarding leaves me rather nervous
To vote for them, I'd be doing the young and vulnerable a considerable disservice
They are "firmly in favour of self-ID, trans rights, and non-binary recognition"
And don't welcome independent thinkers, by their own admission
Plus by hiking student fees, they helped create this dystopian situation
Where our bastions of free speech now indulge their "customers" #nodebates and temper tantrums

Divide and conquer, left and right, to stop us looking up
We need a new, independent party that's not rotten or corrupt
We need adults at the helm to say no, enough's enough
To halt this post-truth carnival; get real, compassionate but tough

So who the X will I vote for, when push comes to shove?
I have to concede defeat here and say none of the above
[close]

Ex_GC

Quote from: mippy on April 26, 2022, 03:16:21 PMI always think 'trans identified male' means a trans man, but I'm not sure what someone unfluent in banana would think 'male lesbians' might otherwise mean?

Well in the 90s I remember the 'I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body' joke that a lot of straight cis men would make. Could it be something like that? Either way I wouldn't necessarily take it to mean he's definitely transphobic. Until he says or does more we can't know for sure. As I said a lot of people aren't attuned to the nuances of this

jobotic

Think you're giving Greenwood too much benefit of the doubt here. If he was concerned but a bit ignorant that's one thing but that's a very obviously nasty spiteful dog-whistle he's retweeted there.

Kankurette

So four verses whining about trans stuff and only one about corruption in the Tory party and funding cuts (which have harmed far more women but if you bring that up on Mumsnet, they just start crapping on about not knowing what a woman is). It's almost like an afterthought, which tells you everything you need to know about TERF priorities.

Also, no, the Greens do not place trans issues above environmental issues, they are called the GREEN Party for a reason, and of course there's no mention of Keith being an absolute beige dishrag of a man who's trying to move Labour to the right. Like, Labour should be fighting for economic justice but in Bananaland that translates to 'throwing trans women under the bus'. And if TERFs and their enablers don't want Labour to prioritise trans rights, maybe it would help if they didn't keep asking Labour to define women and trying to make them focus on trans people.

jobotic

To be fair, that's better than Just Don't Say You Are English. Well done.

mippy

The whole 'Respect my Sex if you want my X' slogan just makes me think of this banger

Ex_GC

Quote from: jobotic on April 26, 2022, 03:28:00 PMThink you're giving Greenwood too much benefit of the doubt here. If he was concerned but a bit ignorant that's one thing but that's a very obviously nasty spiteful dog-whistle he's retweeted there.

Maybe I am but he hasn't liked any other TERF-y stuff that I can see and he doesn't appear to be a massive Twitter user. Also he liked it, he didn't retweet