Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:44:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dead-ced-dead

Hopefully that remains true and isn't like one of JK Rowling's "senior moments" (I think that was the excuse her team used early on.

Ex_GC

Quote from: buttgammon on April 27, 2022, 08:51:58 AMIt explains his sock's Amnesiac avatar if nothing else.

I'm glad I chose to pay £0.00 for In Rainbows when it came out now (somewhat negated by the fact that I bought a vinyl copy for my girlfriend a few weeks ago).

The account doesn't belong to him, it's an old account of an associate so the avatar has nothing to do with him

buttgammon

Quote from: Ex_GC on April 27, 2022, 10:10:30 AMThe account doesn't belong to him, it's an old account of an associate so the avatar has nothing to do with him

Oh, did he keep the avatar from before? I don't want to be that person (not least because it's one of my favourites of theirs) but I thought that album might go over his head...

Ex_GC

The associate who's old account it is also has a Radiohead avatar on his active Twitter account so it's definitely nothing to do with GL

buttgammon

Ex_GC

There's just no hope for him at all is there. He's completely incapable of self-reflection

boki

Dr Rock

retsuza

This is genuinely how he thinks. He was never awful to anyone because all the nastiness, abuse, and harassment he does is against Legitimate Targets, so it doesn't count!

And very handily his enemies encompass a wide range, from those going out of their way to wind him up to people who just politely disagree with his monomania. Also just being transgender in general.

idunnosomename

They're referring to people who largely criticised his infamous "Her" app stunt and he's been a snide cunt to on his blog ever since, primarily

Helen Lewis
Kathleen Stock
Katie Herzog
Jesse Singal (not a woman)

Ex_GC

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 27, 2022, 12:11:36 PMThey're referring to people who largely criticised his infamous "Her" app stunt and he's been a snide cunt to on his blog ever since, primarily

Helen Lewis
Kathleen Stock
Katie Herzog
Jesse Singal (not a woman)

She's talking about Karen Davis and his calling her a 'divisive lunatic'. That's what she said in her reply anyway

But yes he also has been horrible to Helen Lewis and the others mentioned

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: Better Midlands on April 27, 2022, 12:19:35 PMSpeaking of KD

*Pinches nasal bridge* - It sucks so much that these drama churning people add to a political discourse. Imagine being a trans(wo)man in the US, successful, happy family, accepted, etc. and hearing that a law passed that negatively impacts you because of twitter drama shitters like this amplifying hatred.

Ex_GC

Quote from: retsuza on April 27, 2022, 12:05:58 PM

This is genuinely how he thinks. He was never awful to anyone because all the nastiness, abuse, and harassment he does is against Legitimate Targets, so it doesn't count!

And very handily his enemies encompass a wide range, from those going out of their way to wind him up to people who just politely disagree with his monomania. Also just being transgender in general.

All Helen Lewis did was say the Her app was cruel (that's putting it mildly). He left a message on her phone that he hopes never comes back to bite him (his own words) and made loads of snide comments about her on his blog. He must have been a nightmare to live with. He is so utterly incapable of dealing with even the tiniest bit of criticism. Self-reflection is not something that enters his head ever

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 27, 2022, 09:13:50 AMJonny Greenwood has responded to say he didn't mean to like it:

https://twitter.com/jnnyg/status/1519214115268571136

He follows a few Terfy writers (and his wife is an antivax, antimask, pro-Israel nutjob), but I'm willing to give Greenwood the benefit of the doubt here.

He's not permanently online like Our Graham, so I can buy his argument that he follows a few writers that he likes. My wife is a big trans advocate, but because she isn't on here or Twitter I could probably ask her what she thinks about - I dunno - Hadley Freeman and she'd say something vaguely positive based on some Guardian columns from five years ago.

Though I do wish the likes of Jonny Greenwood, Neil Hannon etc would just come out and say something unambiguously pro-trans rather than just "I don't talk about things in public that I don't really know about." It's not hard. Field Music did it a few weeks ago: https://twitter.com/fieldmusicmusic/status/1512355444408434688?s=21&t=JvQym9zf8i4N_X-v0xCgSw

Fuck the bloke from Elbow though. I've been keeping an eye on his account for a while and his transphobic tweets usually disappear after a few hours. It looks like he's deleted his account completely now.

Gusty OWindflap

If you can fill the unforgiving minute
    With sixty seconds' worth of JustEat fun, 
Yours is the pedal pin and a place within it, 
    And—which is more—you'll be a hungry Man, Greyum!

Ex_GC

Another subscriber only post where he's asking his paying subscribers to gather stories. They're basically paying him and doing work for free. If GL has been at the front of this 'fight' I'm sure he already has a few stories at his disposal

JamesTC

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: JamesTC on April 27, 2022, 03:47:26 PMWhat the fuck does Glinner actually do with his time?

White stains on his trousers... not from carbonara sauce.

frajer

Quote from: JamesTC on April 27, 2022, 03:47:26 PMWhat the fuck does Glinner actually do with his time?

He clearly doesn't enjoy it. Trapped in a hell of his own making.

Oh, that reminds me, must buy two dozen SIM cards.

Ex_GC

He is so incompetent. He's mixing up his Karens here. The Karen he called 'a divisive lunatic' and is being discussed here is Karen Davis, the Karen who called him out for the gender critical fiasco is Karen Actually. How is he so incompetent and always getting stuff wrong?

https://gettr.com/comment/czfjbz7a43

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Glinner's Projection Of The Week:
"they're running on fumes. they have nothing...NOTHING going for them."

phantom_power

Alison Bailey is in hospital and the TERFs are picking out the minority of posters saying things like "good" to make sweeping generalisations about trans people and trans allies. I am sure there is a word for categorising a whole group of people as all the same based on perceived negative traits but it escapes me at the moment

I am sure Glinner will be along with his light-hearted kooky view on this in due course, if he hasn't already

FalknerHinton

Musk hasn't actually said very much about how his version of Twitter would be run, has he?

This idea that he's suddenly going to reinstate accounts is just some fever dream they've made up for themselves isn't it. Might be a bit premature on several fronts, not least because the sale hasn't actually gone through yet...

frajer

No matter who's in charge of Twitter, Linehan is far too unhinged and toxic for anyone to let him back on. Imagine going alt-right but being so incompetent and uncharismatic that even those pricks don't want you.