Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrec

Stonewall tweeted a piece celebrating lesbians of colour and Bindel is having a meltdown because she thinks it's a slight on Bailey. I would say "pretending to think" but wouldn't want to understate any racist lack of awareness!

imitationleather

Quote from: frajer on April 27, 2022, 06:19:19 PMNo matter who's in charge of Twitter, Linehan is far too unhinged and toxic for anyone to let him back on. Imagine going alt-right but being so incompetent and uncharismatic that even those pricks don't want you.

"Please let me back on this website so I can recommence my campaign of harassing people."

Ex_GC

His whole ambition in life is getting that blasted Twitter account back. And having all of his former colleagues beg for forgiveness

pigamus

There was an article in the Guardian about who they may or may not let back on - Glinner didn't get a mention. I'm sure that went down well in Banana Towers.

buttgammon

Does he think Musk will personally govern every aspect of a platform that's used by tens (hundreds?) of millions of people? Even if he did, he wouldn't give a fuck about Linehan; even a parochial hatemonger like Rowling elects to ignore him.

imitationleather

Glinner to start sending monkey statues and white feathers to Elon Musk when?

Ex_GC

Quote from: phantom_power on April 27, 2022, 05:56:33 PMAlison Bailey is in hospital and the TERFs are picking out the minority of posters saying things like "good" to make sweeping generalisations about trans people and trans allies. I am sure there is a word for categorising a whole group of people as all the same based on perceived negative traits but it escapes me at the moment

I am sure Glinner will be along with his light-hearted kooky view on this in due course, if he hasn't already

The funny thing is that GC people are in no way accountable for the words or actions of other GCs- even the ones they worship and quote and make memes about- but trans people and advocates on the other hand are to be blamed for the words of every trans person ever, even ones they've never heard of

Kankurette

Bindel does know that there are other lesbians of colour than Bailey, right?

mjwilson

Quote from: FalknerHinton on April 27, 2022, 06:10:45 PMMusk hasn't actually said very much about how his version of Twitter would be run, has he?

I believe he has said that it would be much more titled towards free speech, although I doubt he was thought about the details.

mippy

That new account is the most deso thing I've ever seen. Can't even think of anything funny to say about it, it's just depressing.

damien

Has anyone got a screenshot from a month or so back where he admitted he had no idea which specific tweets he was removed for? I forget which of his many platforms he was actually on when he mentioned it. I thought someone might remember.. 

frajer

Quote from: mippy on April 27, 2022, 07:19:02 PMThat new account is the most deso thing I've ever seen. Can't even think of anything funny to say about it, it's just depressing.

"hanging out here until I get my account reinstated" is the most divorced thing ever written.

Alberon

wobinidan

Quote from: frajer on April 27, 2022, 06:19:19 PMImagine going alt-right but being so incompetent and uncharismatic that even those pricks don't want you.

The thing about the rightoids (especially the American style ones) is they love to project cunty business power and confidence. You're not meant to show weakness, you don't get to cry on TV about how 'they took everything from me'. That schtick is going to have very limited appeal, he might have got away with it once but I doubt the sympathy will last long once people see how pathetic his life is.

mippy

Weird how Twitter doesn't have a ban evasion reporting option.

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: Ex_GC on April 27, 2022, 12:39:40 PMAll Helen Lewis did was say the Her app was cruel (that's putting it mildly). He left a message on her phone that he hopes never comes back to bite him (his own words) and made loads of snide comments about her on his blog. He must have been a nightmare to live with. He is so utterly incapable of dealing with even the tiniest bit of criticism. Self-reflection is not something that enters his head ever

I wish Helen would post that message. It sounded as though it would have utterly destroyed him in the public eye (I mean, more do than his banana-cuntery already has).

Speaking of Twitter - I left altogether and joined Mastodon. So peaceful over there. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: mjwilson on April 27, 2022, 07:18:33 PMI believe he has said that it would be much more titled towards free speech, although I doubt he was thought about the details.
That's code for "I'm going to fire as many employees as possible and let the algorithm run everything".

Ex_GC

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on April 27, 2022, 08:17:29 PMI wish Helen would post that message. It sounded as though it would have utterly destroyed him in the public eye (I mean, more do than his banana-cuntery already has).

Speaking of Twitter - I left altogether and joined Mastodon. So peaceful over there. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

What he stupidly didn't take into consideration is that by leaving this message he has not only alienated Helen but other GC journalists she is friends with such as Helen Ditum, Janice Turner and others. I'm convinced JK Rowling knows about the message too as she moves in those circles

Leaving the message might have felt great in the moment but he has shot himself in the foot and alienated allies with his lack of impulse control. Again

wrec

Quote from: Ex_GC on April 27, 2022, 09:25:27 PMLeaving the message might have felt great in the moment but he has shot himself in the foot and alienated allies with his lack of impulse control. Again

Which is why if he was to get his blue tick back, it's inevitable that he'd use it to do something spectacularly self-destructive, but the specifics and extent of that self-destructiveness would be surprising and hilarious.

Wouldn't it be delightful if his feuding with fellow transphobes led to Rowling finally acknowledging his existence in order to condemn him.

Quote from: wrec on April 27, 2022, 09:59:28 PMWhich is why if he was to get his blue tick back, it's inevitable that he'd use it to do something spectacularly self-destructive, but the specifics and extent of that self-destructiveness would be surprising and hilarious.

It would be great for banana content if he did get his account back.

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: mippy on April 27, 2022, 07:56:43 PMWeird how Twitter doesn't have a ban evasion reporting option.

It's because they don't actually care about ban evasion aside from the optics of caring. The people who get banned drive engagement they will continue to drive engagement when they ban evade but on a smaller scale with their smaller sock accounts. Once they become large enough to get enough people reporting them or they get reported by a blue tick they'll get banned again for the optics. Then rinse and repeat with a new sock.

DrGreggles

I think BC having a sock account with barely any followers and only getting replies that take the piss is pretty bloody funny.

Dr Rock

If Stonewall wins, will they get costs off Bailey ie her funders?

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 28, 2022, 07:35:57 AMIf Stonewall wins, will they get costs off Bailey ie her funders?

I think it's unusual for costs to be awarded in employment tribunals, I'm no expert though.

Meanwhile twitter know which section she belongs in

Bigfella

Last night after watching Inside No9 I flicked round the channels and caught the tail end of an interview between Dan Wooton and Linehan on GB News.  Wooton commended Linehan for being 'brave' and JK Rowling was mentioned.  Anyone see the whole thing?  I'm curious to know what else was said.

buttgammon

Quote from: Bigfella on April 28, 2022, 07:57:51 AMLast night after watching Inside No9 I flicked round the channels and caught the tail end of an interview between Dan Wooton and Linehan on GB News.  Wooton commended Linehan for being 'brave' and JK Rowling was mentioned.  Anyone see the whole thing?  I'm curious to know what else was said.

I wasn't even aware of it. In fact, has this even been mentioned on the thread? Assuming he's still obsessively reading these threads, he must be worried that without a couple of Cabbers watching, the viewing figures would be 90% down on his last appearance.

Saw a clip of the latest Mess where BC reveals his new 'official' sock account. Guy has so many socks he couldn't remember the handle when it was just his name with the number 7 at the end.

C*nt can't even remember he's gone bananas.