Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:21:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wheesht 17: Alt-right, Alt-right, Glinner's Nearly Alt-Right (Deep Deep Down)

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 28, 2022, 12:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chip

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 09:29:46 AMI think she recognises just how toxic he is and finds him to be an embarrassment.

I suppose. Though I'd have thought if you're facing such an insurmountable challenge as to peak the world on your gender-critical ideology, you'd be a bit less choosy about your allies, and indeed strive to have one of its most visible proponents on your side - as much of a rotten banana as he so pl(ant)ainly is.

I mean, think of what (they probably think) they could accomplish if they joined forces. Baffling.

phes

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 09:29:46 AMI think she recognises just how toxic he is and finds him to be an embarrassment.

I think she has all the signs of someone radicalised into deepest, sickest part of the movement. Each time she comes back for one of her short twitter benders it's always a case of urgh, it's worse than we thought (hoped). So I'm not sure about the embarrassment part of that as I suspect she is now moreorless as radicalised. My guess is that it has more to do with being extremely cautious about allying herself to men and allowing them to become figureheads of the movement

Quote from: chip on March 28, 2022, 09:38:12 AMI mean, think of what (they probably think) they could accomplish if they joined forces. Baffling.

He's basically a nobody relative to her. And a very divisive nobody

Ex_GC

Does anyone remember when Katie Herzog criticised his Her app stunt and he went bananas? Claimed they had been interacting by email and this was a stab in the back etc etc. Well he shared said email exchange and it was absolutely desperate, she didn't even reply to the first email and only replied on his second email. And her reply was cordial and indicated nothing of a two day dialogue. I suspect someday he'll end up sharing the fruitless email exchanges with JKR, it'll probably consist of an out of office auto reply and him replying to that 'Joanne, why aren't you replying? Don't you care about women and girls?'

Ex_GC

@phes good point, it's probably something like that. The GC man whose Substack she shared is a gay man so this was probably more to lend credibility to the 'innumerable gay people have been contacting me with concerns' claim

However I do think his toxicity also plays a part. Like, he has been desperately trying to get her attention for the best part of two years and not even a token mention back

Pimhole

Helen if you've got to go away
Cuz of things you heard Blanchard say
Oh won't you stay another day (stay now)

Don't leave me & Arty like this
Don't you say it's the final Mess
I'll get JK another day

phes

The Scottish physio he's been fawning over is quite an interesting one. Absolutely standard flavour of the week lovebombing from Glinner and she's been helpful enough to basically describe how her professional medical concerns and personal disenfranchisement has resulted in her falling into open arms of an ally who is openly a virulent transphobe

https://mobile.twitter.com/GussieGrips/status/1508208390627069952

Alberon

Rowling is giving Linehan the old Billy Bragg treatment because she heard how he called one of her characters Ralph.

Quote from: Ex_GC on March 28, 2022, 09:49:20 AMHowever I do think his toxicity also plays a party
Yeah, Graham is officially transphobic

JKЯ needs to keep her distance so as to maintain the 'protecting women and girls' facade.

Fisher Goes Berserk

Great work PBGC, thank you.

Quote from: Better Midlands on March 28, 2022, 01:28:02 AMIt was a slow start to season 16, but built nicely and had a cracking finale

Yeah, some really big laughs on the last few pages. Thanks TheGingerAlien and Rich Uncle Skeleton in particular.

Quote from: Pimhole on March 28, 2022, 09:52:00 AMHelen if you've got to go away
Cuz of things you heard Blanchard say
Oh won't you stay another day (stay now)

Don't leave me & Arty like this
Don't you say it's the final Mess
I'll get JK another day

Everybody in the pedal bin
One Sian, one Glin

MigraineBoy

JamesTC

Quote from: Alberon on March 28, 2022, 10:03:53 AMRowling is giving Linehan the old Billy Bragg treatment because she heard how he called one of her characters Ralph.

Genuinely hope this is the reason. I suppose it isn't outside the realm of possibility.

As with Chappelle and women's sports, it is clear he only pretends to be interested just so he can be transphobic. It is really sad.

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Vroomo on March 28, 2022, 10:26:55 AMBad news when even the Beano knows the GC Dinosaur brigade have turned on him:
https://i.imgur.com/M7RSpmM.jpg
I want to know my Bash Street Kids fart name.

Jack Shaftoe

I mean, I've heard unpleasant-ish things about him behind the scenes from long before he turned banana (more oafish behaviour than anything directly sinister), so maybe Rowling's heard those too. Or she just recognises him as a particularly variety of bully whose injured pride has made him glom on to 'women's rights' when he patently doesn't give a shit about them. They're both coming from the place of 'I was bullied (in her case abused) in the past so I couldn't possibly be in the wrong now', but there's something more obviously abusive about Glinner.

mippy

A seven-foot frame
Rats along his back
When he calls you BEARD
It all fades to black
Yeah, he sees your dreams
And feasts on your screams (hey!)

JK don't think about Graham
No no no
She don't think about Graham...

Ex_GC

Maybe she's seen how he speaks about women, women he disagrees with both on his side and on the trans advocate side

Him calling a woman a ball cradling handmaiden was a huge turning point for me. Vile

And then there's the matter of him leaving a voice mail on Helen Lewis' phone that he hopes will never come back to bite him (his words). He actually laughed and joked about it whereas most of us would burn up with shame at the thought of having left an abusive message with someone

Dr Kathleen Stock was accused of 'adding a layer of paint to the target on my back' for simply disagreeing with him calling Grace Lavery a groomer. Like Helen Lewis, Dr Stock was put on blast on several blog posts

Those are some of the milder examples too. He's actually scary. He seems to love bomb women at first and then turns nasty when they deviate from the party line, the party line being that he is the one great true protector and champion of women. It amazes me that some GC women are still willing to defend him

phes

It doesn't even make sense: 'Transwomen'

This is where he is now. From detoxifying the debate to you need to be beaten for your views

Jack Shaftoe

Imagine how delighted Glinner would have been if Putin had name-checked him alongside Rowling. Not even a flash of 'hmm, is this good though?', straight to excitedly jumping up and down on the racecar bed, double helping of carbonara flying everywhere.

idunnosomename

Was just thinking hes probably frustrated this morning as its nothing but the Oscars slap. Well done finding a way to make it about trans people

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: phes on March 28, 2022, 11:16:37 AMIt doesn't even make sense: 'Transwomen'

This is where he is now. From detoxifying the debate to you need to be beaten for your view

A trans activist posts this with Rock saying "Transwomen aren't wo" instead and getting the slap, and banacunts would be all over it going "Ur look! they're promoting violence against ppl who disagree with them!"

pupshaw

Myself, I don't allow myself too much glee at JKR ignoring BC. It would be way too easy for that applecart to get completely overturned simply by her doing the very thing we assume she'll never do. It would look like a huge victory for him and loss for us. I kind of assume somehow they WILL be best pals (for a moment at least) and I want to deny him that victory if and when.

Alberon

Quote from: pupshaw on March 28, 2022, 11:25:19 AMMyself, I don't allow myself too much glee at JKR ignoring BC. It would be way too easy for that applecart to get completely overturned simply by her doing the very thing we assume she'll never do. It would look like a huge victory for him and loss for us. I kind of assume somehow they WILL be best pals (for a moment at least) and I want to deny him that victory if and when.

True, but she does seem to be carefully avoiding him. Rowling must be aware of him or she would have retweeted one of his endless blatherings by now. She might be genuinely pissed off at his endless crashing around as the self-styled King of the Women. Great honking transphobe she might be, but you can't blame her for not wanting to associate herself with him.

Dr Rock

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: phes on March 28, 2022, 10:00:50 AMThe Scottish physio he's been fawning over is quite an interesting one. Absolutely standard flavour of the week lovebombing from Glinner and she's been helpful enough to basically describe how her professional medical concerns and personal disenfranchisement has resulted in her falling into open arms of an ally who is openly a virulent transphobe

https://mobile.twitter.com/GussieGrips/status/1508208390627069952

This is disappointing. I've met Elaine Miller through Edinburgh Skeptics (who're staunchly pro-trans and pro-inclusivity) and she seemed funny and intelligent and willing to call out bullshit. There are debates to be had about how best to get health messages across, but excluding trans and non-binary people doesn't seem the best way to do it, and she seems to have gone well beyond legitimate concerns to the baseless TERF conspiracy theories. Hopefully it's just a blip and she'll realise the idiocy and hate she's associating herself with.

mippy

I'm still boggling that someone left a comment under his video calling his former wife a 's***g' and there's been no moment of 'wait, aren't we the feminists?' Horribly, horribly misogynistic.

Unless, of course, they meant 'shrug'.

retsuza

Cheers for new thread @Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Don't think there needs to be a wiki, but maybe next thread should have some links in the timeline/highlights to particular posts that give more background, screenshots and information on a highlight. I can start saving posts that have "receipts" or more context for the next inevitable glinner foible.

Ex_GC

Quote from: mippy on March 28, 2022, 11:48:15 AMI'm still boggling that someone left a comment under his video calling his former wife a 's***g' and there's been no moment of 'wait, aren't we the feminists?' Horribly, horribly misogynistic.

Unless, of course, they meant 'shrug'.

Amazing he didn't delete that.

It's not the first time one of his followers has left a very insulting comment about people close to him. For years he would share the Kristina Harrisson woman's place speech as 'proof' that he wasn't bigoted as here's a GC trans woman who shares my views. I watched the video in my early GC days and I was convinced that it made me not transphobic as here is an actual trans woman sharing my concerns.

Someone left a comment on one of his blog posts calling Kristina a perverted AGP male and GL didn't even delete it or stand up for his friend. All she was to him was a prop to use

retsuza

Quote from: phes on March 28, 2022, 11:16:37 AM

It doesn't even make sense: 'Transwomen'

This is where he is now. From detoxifying the debate to you need to be beaten for your views

William A. Ferguson loves this account and of course Graham does too. It's the shittest, most low-effort trans hate meme account with a slur in the title, for people who are TRULY obsessed.

When I was younger I used to think edgy comedy was okay if something was "more funny than it is offensive". Obviously its more complicated than that and nowadays I think there's more nuance to it - considering your audience, is this worth it, is it punching down or satire of bigoted views etc. etc.

But for these people as long as the meme is "trans people bad" they will lap it up.

Someone reminded me of Sickipedia recently on here and I checked it out after not looking at it for a decade. This is currently the 5th most voted up joke off all time:

It's not even a joke, but it appeals to people who hate Muslims. At least they have the balls to tag it Racism whereas Glinner and fans become outraged if you call them anti-trans.

FalknerHinton

Great work Poirot, thanks!

I wonder if BC's got a tiny bit of rationality left that stops him, for now at least, giving JKR the treatment he hands out to other insufficiently loyal women, because he knows that she's very quick to turn to her lawyers, and has the resources to destroy him.

Ex_GC

Quote from: FalknerHinton on March 28, 2022, 12:09:11 PMGreat work Poirot, thanks!

I wonder if BC's got a tiny bit of rationality left that stops him, for now at least, giving JKR the treatment he hands out to other insufficiently loyal women, because he knows that she's very quick to turn to her lawyers, and has the resources to destroy him.

I think it's more a case of her being so universally loved in the GC movement that he wouldn't dare. It would be like going after the most popular head bully in the class. So in typical bully fashion he goes after the ones he's unlikely to get pushback or have others going to bat for- e.g Helen Lewis or Dr Stock

That being said he did try to criticise Posie Parker lately and that didn't go well so he backtracked