Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:37:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acclaimed/Popular Comedians You Despise

Started by Joe Qunt, March 28, 2022, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on March 31, 2022, 11:28:53 PMI also hate the person who pretends to be Natalie Cassidy.

I feel compelled to point out that this is Morgana Robinson, who got a bit of stick for her dud impressions show circa ten years ago (it was double-billed with Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights at the time, which probably didn't help its reception) but now lights up anything she appears in. The Windsors, Toast of London, House of Fools, Taskmaster, and many more:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2885843/

robhug

I know Morgana as the voice of the Virgin Airlines animated in flight safety video, which she also lights up I thought.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Captain Z on April 06, 2022, 01:08:26 PMI feel compelled to point out that this is Morgana Robinson, who got a bit of stick for her dud impressions show circa ten years ago (it was double-billed with Frankie Boyle's Tramadol Nights at the time, which probably didn't help its reception) but now lights up anything she appears in. The Windsors, Toast of London, House of Fools, Taskmaster, and many more:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2885843/
Yes, I hate her as Natalie Cassidy, but she's good in other things.

Rob1969in

Cordon, McGuiness, all the Russels, Kane, Howard ,Brand,the shouty bloke off mock the week ,bald head can't remember his name ...oh and Dara 'errrr' O'Brien  mainly because he keeps saying 'errrrr'

Fr.Bigley

ProvanFan

ProvanFan

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 06, 2022, 05:00:38 PMThe late Mob Bonkhouse.

Why do you despise Bob?  He seems one of the ones who's nearly universal in his popularity, rather like Doddy.

Clownbaby

I can't put my finger on what it is about Rose Matafeo but if I see she's in something it pisses me off. Yes I don't find her particularly funny ever, but I have a gut instinctive dislike of her vibe as well. That thing where you see someone from afar and you just know you won't like eachother, and you meet, and sure enough you don't like eachother. She hasn't even done anything.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 07, 2022, 09:04:41 AMWhy do you despise Bob?  He seems one of the ones who's nearly universal in his popularity, rather like Doddy.

I love bob monkhouse, I just dont like mob bonkhouse.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on April 07, 2022, 10:14:11 AMI love bob monkhouse, I just dont like mob bonkhouse.

Two different stories.

Ray Travez

I don't despise Bob Monkhouse, but I've never liked him. When those stories came out about him, it confirmed my instinct.

Just want to make clear, I don't despise John Bishop. He's a vegetarian, which always raises someone in my estimation. His comedy isn't for me, but he's no worse than a lot of other comedians who also don't appeal.

Jockice

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on April 07, 2022, 09:04:41 AMWhy do you despise Bob?  He seems one of the ones who's nearly universal in his popularity, rather like Doddy.

I couldn't bear him when I was a kid. He just seemed really slimy and insincere. And then when I read he was a big Tory and Thatcher supporter despite having a severely disabled son. ...It was okay for him of course, he could afford private treatment and care.

I did warm to him slightly in his latter years. But only slightly.

DrGreggles

I saw ol' Bobby Monk in the 90s when he did an x-rated stand up tour.
Remains the most relentlessly filthy show I've seen.

robhug

Quote from: Clownbaby on April 07, 2022, 10:05:21 AMI can't put my finger on what it is about Rose Matafeo but if I see she's in something it pisses me off. Yes I don't find her particularly funny ever, but I have a gut instinctive dislike of her vibe as well. That thing where you see someone from afar and you just know you won't like eachother, and you meet, and sure enough you don't like eachother. She hasn't even done anything.

I thought she was alright on Taskmaster, then I had the misfortune to tune into late night bbc2/3/4 which was showing her award winning stand-up. To this day its the worst thing I've ever seen on television, and I remember A Stab In The Dark with Baddiel and Gove.

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Jockice on April 07, 2022, 12:26:17 PMI couldn't bear him when I was a kid. He just seemed really slimy and insincere.

Slimy was exactly the word my dad always used to describe him, which was his peak insult. This was in his peak gameshow presenter phase, but my dad also said that when he was younger he was the funniest comedian he ever saw.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 06, 2022, 09:34:59 AMThat Adam Riches Wikipedia page is clearly written tongue-in-cheek. His standup shows are widely acclaimed and he's great in his small role in Detectorists. Stop judging acts based on three minute bits on panel shows!
"Widely acclaimed" means "shite" these days, apparently. Riches is awful.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on April 06, 2022, 09:34:59 AMThat Adam Riches Wikipedia page is clearly written tongue-in-cheek. His standup shows are widely acclaimed and he's great in his small role in Detectorists. Stop judging acts based on three minute bits on panel shows!

Then why is he doing panel shows? How else are you supposed to judge him, other than the material he performs? If the material is that weak, don't do it, problem solved.

DrGreggles

I like Adam Riches. I think he's good.

Never seen him on a panel show though.

Josie Long. She's about as funny as having your piles treated with a chainsaw.

Clownbaby

Come to think of it there's a ridiculous amount of comedians on things that have never made me laugh once in anything I've seen them in

It's a very regular occurrence for me to be watching something with guests in, think "who is this boring cunt", google the person and find out they're in fact a comedian

BritishHobo

Quote from: Tony Yeboah on April 06, 2022, 12:44:40 PMhttps://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/content/11890/ed-gamble-extends-tour

QuoteEd first came to prominence playing Georgie Carlton in two series of Almost Royal (BBC America/E4/Netflix)

Fuck Ian Boldsworth I guess...

sutin

Quote from: J Peasemould Gruntfuttock on April 09, 2022, 02:25:16 PMJosie Long. She's about as funny as having your piles treated with a chainsaw.

Yeah, fuck off.

JamesTC

Quote from: J Peasemould Gruntfuttock on April 09, 2022, 02:25:16 PMShe's about as funny as having your piles treated with a chainsaw.

So she is quite funny, then?

JamesTC

Quote from: phantom_power on March 31, 2022, 03:46:58 PMHe is a much better funny person than a comedian. He is always an amusing and convivial guest on podcasts and such but his prepared material is pretty weak

There might be something to this. Went to see him last night and it was very enjoyable but the best bits were him the more anecdotal as the show was built around his disastrous charity gig and the subsequent fallout.

One of the funniest bit wasn't even supposed to be part of the show, but he definitely should try and work it in. He came out at the start and a guy got up and started to leave and Nish lost it laughing. He then explained that the reason he found it so funny was that, in an earlier gig in Shrewsbury, a guy in the audience was talking all the way through so Nish asked him what his problem was. The guy said to him that his mate booked the tickets and he thought he was going to see Romesh Ranganathan. Nish got him thrown out for making a racist joke but the guy apparently stressed to the ushers that he genuinely thought he was seeing Romesh.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: oggyraiding on April 06, 2022, 12:47:37 AMPretty much everyone who is big on ITV2. Keith Lemon (though I must admit, I very much enjoyed Bo Selecta in my youth), Iain Sterling, Emily Atack, everyone in the Stand Up Sketch Show.
Iain Stirling gets a pass from me due to his outstanding work with Hacker the Dog doing the programme links on CBBC back in the day. Hate his Love Island voice though...

ProvanFan

Quote from: JamesTC on April 09, 2022, 04:43:34 PMSo she is quite funny, then?

About as funny as Uncle Albert cunting it at the comedy awards