Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:22:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Acclaimed/Popular Comedians You Despise

Started by Joe Qunt, March 28, 2022, 02:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

Nish Kumar seems like a really nice chap, so it would be weird to despise him even if I don't find him that funny.

shlug

Russell Peters. He's like Hari Kondabolu's Manoj made manifest.

Cold Meat Platter

I have no love for Jim Davidson. The worship he gets on this site is nothing short of baffling.

chip

Nish is the clear winner here.

Bert Kreischer too. The bare-chested moron.

chip

Quote from: The Mollusk on March 28, 2022, 07:33:53 PMSaw the thread title and thought I'd stepped in a CaB time machine back to 2008 for a second.

I think it's refreshing! It gets boring seeing people just talk about things they love all the time.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on March 28, 2022, 06:49:03 PMGrimaldi. Smug, unfunny and his material hasn't aged well. He's also a bit too chummy with that Disraeli for my liking.

Don't get me started on Little Tich.

Fr.Bigley

Quote from: robhug on March 28, 2022, 03:52:48 PMwith good reason - Always found him hard to warm to after reading about his antics at Gatwick

God yeah Nick Knowles no bounds. And to think he got to buttfuck Suzi Perry.

Fr.Bigley

Romesh Ranganathan is the pits too. Every single TV programme the BBC puts out contains him in some way or is in the title. Im a miserable ex teacher with a penchant for delivering nothing much at all.

Sebastian Cobb

I don't mind Romesh (although never really actively seek him out) but then misery loves company.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: chip on March 29, 2022, 09:54:10 AMI think it's refreshing! It gets boring seeing people just talk about things they love all the time.

I don't think you could ever accuse CaB of that.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: chip on March 29, 2022, 09:51:50 AMBert Kreischer too. The bare-chested moron.
He's a curious one. He can deliver a story, and I imagine sitting having a beer or two with him would be a lot of fun. But, he just doesn't come across as a standup at all.

He reminds of Australian comedian / actor Ash Williams, just a naturally funny guy who's got a collection of wild stories to tell. Great fun on his podcast appearances, though.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: robhug on March 28, 2022, 04:29:13 PMCorden, Nish Kumar, Russel Howard and apparently Jack Whitehall identifies as a comedian. There can't be many people who do not despise that cunt of a quartet.

I like Nish.

The rest can get to fuck, especially Corden.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Fr.Bigley on March 29, 2022, 10:09:51 AMRomesh Ranganathan is the pits too. Every single TV programme the BBC puts out contains him in some way or is in the title. Im a miserable ex teacher with a penchant for delivering nothing much at all.

The funniest thing about Romesh is that he can't seem to book a TV gig without his mum being involved.

Virgo76

Quote from: Joe Qunt on March 28, 2022, 04:48:23 PMThink what sealed it for me was him inviting Jess Phillips on his podcast. Anyone who associates themselves with that cunt is beyond redemption for me.

I like them both. Seen Richard Herring live more than any other comic and he always comes across well.
I haven't really got the hang of this thread.

Kankurette

I'd say James Corden but he's low-hanging fruit, so Dave Chapelle.

pigamus

Paul Squire

I simply do not like the man or the manner in which he conducts himself

Virgo76

Quote from: BeardFaceMan on March 29, 2022, 08:12:45 PMThe funniest thing about Romesh is that he can't seem to book a TV gig without his mum being involved.
Less and less true these days surely?

beanheadmcginty

Ken Dodd. Never actually watched any of his act because everything I have seen of the way he looks and talks makes me 100% certain I'll despise him. Plus, both my parents have always expressed hate for him and we largely share comical hates as a family.

Jockice

Not me, but a relation of mine absolutely loathed Mel Smith. Could never work that out at all.

Icehaven

That Volodymyr Zelensky is way overexposed, can't turn on the TV without seeing him these days.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Jockice on March 30, 2022, 05:38:09 AMNot me, but a relation of mine absolutely loathed Mel Smith. Could never work that out at all.

My parents watching NTNON used to think Mel Smith was a bit too scruffy to be on TV. To be filed alongside the other unkempt contemporary hairies, Billy Connolly and Jasper Carrott. Years and years later, they grew to be very fond of all three.

robhug

Quote from: Icehaven on March 30, 2022, 08:36:41 AMThat Volodymyr Zelensky is way overexposed, can't turn on the TV without seeing him these days.

He is everywhere, I can only compare his level of media saturation to that of Tony Slattery in about 1990. Lets hope he follows a different path from the one Tone chose - I dont know if anyone's mentioned Tone by name to Vol specifically but the sad look in his eyes when he was trying out new material on the US congress sent a chill down my spine that history might just be repeating itself.

dissolute ocelot

There are few comedians (apart from Zelensky) who it's impossible to avoid. Even John Bishop or Nish Kumar while widespread on certain kinds of TV program are hardly likely to walk into comedy night in your local pub or star in too many films on MUBI. I guess if you hate Katherine Ryan there are certain TV channels you can't watch, but surely nobody would hate a Canadian?

Keith Lemon, though, get to fuck. After all the other crap, you now try and ruin Dirty Dancing too? I realise not watching ITV2 is not the greatest sacrifice, but still, I'd rather my soul turned black in hatred for his Lemoniness.

the science eel

does anyone actually LIKE Katherine Ryan?

Icehaven

I don't dislike her but I still can't imagine anyone being an actual fan of her as such, as in paying to go and see her specifically or watching a TV show mainly because she was in it. I mean I understand that things I'm not bothered about are liked by others and there's plenty of comedians (and musicians and so on) that I'm indifferent to but I'm not surprised has a following, but I just can't imagine anyone being a Katherine Ryan fan. Clearly I'm wrong as she does big shows etc. but I wonder how many of the audience actually bought their own tickets or are just there because they saw her on a few panel shows.

Icehaven

Quote from: robhug on March 30, 2022, 12:32:33 PMHe is everywhere, I can only compare his level of media saturation to that of Tony Slattery in about 1990. Lets hope he follows a different path from the one Tone chose - I dont know if anyone's mentioned Tone by name to Vol specifically but the sad look in his eyes when he was trying out new material on the US congress sent a chill down my spine that history might just be repeating itself.

Yes exactly, and he might be acclaimed now but if this current series of Who's War Is It Anyway? drags on much longer I can see his popularity waning a bit, I mean his schtick is a bit one note, "Russia are evil, please help us" blah blah. He's going to need to change it up a bit, and Putin's deadpan is a pretty hard act to follow.

canadagoose

Jack Whitehall and John Bishop. Can't stand either of them. Neither of them seem to be very funny tbh.

Virgo76

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 30, 2022, 02:07:43 AMKen Dodd. Never actually watched any of his act because everything I have seen of the way he looks and talks makes me 100% certain I'll despise him. Plus, both my parents have always expressed hate for him and we largely share comical hates as a family.

Dodd's great, get on board

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: the science eel on March 30, 2022, 01:30:16 PMdoes anyone actually LIKE Katherine Ryan?

Yea I do, not mad on her stand up but is fun on panel shows and that