Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,383
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 03:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Honesty is NOT the best policy! | Nicholas De Santo

Started by banana, April 02, 2022, 03:44:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banana

More from "Comedy Unleashed".
Sorry.
Anyway, this person seems to tell jokes and stuff.
Interested to see what people on here make of them.
This seems to be what 'right wing' comedy is?
Or something?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEDGEL_u4gQ

Shaky

"The home of free-thinking comedy"

Eight minutes in and no actual jokes, just the spruiking of right-wing paranoia.

jonbob

Is him just spouting the usual right wing talking points as comedy admiting that the usual right wing talking points are a joke?

banana

Quote from: jonbob on April 03, 2022, 12:29:14 PMIs him just spouting the usual right wing talking points as comedy admiting that the usual right wing talking points are a joke?

This is a good question.
Not sure what to make of it?
Is this what the opposite of Nish Kumar is?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: banana on April 03, 2022, 02:01:20 PMThis is a good question.
Well, guys, he's just asking questions. He can't possibly have an agenda!

Pink Gregory

Didn't know you could change your CaB name without making a new account

banana

Quote from: banana on April 03, 2022, 02:01:20 PMThis is a good question.
[/quote
Quote from: Famous Mortimer on April 03, 2022, 03:32:25 PMWell, guys, he's just asking questions. He can't possibly have an agenda!

]

That's sort of what I thought.
Is he even more lucky on the grift as he is Italian and so gets some of the 'I can say this stuff and not English' like that Triggernometry guy who getting on Newsnight now does or something?

Also Pink Gregory, yes - I messaged nice Barry Admin person. Were you checking to see how welcome I am here?

banana

And also, maybe more interestingly - does this mean that there will be a situation where the BBC (because of new agenda / director general) are putting things like this on and there is a mirror complaint of what the 'Right Wing / Whatever" Comedy Unleashed people say that all you have to do to get press / be on, telly is be not white or a man, even with no experience / not being funny just to fill a quota of "Free Speech" comedians?

sevendaughters

I'd hate to meet this guy or anyone in the crowd but I've seen way worse comedians and I did think there were some jokes in there and the responses weren't just Pavlovian.

banana

Quote from: sevendaughters on April 03, 2022, 09:48:36 PMI'd hate to meet this guy or anyone in the crowd but I've seen way worse comedians and I did think there were some jokes in there and the responses weren't just Pavlovian.

If he was Stewart Lee he'd put that on a poster.

j_u_d_a_s

Fuck me, this is just rancid. And he looks insufferably smug about his shit material.

banana

That is a totally bonkers bit of film.
Sorry I posted it now, but if I hadn't I would have seen the second one which is totally mind melting.
They should bring back "That's Life".

sevendaughters

Quote from: j_u_d_a_s on April 04, 2022, 11:49:08 AM

Fuck me, this is just rancid. And he looks insufferably smug about his shit material.

Yeah this is awful and essentially a dweeb take on something Larry David did in Curb