Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:16:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pistol (Danny Boyle's Sex Pistols Programme)

Started by SteveDave, April 05, 2022, 01:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveDave

I know this is only a short teaser...

...but Lordy this looks bad.

Rizla

Christ.

Who's the lass saying "I want to burn this city to the ground" meant to be, Caroline Coon?

Danny Boyle wants boiled. Who is meant to watch this? What a colossal load of redundant pish.

I've just remembered it's based on Jonesy's book, isn't it. Hence that grandiose line about waking up the country or whatever. Well it had better include a depiction of the time he ate five pie'n'mash in one day.

Joe Qunt

That doesn't look bad. It looks fucking shite.

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Rizla on April 05, 2022, 01:39:13 PMWho's the lass saying "I want to burn this city to the ground" meant to be, Caroline Coon?

Read on Twitter that it's Jordan. Shame they've got the shit one from Game Of Thrones to play her though.

Glebe

Looks incredibly cheesy. Lydon not happy about it in case you haven't heard:

Norton Canes

Quote from: Rizla on April 05, 2022, 01:39:13 PMWho's the lass saying "I want to burn this city to the ground" meant to be

She sounds like Toyah

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Glebe on April 05, 2022, 01:49:26 PMLooks incredibly cheesy. Lydon not happy about it in case you haven't heard:

Lydon can suck a syphilitic cock.

Glebe

Quote from: Joe Qunt on April 05, 2022, 01:51:31 PMLydon can suck a syphilitic cock.

Just another of his many talents!

Weird timing with that fictional Jordan just after she passed away (RIP Jordon).

Jockice

Apparently the promo pics show the Pistols giving middle finger insults. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it always the two-finger v-sign insult used in Britain in the 70s?

Jockice

Quote from: Rizla on April 05, 2022, 01:39:13 PMChrist.

Who's the lass saying "I want to burn this city to the ground" meant to be, Caroline Coon?

Vivienne Westwood? At a guess.

the science eel

Quote from: Jockice on April 05, 2022, 02:22:58 PMApparently the promo pics show the Pistols giving middle finger insults. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it always the two-finger v-sign insult used in Britain in the 70s?

I'd put money on it, yeah.

Joe Qunt

SteveDave

Quote from: Jockice on April 05, 2022, 02:22:58 PMApparently the promo pics show the Pistols giving middle finger insults. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it always the two-finger v-sign insult used in Britain in the 70s?

I think these were some behind the scenes shots...

That's supposed to be Sid on the left...I hear the cunt playing him laughing and saying "Ohhh that's so random!"

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Joe Qunt on April 05, 2022, 02:29:14 PMIt's Jordan.

It's not Jordan who says that line. It's someone with dyed blonde hair who's probably supposed to be Vivienne Westwood.

Anyway, I agree that this looks awful.

Rizla

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 05, 2022, 01:50:29 PMShe sounds like Toyah
I thought that for a second then I remembered she wanted to turn this world upside down, not burn it. And yeah, no-one in britain did one-finger "vickeys" before 1986.

RIP Jordan. Awful to see her memory and image are being shat all over like this.

I wonder who will play the drummer from Eater. I wonder who will play Gene October.

SteveDave

Jude Law's daughter is playing Soo Catwoman and the woman playing Vivienne Westwood has been married to Elon Musk...twice. TWICE!

Joe Qunt

Quote from: Rizla on April 05, 2022, 02:36:17 PMI wonder who will play the drummer from Eater. I wonder who will play Gene October.

I wonder who thought this was a good idea.

kalowski

Quote from: SteveDave on April 05, 2022, 02:33:26 PMI think these were some behind the scenes shots...

That's supposed to be Sid on the left...I hear the cunt playing him laughing and saying "Ohhh that's so random!"
Kiera Knightly on the left there.

kalowski

No. It's Daisy whotsit from Star Wars isn't it. With Micheal MacIntyre on the right.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

It looks like the sort of thing that Daniel Radcliffe would happily be involved in to show his "range", if he wasn't too old for any of the parts.

mrClaypole

Jesus it looks awful. Rotten got a right slagging off trying to stop this. I think we can see why he didn't want anything to do with it.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 05, 2022, 03:43:00 PMIt looks like the sort of thing that Daniel Radcliffe would happily be involved in to show his "range", if he wasn't too old for any of the parts.

He's too old to play Steve Jones' willy in The Great Rock and Roll Swindle?

mrClaypole

Quote from: Pauline Walnuts on April 05, 2022, 03:58:46 PMHe's too old to play Steve Jones' willy in The Great Rock and Roll Swindle?

Maybe one of McLaren's balls from the same film?

Pauline Walnuts

phantom_power

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 05, 2022, 03:43:00 PMIt looks like the sort of thing that Daniel Radcliffe would happily be involved in to show his "range", if he wasn't too old for any of the parts.

He has far too good judgement for this shit. He is playing Weird Al Yankovic is a biopic, which sounds like much more fun

markburgle

Fackin 'ell, tell ya wot, dat looks a riite laod of old cobblers.

Either do the "Walk Hard" parody version of the story or try and get it right, I don't understand this middle approach where a laughable pantomime is presented as a serious depiction. Why are they all talking as if they're in possession of 45 years of hindsight? The Pistols lads weren't going on about "kicking this country awake", they were bickering, getting drunk and moaning that Lydon couldn't sing like Rod Stewart

Joe Qunt

Quote from: markburgle on April 05, 2022, 04:15:55 PMFackin 'ell, tell ya wot, dat looks a riite laod of old cobblers.

Either do the "Walk Hard" parody version of the story or try and get it right, I don't understand this middle approach where a laughable pantomime is presented as a serious depiction. Why are they all talking as if they're in possession of 45 years of hindsight? The Pistols lads weren't going on about "kicking this country awake", they were bickering, getting drunk and moaning that Lydon couldn't sing like Rod Stewart

Almost as if they shouldn't be making a series about one of the most overrated bands in history in the first place!

Pauline Walnuts

Who Killed Bambi?
D.O.A.: A Rite of Passage
The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle
Sid and Nancy
The Filth and the Fury
There'll Always Be an England

I'm sure there's a lot more to say about this group and their one (studio) album.

Head Gardener

Lydon was right to distance himself from this shite.

wrec

A bigger budget Hysteria: The Def Leppard Story with a bit of the magic of the This is England series