Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 02:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jim Davidson's Anti-Woke Panel Show

Started by Cold Meat Platter, April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Meat Platter

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2022/04/08/50519/jim-davidson-makes-an-anti-woke-panel-show

"Jim Davidson is making an 'anti-woke' panel show with 'no snowflakes allowed' that promises to be 'just like the old days'.

The format of Left, Right & Centre is described as being like Question Time, 'but with jokes and definitely not woke', and features comedians across the political spectrum

Stand-up Miles Crawford hosts, with comedians advertised to appear including John Moloney, Britain's Got Talent finalist Danny Posthill and Samantha Day - as well as right-wing commentator Alex Belfield, the self-styled 'voice of reason'.

The show will be recorded at The Tivoli Theatre in Wimborne in Dorset later this month, to air on Davidson's own streaming platform Ustreme later.

Davidson told the British Comedy Guide, which first broke news of the project: 'Everyone is getting bored of having to be PC all the time or everything being "woke" so we thought we'd create a panel show where we can debate and talk about the craziness of the world and say it exactly how it is.'

He added that no one will be 'cancelled for having an opinion' but that no-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

'We need people who can laugh at jokes like grown-ups used to do and not get offended because someone has a different opinion. It'll be like the good old days,' he said."

It's the most basic level gammonry possible, looks fantastic. Arsehole bingo cards at the ready.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Yeah this is going to be mostly bashing trans folk with some old-fashioned misogyny thrown in.

zomgmouse

finally the first panel show where they can say the n-word

Cold Meat Platter

Look just to be clear: about 3 people are going to watch this in good faith and all of them will be cunts. It doesn't matter. But it will be funny as fuck.

g0m

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AMHe added that no one will be 'cancelled for having an opinion' but that no-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

this is the cunt version of the paradox of tolerance

Pink Gregory

Quote from: g0m on April 11, 2022, 06:10:12 AMthis is the cunt version of the paradox of tolerance

"I don't think a man should hit his wife, Jim."

"Get out."

The Lurker

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AMHe added that no one will be 'cancelled for having an opinion' but that no-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

I genuinely want to apply for tickets to find out the vetting process for this. I say apply as if they're going to be in high demand.

frajer

Davison setting up a Voight-Kampff test to screen all audience members for signs of snowflake.

"A fella, he's in a rush, he's struggling with his shopping as he tries to get into the lift. Do you help him?"

"Yeah I give him a hand, why wouldn't I."

"Oh yeah, do you? On closer inspection, he's Chinese."

Needle flickers, close-up on pupil dilating.

Ray Travez

QuoteDavidson told the British Comedy Guide, 'blah blah blah blah blah snowflakes blah blah blah offended blah blah blah Woke blah blah blah blah blah PC blah blah blah blah blah.'

Sounds great!

The Lurker

JamesTC

I wonder if Jim Davidson has ever seen Fight Club.

Twonty Gostelow

I'm reserving judgement. Loads of people reckoned Up the Elephant and Round the Castle was going to be shit and ended up with egg on their faces.

Key

My funniest takeaway from this is that Jim Davidson has his own streaming platform, Ustreme.

Bad Ambassador

QuoteNo-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

Quote'We need people who not get offended because someone has a different opinion.'

Sebastian Cobb

Didn't Davidson famously have a couple of people in wheelchairs removed from the front of one of his shows? The audience-members knew what they were in for, just Jim thought he'd feel a bit self-conscious doing his ableism in front of them. Seems a bit snowflakey to me.

Fambo Number Mive

So the show will feature comedians across the political spectrum but won't be "woke" or "PC" or allow "snowflakes" - but don't people like Davidson claim the left are all "woke snowflakes" - so how will this work?

Also, Davidson clearly thinks being PC and woke are different - how does he define each of them?

I've never heard of Miles Crawford, John Moloney, Danny Posthill, Alex Bellfield or Samantha Day before - which ones are left, which ones are "centre" and which ones are right wing?

sevendaughters

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 11:28:43 AMI've never heard of Miles Crawford, John Moloney, Danny Posthill, Alex Bellfield or Samantha Day before - which ones are left, which ones are "centre" and which ones are right wing?

I've seen Moloney and his set was apolitical; he is quite an intelligent fella with a soft spot for defending some of the older comedians from the less enlightened days. Not saying he couldn't possibly be a bigot. Says on wikip he was part of Red Wedge.

Alex Belfield is currently on conditional bail from multiple stalking charges.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-58012030

What is it with these snowflakes not wanting to be followed or have somebody go through their bins or be harangued online?

lipsink

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on April 11, 2022, 11:09:08 AMDidn't Davidson famously have a couple of people in wheelchairs removed from the front of one of his shows? The audience-members knew what they were in for, just Jim thought he'd feel a bit self-conscious doing his ableism in front of them. Seems a bit snowflakey to me.

It's a cliche, but true. Anti-woke people like Davidson are, of course, the biggest snowflakes of all. Davidson and all the GB News comedians are just massive crybabies. Remember Davidson storming out of that interview with Diversity's Ashley Banjo cos he couldn't defend his racism? (After calling him 'George')

Fambo Number Mive

QuotePlease note: all sales are final – there are no refunds or exchanges

So if you buy a ticket for this and you fail the snowflake test you don't get your money back?

I'm having a look on Twitter to see people's reactions to this and it seems fracking is the latest "let's annoy the libs/left" thing for gammons to have in their bio.

Quote@BikerGary17
Defunded the BBC, sorted,  Brexit,  sorted, Fracking next. Mechanic, can't deal with stupidity.  Woke left snowflakes make me laugh.. Happily married

Kankurette

Challenge for Davidson: try and describe your show without using the words 'woke' or 'snowflakes' or 'offended'.

Why would anyone who's remotely liberal watch Davidson anyway? He's also one celebrity who's notorious for being a nasty piece of work. I've never read anything good from people who've encountered or worked with him.

ETA: I'd love Gary to explain why he's pro-fracking other than 'because the environmentalists don't like it and it upsets people'. That's pretty much what being a conservative is these days. Winding people up to get a reaction.
Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on April 11, 2022, 05:19:39 AMYeah this is going to be mostly bashing trans folk with some old-fashioned misogyny thrown in.
How incredibly daring and transgressive.

Retinend

Kankurette

Causing earthquakes to own the libs.

Billy Brown

I remember John Moloney being on an episode of Asylum in the mid-90s but haven't seen much of him since. His website is excellent, though. Particularly the bottom of the home page, where somebody's pasted in the copy along with instructions to edit a different page, which haven't been followed.

http://www.johnmoloney.com/

Fambo Number Mive

I would love Davidson to explain how he can guarantee there will be no snowflakes. Is his guarantee legally binding? Could attendees sue him if they hear someone near them sounding offended or walking out?

Kankurette

If I suggested that Davidson should be fed into a woodchipper feet first, is that snowflakey?

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Key on April 11, 2022, 10:36:36 AMMy funniest takeaway from this is that Jim Davidson has his own streaming platform, Ustreme.
I think it was the same site which hosted the Charlie Sheen streams when he was at the height of his "troubles".

Fambo Number Mive

According to the Bournemouth Echo Samantha Day will be one of the people making up the "left".

Glebe

Well this is another CaB meet venue sorted.