Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Jim Davidson's Anti-Woke Panel Show

Started by Cold Meat Platter, April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Just looking at the Tivoli Theatre website and they have a bucket collection at the end of shows in aid of the Ukraine Humanitarian appeal and ask people to please consider wearing a face covering. Will these nods to basic decency be regarded as "snowflakery" by the likes of Davidson?

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 11:28:43 AMSo the show will feature comedians across the political spectrum but won't be "woke" or "PC" or allow "snowflakes" - but don't people like Davidson claim the left are all "woke snowflakes" - so how will this work?

Don't waste your time thinking about it. There's no element whatsoever of good faith involved.

petril

Quote from: Kankurette on April 11, 2022, 11:59:56 AMIf I suggested that Davidson should be fed into a woodchipper feet first, is that snowflakey?

if he doesn't genuinely chuckle at it and take it as a bit of banter, is Davidson a snowflake?

gilbertharding

Quote from: Billy Brown on April 11, 2022, 11:54:23 AMI remember John Moloney being on an episode of Asylum in the mid-90s but haven't seen much of him since. His website is excellent, though. Particularly the bottom of the home page, where somebody's pasted in the copy along with instructions to edit a different page, which haven't been followed.

http://www.johnmoloney.com/

I like ""A deeply enjoyable, hilarious evening relaxing in the sure hands of a total professional." ***** by John Christopher Wood" where it looks as if the STARS are asterisks, denoting an incredibly rude five letter word.

Did he used to crop up on rent-a-quote clip shows in the old days? I'm sure it was him on one about the 100 Best Kids TV Shows or something, where his critique of Black Beauty was memorably imbecilic. If it was him...

petril

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 11:28:43 AMSo the show will feature comedians across the political spectrum but won't be "woke" or "PC" or allow "snowflakes" - but don't people like Davidson claim the left are all "woke snowflakes" - so how will this work?

yeah they don't do long term thinking. they rarely consider anything after the phrase they're saying right now so nothing really fits together.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AMHe added that no one will be 'cancelled for having an opinion' but that no-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

Don't know where to start.

Kankurette

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 12:17:08 PMJust looking at the Tivoli Theatre website and they have a bucket collection at the end of shows in aid of the Ukraine Humanitarian appeal and ask people to please consider wearing a face covering. Will these nods to basic decency be regarded as "snowflakery" by the likes of Davidson?

"Vladimir Putin, top bunch of lads."

There is a lot of cognitive dissonance surrounding Ukraine support. Like people with Ukraine flags in their bio defending Matt Le Warcrime Denier.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: gilbertharding on April 11, 2022, 12:29:07 PMI like ""A deeply enjoyable, hilarious evening relaxing in the sure hands of a total professional." ***** by John Christopher Wood" where it looks as if the STARS are asterisks, denoting an incredibly rude five letter word.

Did he used to crop up on rent-a-quote clip shows in the old days? I'm sure it was him on one about the 100 Best Kids TV Shows or something, where his critique of Black Beauty was memorably imbecilic. If it was him...

I like how the Corporate References are different fonts and are obviously pasted from emails. And that the full address of the companies from their email footers are kept in.

And the Corporate References page has a pointless animated button above the menu.

Glebe

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AMHe added that no one will be 'cancelled for having an opinion' but that no-one he deems a 'snowflake' will be allowed in the audience

"I have an opinion you may disagree with-"

"-Snowflake, out!"

Ferris

Quote from: Billy Brown on April 11, 2022, 11:54:23 AMI remember John Moloney being on an episode of Asylum in the mid-90s but haven't seen much of him since. His website is excellent, though. Particularly the bottom of the home page, where somebody's pasted in the copy along with instructions to edit a different page, which haven't been followed.

http://www.johnmoloney.com/

Thought this was a joke. Impressive!

BritishHobo

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 12:43:19 PMI like how the Corporate References are different fonts and are obviously pasted from emails. And that the full address of the companies from their email footers are kept in.

And the Corporate References page has a pointless animated button above the menu.

The inclusion of the personal note from one client thanking him because it was the first event she organised for the company is incredible, enhanced by her e-mail signature being pasted underneath, containing her full name.

BritishHobo

QuoteI saw Jack Dee at an event recently, and you were far funnier and more in touch with your audience than he was.

Starting to think I have fallen for an obvious gag now.

idunnosomename

Lmao a website with frames and a tiled background. Shame it doesnt play a midi and have flaming skulls / under construction gifs

JamesTC

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 11, 2022, 12:43:19 PMI like how the Corporate References are different fonts and are obviously pasted from emails. And that the full address of the companies from their email footers are kept in.

The best thing is on the last line he requests something be updated on the Corporate page, but then you go to that page and it hasn't been updated.

Fabian Thomsett

John Moloney was pro-Corbyn.

I remember one of his gags from the '90's:

"I went to a dyslexic rave - loads of people taking F. I saw someone in the corner trying to inject a heron."

Don't know if he's progressed from that in the years since.

idunnosomename

Lazy gag but the heron is a legit funny image

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I take back what I said about it being mostly bashing trans folk with some misogyny thrown in. There'll also be plenty of racism in the form of mocking BAME women's appearances.

Fambo Number Mive

QuoteThe format of Left, Right & Centre is described as being like Question Time, 'but with jokes and definitely not woke', and features comedians across the political spectrum

So will the audience be able to ask questions? And will Davidson be the moderator?

Will the questions be pre vetted like on Question Time?

frajer

"Hi, two-part question for the cunt in the middle: Why haven't you fucked off, and could you fuck off now?"

Glebe

Wokes to the left of him, gammons to the right, here we are stuck in the middle with Davidson.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on April 11, 2022, 02:06:34 PMJohn Moloney was pro-Corbyn.

"I went to a dyslexic rave - loads of people taking F. I saw someone in the corner trying to inject a heron."

I wonder if his hairstyle has been reclaimed by the lesbian fraternity.

Brundle-Fly

'We need people who can laugh at jokes like grown-ups used to do and not get offended because someone has a different opinion. It'll be like the good old days,' he said."

Excellent! I can't wait to see Barbara Windsor sing 'Daddy, Wouldn't Buy Me A Bow Wow'. And will Roy Hudd be performing his old Harry Champion routine?

kalowski

Quote from: JamesTC on April 11, 2022, 01:50:16 PMThe best thing is on the last line he requests something be updated on the Corporate page, but then you go to that page and it hasn't been updated.
Yes, I came to post the same thing. Poor old Triona Adams at Chris Davis Management probably left months ago.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Key on April 11, 2022, 10:36:36 AMMy funniest takeaway from this is that Jim Davidson has his own streaming platform, Ustreme.

It sounds like the name of medication for a UTI.

jobotic

"Do the panel agree that Dianne Abbott is fat?"

"Brilliant question, thank you. This is going really well I think. And plenty of legroom."

Mr Banlon

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on April 11, 2022, 02:06:34 PMJohn Moloney was pro-Corbyn.

Don't know if he's progressed from that in the years since.

Raves : Best place to shoot up.

Replies From View

Also, Davidson clearly thinks being PC and woke are different - how does he define each of them?

I've never heard of Miles Crawford, John Moloney, Danny Posthill, Alex Bellfield or Samantha Day before - which ones are left, which ones are "centre" and which ones are right wing?

I'm assuming Samantha Day is at least somewhat akin to Samantha Janus.

dissolute ocelot

Belfield was allegedly banned from YouTube but his Twitter is exactly as awful as you'd expect. Anti mask, anti trans, anti-BBC, anti-Channel 4, anti-BLM, anti-women. He also seems very keen on getting his enemies blocked from Twitter, which shows his commitment to free speech. He's definitely not the token lefty, altho he can snowflake like the best of them.

Top result for Samantha Day seems to be a hair stylist, but I assume it's not her.

Edit: Posthill is apparently something of an impressionist, and therefore worse than Hitler. "Impressionist Danny Posthill brings a bevy of other characters with him including Billy Connolly, David Beckham, Gary Barlow, Michael McIntyre, John Bishop, Alan Carr". You can book him for £0-2500.

Fambo Number Mive

His response to Liz Carr is particularly revolting. Says a lot about Twitter that they give him a platform for his shit.

bigfatheart

I think I'm right in saying that John Moloney was (is?) a prolific gag writer for panel shows, a la Kevin Day.

It's also worth noting that his Wikipedia page contains, under the external links, 'Interview with Moloney in the Guardian', which turns out to be an archived interview with the Wandsworth Guardian.