Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 07:00:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jim Davidson's Anti-Woke Panel Show

Started by Cold Meat Platter, April 11, 2022, 02:52:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

somersetchris

Quote from: bigfatheart on April 11, 2022, 05:44:35 PMI think I'm right in saying that John Moloney was (is?) a prolific gag writer for panel shows, a la Kevin Day.

It's also worth noting that his Wikipedia page contains, under the external links, 'Interview with Moloney in the Guardian', which turns out to be an archived interview with the Wandsworth Guardian.

John Moloney was the only RHSLTP I've ever turned off, absolutely infuriating. I can't remember exactly why but I'm fairly sure it included a version of 'you can't say anything these days'. If he is pro-Corbyn / Red Wedge then he might well be one of those ageing lefties who is left bewildered and embittered by the way the world has progressed since that has left him behind. I bet he's got some opinions about Millennials.   

Kankurette

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on April 11, 2022, 04:17:36 PM'We need people who can laugh at jokes like grown-ups used to do and not get offended because someone has a different opinion. It'll be like the good old days,' he said."

Excellent! I can't wait to see Barbara Windsor sing 'Daddy, Wouldn't Buy Me A Bow Wow'. And will Roy Hudd be performing his old Harry Champion routine?
Yes, racism is a 'different opinion'. Fuck me.

The Lurker

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 11, 2022, 05:12:00 PMBelfield was allegedly banned from YouTube but his Twitter is exactly as awful as you'd expect. Anti mask, anti trans, anti-BBC, anti-Channel 4, anti-BLM, anti-women. He also seems very keen on getting his enemies blocked from Twitter, which shows his commitment to free speech. He's definitely not the token lefty, altho he can snowflake like the best of them.

One of his latest tweets is about Simon Cowell's plastic surgery face. He might not enjoy this CaB thread but I can think of one he may enjoy.

Indomitable Spirit

Quietly confident that this will be the funniest panel show of the last 20 years.

Indomitable Spirit

Just punched a massive hole in my bedroom wall when I remembered that Jethro won't be able to make a special appearance on this because he's dead.

The Lurker

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 11, 2022, 05:12:00 PMEdit: Posthill is apparently something of an impressionist, and therefore worse than Hitler. "Impressionist Danny Posthill brings a bevy of other characters with him including Billy Connolly, David Beckham, Gary Barlow, Michael McIntyre, John Bishop, Alan Carr". You can book him for £0-2500.

One of Posthill's reviews:

"Lol" - Gary Barlow

Desolation. I don't know if I prefer that or the part on Moloney's website which still has copy and pasted feedback on it. Well, I do, it's the latter but it's still outstanding.

thenoise

Quote from: Fabian Thomsett on April 11, 2022, 02:06:34 PMJohn Moloney was pro-Corbyn.

I remember one of his gags from the '90's:

"I went to a dyslexic rave - loads of people taking F. I saw someone in the corner trying to inject a heron."

Don't know if he's progressed from that in the years since.

Oooo course you couldn't do that gag now Jim. The dyslexic lobby would be up in arms wouldn't they! Or would they be op in erms? They can't spell can they the fucking dyslexics. They can't stop us laughing though can they.

petril

"anybody got any veras?"

there must be a gag about dyslexia and raves there

The Bumlord

Quote from: Kankurette on April 11, 2022, 11:59:56 AMIf I suggested that Davidson should be fed into a woodchipper feet first, is that snowflakey?

I said this about Lee Hurst and I was briefly banned from Twitter. Snowflakes.

Dr Rock

I wonder how many jokes I could tell about legless war veterans before Jim got offended.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 11, 2022, 02:09:15 PMLazy gag but the heron is a legit funny image

I was going to say the same thing.  It's not what he had in mind, though.  It happens to be an amusing cartoony image, but he planned for it to be as vapid and contentless as "😂 some people got it wrong and were taking a drug called F 🤣"

Fambo Number Mive

The way Bellfield calls himself "the voice of reason" is incredibly snowflakey.

Kankurette

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 12, 2022, 09:06:33 AMI wonder how many jokes I could tell about legless war veterans before Jim got offended.
Or Captain Tom.

ishantbekeepingit

That Belfield character's Twitter is astonishing.  Retrograde stuff about "twirlies mincing down Old Compton Street" .  He even calls Lewis Hamilton "light on his feet".

Utter Shit

Quote from: Replies From View on April 12, 2022, 09:23:25 AMI was going to say the same thing.  It's not what he had in mind, though.  It happens to be an amusing cartoony image, but he planned for it to be as vapid and contentless as "😂 some people got it wrong and were taking a drug called F 🤣"

Miles off. John Moloney has been an excellent club comic for pushing thirty years. That is a shite joke though.

Replies From View

Quote from: Utter Shit on April 12, 2022, 02:50:50 PMMiles off. John Moloney has been an excellent club comic for pushing thirty years. That is a shite joke though.

I only have a shite joke to go on, and was only talking about that specific one.

Utter Shit

Hah fair point, it's a very shit joke. Moloney is very good though, and has the added bonus of being a great nostalgia act in that if you had a fantastic night out seeing him 20 years ago, you can go and see him today and relive it word for word.

petril

Quote from: Dr Rock on April 12, 2022, 09:06:33 AMI wonder how many jokes I could tell about legless war veterans before Jim got offended.

yeah, Douglas Bader helped build Germany's post-war disabled community

somersetchris

Quote from: Indomitable Spirit on April 11, 2022, 07:12:31 PMQuietly confident that this will be the funniest panel show of the last 20 years.

Put me down for 'quietly cancelled due to lack of ticket sales'

billyandthecloneasaurus

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on April 12, 2022, 02:39:10 PMThat Belfield character's Twitter is astonishing.  Retrograde stuff about "twirlies mincing down Old Compton Street" .  He even calls Lewis Hamilton "light on his feet".
A disgrace to the family name.

The Bumlord

Quote from: ishantbekeepingit on April 12, 2022, 02:39:10 PMThat Belfield character's Twitter is astonishing.  Retrograde stuff about "twirlies mincing down Old Compton Street" .  He even calls Lewis Hamilton "light on his feet".

He's a genuine loon.

g0m

Hey CaBbers! Just thought I'd check in to let you know about some big news coming up in the career of yours truly - based on my posts on this subforum, I've been invited to be a regular addition to the panel of Jim Davidson's Panel Show Where You Can Say It Because Why Shouldnt You Be Able To Say It If They Can Say It! Catch it on Wednesdays at 4pm - only on Dave ja vu

Norton Canes

Quote from: Twonty Gostelow on April 11, 2022, 10:23:02 AMI'm reserving judgement. Loads of people reckoned Up the Elephant and Round the Castle was going to be shit and ended up with egg on their faces

I thought the Swaton Vintage Day and World Egg Throwing Championships were going to be shit

Ray Travez

I had my doubts about Lester Jollity Recreates The Magic Of The Black And White Minstrels

imitationleather

In my job evaluating YouTube videos for harmful or misleading content I keep getting stuff from Alex Belfield's channel and so unfortunately I've watched a few of his vids now.

The guy is a real prick, isn't he? Also his interior decorating leaves a lot to be desired. For such a homophobe his house looks like Liberace lives there.

Martin Van Buren Stan

When Andrew Neil blocked him on Twitter he did a really long video which was half song half rant and fat shaming. One of the most bizarre things I've seen

millwall32

"John Moloney has worked for us for two years in succession, he was so popular that the guests 'demanded' his re-appearance!
I wonder why there's speech marks around 'demanded'.

steve98

Ah wiz 5 year oan the heron, an' anur 2 year tryin' tae 'hink ae a burd that sounds like "Methadone" (wi nae success.)

Martin Van Buren Stan

It'd be funny if if was filmed in November and a guest refused to wear a poppy during the shoot. Or even took a dump on a big poppy on the set. See who the "snowflakes" are then.

Jake Thingray

Some good news, not only has Davidson now unfollowed Alex Belfield on Twitter, and lied, or been too drunk to remember, by claiming Belfield never worked for Ustreme at all, but this has happened;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-62925746